It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this really too much to ask for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The election is over.

The new President has been sworn in.

I know there are strong feelings on both sides regarding the results of this election.

But can't we all just STFU and start to work towards the collective good of all?

I know I'm not a wordsmith, so maybe JFK's words will resonate more. They almost always do...

edit on 1/21/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Working together doesn't make for page clicks and add revenue.

But it would be nice.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Like concentrating on those things that we have in common, and being curious, instead of angry about our differences?

Together we stand, divided we.......

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Trust me.. those who were Pro-Hillary are not accepting anything that Donald Trump says, or does, to generate "Unity". I'm starting a thread on this later.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Like concentrating on those things that we have in common, and being curious, instead of angry about our differences?

From your lips/keyboard to God's ears.

Except that I fear God isn't listening anymore.

We're on our own...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Trust me.. those who were Pro-Hillary are not accepting anything that Donald Trump says, or does, to generate "Unity". I'm starting a thread on this later.

I think you may be right.

And it blows my mind that the party of "inclusiveness for all, freedom of expression, celebrate diversity" cannot get past the fact that they lost the election.

It says an awful lot about the leaders of that party - my party as a matter of fact - that not ONE of them has stepped forward and said "Grow the f#ck up!" to all of it's members.

Unfortunately what it shows me is that they are no longer my party.

I shall henceforth refer to myself as a Rifftocrat.

A little center-left on some issues, a little center-right on others. But always issues-based and I hope, open minded to actual facts.

Hope springs eternal...wish me luck.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Only if they stop insulting and disrespecting my president. Meanwhile, no mercy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This obsession from both sides is getting old and tiring. The constant fighting even worse. The new administration will make some mistakes and will do some things right. Just like every administration before them has as well.

ATS has become the mud-pit. It feels like the staff have given up on stopping political trolling entirely. The best conspiracy site on the net has become just another political platform even if it does have a wealthy backlog of information.

I recently saw a post in which the OP said they didn't want conspiracy theorists to reply...

The users wont change this. Either staff will or will not. A few volunteers designated to removing political trolling would do this place wonders. People can fight and complain about politics anywhere on the net but good conspiracy sites are few and far between. I know nothing will change but here's to hoping.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Noncents because: Added a letter

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

We're on our own...

In my humble opinion, Trump's election is a miracle. I don't know how you see it another way.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

We're on our own...

In my humble opinion, Trump's election is a miracle. I don't know how you see it another way.

You may be right.

I don't pretend to know the mind of God. But I do believe we all come from the same source - the one infinite creator.

And that we all have a purpose...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I like you, OP. Thank you for being cool.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

We're on our own...

You may be right.

I don't pretend to know the mind of God. But I do believe we all come from the same source - the one infinite creator.

And that we all have a purpose...

And Trump has sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution which affirms the same. