It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

This is when it will have the most impact. We just hired a new guy who couldn't even pass all the prerequisite screening and HR has already complained about him. This is our way of saying "here's what you are totally ignorant of and what you need to look at".

What prereq screening is that when you are talking about the CEO?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

So by your logic, no domestic cause is worthy of your respect unless they address foreign issues as well? Or are you just singling out this particular cause?

I'm just pointing out how selfish it seems when we know all of those issues have made progress and the hugely moral dilemma I proposed doesn't seem to register on their radar. At least in any significant way. Where is the outrage for that?

To be honest and fair, however, I aim the same criticism in other directions and not just at these confused militants. I will bash the HELL out of Trump if he doesn't address it in a real way.

Speaking of Trump: I think he's more liberal than he is currently being given credit for. The hate seems misdirected at this point.

Regardless how liberal he is or how he really desires to treat woman personally and formally and in policy, there's this:
nymag.com - All the Women Accusing Trump of Rape, Sexual Assault...
www.telegraph.co.uk - Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place...

That's why this is happening. Also this:
www.nbcnews.com - Roe v. Wade Attorney: Trump Is Biggest Threat Yet to Reproductive Rights...

Is that a liberal media hit piece? Doubt it.

edit on 1/22/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm pretty sure our Narcissist Cheeto Monster also thought it was exclusively about him.

Then why march now? Why not march during Obama's 8 years when all of this was not being looked at or worked on to change? If you peel that onion back it boils down to the left not getting their first Mdam President....

Have you seen who's in the White House and in Trump's cabinet?!

Are you just trolling us with that question or was it rhetorical?

This is when it will have the most impact. We just hired a new guy who couldn't even pass all the prerequisite screening and HR has already complained about him. This is our way of saying "here's what you are totally ignorant of and what you need to look at".

Thats a new reason - do you make these up as you go along? I think I have heard over 100 different reasons for the protest now, which goes to show there was no real underlying reason.

It's the same platform! I was asked why now instead of eight years ago. My response was essentially that we didn't hire a pussy-grabber eight years ago. Obviously, the message needs to be announced now when it wasn't so obvious back then.

It's a reminder. Just like you might grab an umbrella when you see storm clouds approach but it might be a back-burner item to bring along if you see sunshine.

Nothing I said contradicted anything I said before. It's a simple concept to grasp, no matter how much you pretend to be confused by it.

Like I said, I've heard a hundred different reasons from people I saw interviewed through the day. Massive confusion and no consistent message.

I can't fully disagree with you on that. I only told you the official platform. Sure, there are a lot of marchers who might not be on the same literal page but they are certainly reading the same book.

It's just like any cause or movement or even political party. I still encounter republicans who think their insurance is safe because they have the ACA, not that filthy Obamacare. Yeesh...

It seems like an opportunity wasted for two reasons.

One, it became difficult for people who are not as sympathetic to the message to really understand what was going on, so it was assumed the issue was Trump. An immediate turn off because of so much propaganda and nonsense over the past 18 months.

Two, there were too many celebs and politicians there. No one trusts those people. Power and fame drive their actions.

You may have just touched on my biggest complaint with the march, actually.

While the word was spread heavily and effectively, it was mostly targeted towards those who would actually show up. Meaning it was towards an echo chamber (which isn't bad in and of itself) but that left a whole lot of other people unaware of what it was all about.

So I'll concede that it's not exactly an explicit message unless you actively look for that message. But it's there, I promise.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure our Narcissist Cheeto Monster also thought it was exclusively about him.

Then why march now? Why not march during Obama's 8 years when all of this was not being looked at or worked on to change? If you peel that onion back it boils down to the left not getting their first Mdam President....

Thats a new reason - do you make these up as you go along? I think I have heard over 100 different reasons for the protest now, which goes to show there was no real underlying reason.

It's the same platform! I was asked why now instead of eight years ago. My response was essentially that we didn't hire a pussy-grabber eight years ago. Obviously, the message needs to be announced now when it wasn't so obvious back then.

It's a reminder. Just like you might grab an umbrella when you see storm clouds approach but it might be a back-burner item to bring along if you see sunshine.

Nothing I said contradicted anything I said before. It's a simple concept to grasp, no matter how much you pretend to be confused by it.

Like I said, I've heard a hundred different reasons from people I saw interviewed through the day. Massive confusion and no consistent message.

I can't fully disagree with you on that. I only told you the official platform. Sure, there are a lot of marchers who might not be on the same literal page but they are certainly reading the same book.

It's just like any cause or movement or even political party. I still encounter republicans who think their insurance is safe because they have the ACA, not that filthy Obamacare. Yeesh...

One, it became difficult for people who are not as sympathetic to the message to really understand what was going on, so it was assumed the issue was Trump. An immediate turn off because of so much propaganda and nonsense over the past 18 months.

Two, there were too many celebs and politicians there. No one trusts those people. Power and fame drive their actions.

While the word was spread heavily and effectively, it was mostly targeted towards those who would actually show up. Meaning it was towards an echo chamber (which isn't bad in and of itself) but that left a whole lot of other people unaware of what it was all about.

So I'll concede that it's not exactly an explicit message unless you actively look for that message. But it's there, I promise.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My drinking buddy here wants me to say something about these "Red Pill" guys. She is just figuring this stuff out and wanted me to put something elsewhere, it bears a mention here. We have dealt with men like this IRL and in my case it almost got ugly once.

She's had guys try these tactics on her lately, I said she should read up on this. All women should.

I find it funny that many right wing men and traditionalist types try to demonize feminist women by saying they are ugly. The truth is - you will have many more problems if you are attractive. Which we are.

Men harass you at work, there's a growing movement afoot that preaches that acting like an asshole is the way to success with women
although that's no kind of any new behavior, and it's ridiculous.

It's usually the so called "family man" too - who's drooling over you and harassing you. Don't believe me? Drag your husband to the store. Notice who he's looking at. Happens there too.

And the thing is, well you can't really protest this, now can you? On the other hand there seems to be a promotion of bad behavior. Towards women.

And if you say: Stop harassing us! These Right and Alt Right types say you're being a "Special Snowflake" and they "shouldn't have to be PC". But what about just being polite to people? So what you are saying is that people ought to just accept harassment?

And why should men be harassing like this anyway? "Married" "Family Men"? Um, wedding vows? Aren't you people Pro Family? Why are married family men harassing and hitting on single women?

You're negating yourselves here. And yes I think people should be polite to others in all cases.

I also wish to address a person I saw complaining about women wanting certain jobs. And there might be more than one, it's a common sentiment I've seen in any case. The idea that women only want "the good jobs" and not the "grunt work" , garbage hauling is often mentioned.

OK, this is something that could be "protested" or argued against, there's a glaring error here, as with most dogma, and that error is the conflation of two separate ideas. Access to jobs is one thing, access to (what one perceives as) "good jobs" is another. And why aren't men held to this standard? I'm pretty sure that Trump never worked hauling garbage.

There are two things here in any case. Wanting to get a job is one thing, wanting a better job is another. Don't conflate the two.

And being a woman is easier? HA. NO. You men - you should try being even a halfway attractive woman. You don't get a minute's peace. Look at Melania and Ivanka - you think they get any peace? Pffft. NO. Melania looks terrified.
Ivanka seems to have half a brain. And seems to be able to handle stress. Let's hope so.

Yes I voted for HC but I do like Ivanka. I am willing to give them a chance. I hope she will keep a grip on the old man.
(You could work in a crude joke right here - but you probably shouldn't.)
My friend says: How about if they put the old man in the basement with his favorite junk food and a computer so he can rant on Twitter, and Ivanka and Melania can run things? Hey this sounds like a good idea!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Seems like a colossal waste of time and energy based on misrepresentation, propaganda, and lies. But hey, if that''s what you feel you need to do, go right ahead. My aunt was down there, she has basically shunned our whole family because of this, but hey that's her choice. Thanksgiving and Christmas this year were certainly different. and probably will be for many years to come. While sad, I'd still vote Trump, country over my own self interests.

