It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump flubs CIA speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

exactly. are we going to fight terrorism OR are we going to take their oil?

no one here will answer that, I've asked.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Honestly, the speech was either shameful or disturbing, depending on your assessment of the POTUS's state of mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I've also noticed that his style is similar to that of a high school boy trying to get in a girls pants.

"I love you. There's no one I respect more".

But that's what he says to everyone (all the girls).
edit on 21-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Perfect analogy. LOL!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So that's where I went wrong in high school. I was trying to impress them with my music skills...or some form of music skill.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

God that was awkward, totally incoherent in it's delivery - he was all over the place ..............'beautiful Generals, beautiful fighting' | 'too much support' | 'winning' | 'So, wait a minute, I made a speech'....'God looked down'.......'I got hit by a couple of drops'.......'it stopped' | 'dishonest media'.

Then he gets an ovation for it?

I can't even.......

I think he should stick with the pre-written teleprompter-thingy - improvising and off-the-cuff aren't his best traits.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So that's where I went wrong in high school. I was trying to impress them with my music skills...or some form of music skill.

If you throw enough crap at the wall, eventually something will stick.

If Trump tells everyone he loves them and that he is great, eventually someone will believe him.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I've also noticed that his style is similar to that of a high school boy trying to get in a girls pants.

At least he doesn't do that Beiber head-twitch-to-get-hair-out-of-face thing?

link   

I'm just waiting for the bread and circuses to begin. I'm actually interested to see what bones he tries to throw the people of America.

We know that's the M.O.

He wants to be well-liked, applauded and fawned over. He'll say/do anything (just like that teenage boy) to "get into America's pants".

Well Mr. Trump, what are you offering? Roses and cheap fake diamond pendant from Walmart aren't enough. That might have worked for me in 8th grade, but this isn't 8th grade.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm certain he has enough hair product in that thing to keep it from going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm certain he has enough hair product in that thing to keep it from going anywhere.

Probably, all I know is that I'm now laughing out loud at the mental image of him doing that ludicrous head-twitch and his hair not moving at all

link   
OK, so Trumps oratory skills suck.
The presidency is a STEEP learning curve for even the most hardened politicians. No one, and I mean NO ONE butchered the english language like Bush the Shrub. Ford was an inept doofus as well. They both learned as they went.

It's apparent here that no one is going to like anything Trump does till they see results in their wallet.
This is gonna be a LOOOONG four years.

link   
a reply to: Kettu

I'm willing to give Trump a chance to do his thing before I completely give up hope, but I don't know if I can take 4-8 years of a man that is supposed to be our leader, but cannot articulate worth a damn.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If you throw enough crap at the wall, eventually something will stick.

If Trump tells everyone he loves them and that he is great, eventually someone will believe him.

Perhaps. It worked well enough to get him elected. Now we will see if any of it was worth it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Willtell

God that was awkward, totally incoherent in it's delivery - he was all over the place ..............'beautiful Generals, beautiful fighting' | 'too much support' | 'winning' | 'So, wait a minute, I made a speech'....'God looked down'.......'I got hit by a couple of drops'.......'it stopped' | 'dishonest media'.

Then he gets an ovation for it?

I can't even.......

I think he should stick with the pre-written teleprompter-thingy - improvising and off-the-cuff aren't his best traits.

Could be worse Nero's speeches were so long and rambling that people feigned death to get out of the auditorium.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

I'm willing to give Trump a chance to do his thing before I completely give up hope, but I don't know if I can take 4-8 years of a man that is supposed to be our leader, but cannot articulate worth a damn.

All I can tell you, introvert, is that those on both sides of the aisle that have been in one-on-one or group meetings always come away impressed and complimentary of his intelligence, willingness to listen, and strategic genius.

I think his style in front of the camera is intentional.
edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That speech was pure "Trumpeting"

He lies just like the Serpent in Genisis!
The people there gave him the ovation only because they were thankful the pain was over!

More to come! Aren't we fortunate?
edit on 21-1-2017 by Tompdx3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

CNN is full of piss and venom at the moment,no speech,no achievement is going to be reported positively honestly if he walked on water the headline would be Trump wets Whitehouse carpet

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That speech was pure "Trumpeting"

He lies just like the Serpent in Revelations!

The people there gave him the ovation only because they were thankful the pain was over!

More to come! Aren't we fortunate?

Awwww yea! We got an Antichrist/End Times reference already! I hope to God you make a thread for us about that

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Is this just an attempt to laugh at some mistakes in the speech, or an attempt to applaud or defend the C.I.A.? I only watched the first 6 minutes of the full video but I feel like I am missing something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join