It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Throes

Maybe it is a new age.

But somehow I've never understood how doing those things makes someone a "Man". Cheating on your wife and breaking your promise to the person you claim to love the most. Whipping your d*ck out for everyone to see and act like some child or monkey for people while you laugh at your genitals.

Is that how men act in your opinion??? Is that how Men who we want in charge of our lives should be acting??? Does that make sense to you honestly???

Because maybe you're right. If that's what made a Man in the past, maybe times have changed and some of us have set the bar higher than they did in the past. But you know what, I'm totally ok with that. Because I don't really want some knuckle dragging antiquated imbecile who still thinks his own d*ck and balls are entertainment to be in charge of my Government and my life. I'm not saying they can't exist. But they shouldn't be running sh*t of any importance.

Does that make sense??

I get your points. However, on three separate occasions I've personally been grabbed by women while they came on to me. Every time I thought to myself I'd be in jail if I ever did anything remotely close to that! So I personally don't see it as just a man thing any longer..

Maybe it's just my own personal experience that makes me think this way. That's it's just human nature and we all need to stop being so PC and get over it.

Respect from both sides to one another has to come back.
The women marching in those pink hats - We could do without the pink hats......they're not helping....

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

Trumps performance is going to be a bigger factor than 2017 protests in liberal cities.

Liberal cities. Okey.

The House and Senate members are probably more interested in the demonstrations than Trump is.

Trumps performance will be a major factor in the Senate and House races.

So maybe he should pay attention too?
Not sure his ego will allow that.

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Women can assault men too. That is correct. It's not just a man thing. That doesn't make it ok though.

Just because you're used to it doesn't mean that it's ok either.

If someone grabbed your mother by the p*ssy every day when she went to work would you be ok with it too??? Or your wife was assaulted by her boss would you be like, "Ah that's cool because some chicks at a bar grabbed me one night too so it's not big deal."

It's not about being PC. That is a BS way of dismissing something as insignificant when it's not.

Someone tried to do it to my wife once, they received a black eye from her.

I don't see his comments as literal. I see them as boastful. Still not ok, but I suppose I've been desensitized.

If it was one time I'd say it was a random occurrence. Three separate occasions is a trend. Both sides are guilty then. Where is the "equality" there? I'm not asking for it, I can handle things myself.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Good thing Trump didn't try it.
Huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: carewemust

Since when is President Trump the Poster Boy for the Oppression of Women World Wide ? What has this Man Done or Said that is somehow Interpreted as Anti Women ? Talk about a False Narrative Created by the Propaganda Arm of the MSM , the Constant Lies and Falsehoods are now to a degree of Abserdity . No Wonder the Trump Administration is Fighting an All Out War against a Media that shows it's Irrational Contempt and Hatred for him on a Daily basis in Print and on the Air .

Where's the love for Kellyanne?

First woman to win a campaign?

Oh right, she worked for that misogynistic racist so she don't count.

He made her make him win, the patriarchal bastard.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Good thing Trump didn't try it.
Huh?

My wife's attractive but I don't think she's Trumps type. But once again, I've heard enough talk that I think he was being boastful and sarcastic and not literal.

I didn't even vote for him.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Like mOjOm said, Donald Trump's ability to get things done, gives the women HOPE, which is why they are choosing to voice their wishes on such a large scale, at this time... rather than 2, 5, 10 years ago.

No that isn't at all what I said. That's what you've decided to believe though, but that's all on you. You'd have to be pretty bad at reading comprehension to think I ever said that.

Back on page three, where you said:

"I think one reason they might be pissed off enough to finally say something, is because most of the time Women's issues whatever they may be, are ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant by men in power."

I interpreted that statement to mean that the reason YOU FEEL women chose to march/protest one day after Donald Trump's inauguration, is because they feel that years of "ridicule" and "dismissal" can potentially be brought to an end, with this new administration.

If that's not what you meant, no big thing. Communication interpretations can be like that. Peace out.

link   

My wife's attractive but I don't think she's Trumps type.
His standards are high, I guess.

I've heard enough talk that I think he was being boastful and sarcastic and not literal.

In an adolescent sort of way.

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
Why people seems to think that we need groups to protest for the rest of us.

In all my life as a woman and a latino minority I have never faced any problems with life, living as a woman, I made others respect me, I never had tolerated mistreatment no only on me but anybody around me, hell at my age now I will not take crap from anybody including the government.