I think you are in the minority, TruMcCarthy. I think the majority of voters have always chosen candidates that at least "promise" things that they want, for enriching their personal or business life in some way.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I have no doubt that if any human rights are violated in the future, these people, and many more will not just rally, but protest. Get the message?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there??

What policy position did Bill, and the Democrats, support that was bad for women??

The Republican congress is a gigantic threat to everyone except wealthy, conservative, business people.

Your statement doesn't make sense. Smart & Wise Women were largely responsible for giving control of the HOUSE, SENATE and 78% of State/Local offices to Republicans...starting 2 years after Barack Obama became President.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FalseMove

YES BOTH sexes think the OTHER has it easy, warfare ,bar fights ,PEEING OUTSIDE,...IT'S NOT ALL fun like that .
edit on 22-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: FalseMove

YES BOTH sexes think the OTHER has it easy, warfare ,bar fights ,PEEING OUTSIDE,...IT'S NOT ALL fun like that .

I don't, I have a husband and son, I know the struggles because I endeavour to ask and know their struggles and not dismiss them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I have no doubt that if any human rights are violated in the future, these people, and many more will not just rally, but protest. Get the message?

Well yeah. I was replying to the people who were saying they didn't understand the message. I understand it because I am involved. But the vagueness to those outside of the effort, those people who abhor any sort of social cause for anything at all, I sympathize that the message wasn't very clear on the outside.

That's all I was saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The messages becomes clearer when one bothers to read each sign held up by different people or groups.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
People are protesting a corrupt (long financial history of this) and shameless President? I never knew people could do that!

I guess when the right does it its called protest, but when those in the middle or left do it it's funded by billionaires and the media. What a world we live in

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If this Women's Movement wants to have a chance of succeeding, they've got to get rid of that woman named MICHAEL MOORE. (Or..Moore could be a man pretending to be a woman. Either way, this person is not helpful.)

The numb-skull was all over print and visual media today, making remarks that HURT the Women's Movement. Here's just ONE of them:

""Women That Voted For Trump are "Victims" Of Ingrained "Misogyny And Sexism""

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Michael Moore is also organizing a 100 Days of Resistance movement that's catching on quickly.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

If Trump/Republicans proceed with "make America even greater", without being distracted, these Anti-Trump movements will lose the more intelligent and intuitive followers rather quickly.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If this Women's Movement wants to have a chance of succeeding, they've got to get rid of that woman named MICHAEL MOORE. (Or..Moore could be a man pretending to be a woman. Either way, this person is not helpful.)

The numb-skull was all over print and visual media today, making remarks that HURT the Women's Movement. Here's just ONE of them:

""Women That Voted For Trump are "Victims" Of Ingrained "Misogyny And Sexism""

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Michael Moore is also organizing a 100 Days of Resistance movement that's catching on quickly.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

If Trump/Republicans proceed with "make America even greater", without being distracted, these Anti-Trump movements will lose the more intelligent and intuitive followers rather quickly.

Mikey said what needed to be said.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I'm trying to read each one.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jeez....put a fork in the credibility of that movement.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You are behind the times, get with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Put a fork in Washington.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The woman and I had a long discussion about this. She has a daughter who is all about the current progressive movement. We always have open dialogue with her and truly want to hear her views. The hows and whys and what she likes/dislikes.

This past Saturdays protest have all 3 of us looking for answers. This was millions of women around the globe that had a message (some men too) to get out there and the sad thing is that not many know what it is/was. Wasted potential if you ask me but wow what a show of force.

After our discussion she made me a grilled cheese sammich...true story!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join