It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Women's rights to make their own decisions about their bodies, and not to be grabbed by the pussy by some billionaire,

I'm going to be crass here, but I think I need to in order to get you to understand the basics of it. Have you ever allowed a man, while you're in the heat of passion, to "grab" you there? Be honest.

My wife and I agreed he was being boastful. The comments were made in jest. He was bragging. Oh I can kiss them on the cheek, the lips! I can even grab em by the p****!

I've heard this type of talk a thousand times. A million women marching down the street is going to just make the whispers more silent, not stop it.

I don't think the women who sacrificed their time/money/energy to protest today are that concerned about mere "words". That would make them unstable. It has to be actual deeds over the years that caused their pot to boil, at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Throes

I've heard this type of talk a thousand times.

I haven't. Except from adolescents.

I can walk in any bar in a 100 mile radius and hear it

And there lies part of the problem......

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He's not saying it within the context of being in some passionate love making though.

The context is that when you're rich and powerful and have such status you can do those things and "get away with it." He's not talking about it being some kind of foreplay or anything.

This is what he said.

Trump: I moved on her actually. You know she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it. I did try and # her. She was married.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her, with the gold. I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Trump: Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Trump talked locker-room BS like a majority of males have at some point.

The deal is, though, our entire society is sex-saturated. Women are doing a pretty good job of exploiting themselves---every damned single day, especially if a dollar is involved.

These women will go home in another day or so, wait till the lights are dim, and go back to re-reading 50 shades of Grey.

Irony, eh?

This is sour grapes from the losing side.

Period. (get it?)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

And there lies part of the problem......
Oh I've heard it in every work environment I've been involved with. From construction to government to IT professional.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

nobody is going to take away their rights to make their own decisions about their bodies.
They have right to decide to abstain from sex or use protection if they don`t want to get pregnant.

The real problem is that the democrats have been telling them that it`s not their fault that they got pregnant it was completely out of their control,it`s not their fault that they didn`t use protection and got pregnant even though they don`t want the kid.

That is truly one of the most IGNORANT posts I have ever read.

omg

utter fail.

you all have NO EFFING IDEA what you are talking about! It really is spectacularly dazzling!! You have NO CLUE!!!

none

the only clue you have is "butthurt"

link   

Well that right there reaffirms my reason for never going to bars. Pigs need their grimy cesspits to bump chests in.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's why Trump won, anyone who voted for him isn't aloud to ask questions and discuss.

Just imagine if Hillary had won.

link   
I saw an interesting sign in one of the crowds, it said "Education is for LEARNING, not for PROFIT".

This is going to be an enormous concern for mothers. (And fathers.)

link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Trump talked locker-room BS like a majority of males have at some point.

And the majority grew out of it at some point, well before 40.

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's why Trump won, anyone who voted for him isn't aloud to ask questions and discuss.

Just imagine if Hillary had won.

She would have had us by the balls, bro.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: queenofswords

He's not saying it within the context of being in some passionate love making though.

The context is that when you're rich and powerful and have such status you can do those things and "get away with it." He's not talking about it being some kind of foreplay or anything.

This is what he said.

Trump: I moved on her actually. You know she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it. I did try and # her. She was married.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her, with the gold. I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Trump: Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

I took it as a boastful proclamation, not that he literally does it without permission. But you know, I've heard this talk through my entire life being a man.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I took it as a boastful proclamation, not that he literally does it without permission.

I took it as that he actually did it.

But if he was lying about it, what does that say about him? He thinks it's cool to accost women?

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: Tardacus

That`s not up to Trump that`s congresses territory

Right.
When's the next election?

2018. Fascinated to understand why you think that 3 liberal cities in Trump states, 1 of which is not even up for election, are going to swing the races.
2018 is a nightmare scanario for Democrats, with 23 of their Senate seats facing an election, vs 8 for the Republicans. A net movement in favour of the Democrats is extremely unlikely if Trump has even a decent first 2 years.

The House race might be more interesting, but again it's unlikely that the Democrats are going to gain enough to stop a Republican majority if the Trump administration does ok.

2018 is all about Trumps success of failure, not about a protest in 2017.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well that right there reaffirms my reason for never going to bars. Pigs need their grimy cesspits to bump chests in.

Like I said earlier, I've heard it in every single working environment as well. Retail, construction, governmental, and Professional. Every single one. Maybe most men are afraid to admit it, but I'm not. Usually it's the elder men, too.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sort of depends. Don't it?
On how strong the representatives see their support.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

so, you`re saying that women have no control over whether they get pregnant or not? they have no control over using birth control or abstaining from sex?

you sound like a sexist

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sure you have. So have I. But never once upon hearing someone say that did I think to myself, "Now there's a guy who'd make a good President."

I hear people say stupid sh*t daily. That doesn't somehow mean it's not stupid sh*t when they say it however. It is. It's always been stupid sh*t and will be again when the next guy says it too.

I won't start thinking that any of them are President Material the more they say it though.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Like I said earlier, I've heard it in every single working environment as well. Retail, construction, governmental, and Professional. Every single one. Maybe most men are afraid to admit it, but I'm not. Usually it's the elder men, too.

I assume you're saying that elder men are "bolder". That only leads me point out that hey, check it out! As the generations aged & the youngins got older, that s# became not awesome anymore.
edit on 1/21/2017 by Nyiah because: clarified.

link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Sort of depends. Don't it?
On how strong the representatives see their support.

It depends on how well the Trump administration does.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join