I taught my daughter to make herself been respected too.

I never understood why some people feels that they hare born to be victims of their circumstances and those around them. We have laws that protects every aspect of women rights in this nation, hell just used them, nobody needs to be a victim.

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

She's not "their woman".

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I've heard enough talk that I think he was being boastful and sarcastic and not literal.

In an adolescent sort of way.

Sure, fine. I've heard it from more men over 45 than not. But, yeah. You win.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Good for her. That's exactly what he deserved too. Not everyone is capable of defending themselves in such a way unfortunately.

Or often times are in a position where they face even greater problems if they do resist and therefore must sacrifice their safety and integrity just to survive. Those are probably the worst positions to be in but anyone who's ever been leveraged in some way knows what it's like and it's not a good position to be in.

All too often we just turn our heads as others around us are taken advantage of because we're afraid we'll be next or maybe we don't like that person in the first place or whatever. But we shouldn't. We should have each others backs. We should help others avoid being eaten by the predators if for no other reason then there's more people around to help you when your the target instead of them.

But more and more we're just lazy. Helping someone out takes effort. It requires you doing something without getting something in return other than the satisfaction of doing it. We just don't seem to give a damn anymore unless something "Grabs us by our genitals and gives them a squeeze!!"

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Where's the love for Kellyanne?

She's pretty smart.
But misguided.

link   
Trump got more fat women walking in 1 day than Michelle did in 8 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Saturday, January 21, 2017

I must say, I was STUNNED to see on a restaurant T.V. today (tuned to CNN), that millions of women ALL OVER THE WORLD were protesting! It's apparent that some very strong emotions, feelings, and convictions are in play. Probably dissatisfactions that have been building up for months...or years?

This article does a good job of showing the extent of global protests..
www.msn.com... ntp

But it doesn't do a good job of explaining the WHY and WHAT and WHEN. So I'm starting this thread to ask WOMEN (and Men, & "Other"), who identify with, and understand the overall protest movement, to PLEASE chime in, and personally share with the global ATS community:

1. WHY are you upset enough to take time out of your busy life to protest?

2. WHAT are you hoping to accomplish?

3. WHEN will you say, "Hey, our protesting worked! My sacrifices were worth it!"

Thank-you In Advance!

-CareWeMust

Found the below links on Google...I don't understand your thread, you must not be aware of the President's attitude toward women? You should google that on your own.

Article on Women's March

4 page PDF from organizers detailing the march

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Good for her. That's exactly what he deserved too. Not everyone is capable of defending themselves in such a way unfortunately.

Or often times are in a position where they face even greater problems if they do resist and therefore must sacrifice their safety and integrity just to survive. Those are probably the worst positions to be in but anyone who's ever been leveraged in some way knows what it's like and it's not a good position to be in.

All too often we just turn our heads as others around us are taken advantage of because we're afraid we'll be next or maybe we don't like that person in the first place or whatever. But we shouldn't. We should have each others backs. We should help others avoid being eaten by the predators if for no other reason then there's more people around to help you when your the target instead of them.

But more and more we're just lazy. Helping someone out takes effort. It requires you doing something without getting something in return other than the satisfaction of doing it. We just don't seem to give a damn anymore unless something "Grabs us by our genitals and gives them a squeeze!!"

I get it. I truly do. Perpetrators should be punished. If someone comes out with concrete evidence that Trump did actually factually grab women without consent, then he should be punished for his crimes.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not so much that they think Trump is going to fix it or something like that. But more that the reason why there are over a million women pissed off about the same general thing at the same time is being fueled over years of having Men in Power just laugh and joke about their problems while making laws against their wishes.

I don't know what their actual goal is. It might just be a warning to let men in power know that they are pissed off and those men are on thin ice. I don't know. But I do know that whenever any group of million people all come together to voice their protest about something, somebody had better listen.

Best case is that some of them all sit down and find out what the problem is and work out some way to fix it. Or next time, it's going to be 10 million, then 100 million. The fact that it's mostly women is another important feature that any male beyond the age of 10 should realize is also important for a variety of reasons too.

Obviously there is a problem somewhere. The fact that it's taken over a million women to all agree to come together and make an issue of it means someone needs to figure out what the hell is going on. Because I'm pretty sure the fact that some of us still don't understand the problem, is also part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kngfc

Made me snort.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Drugs are bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kngfc

All it took was the threat of the GOP finally destroying healthcare.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join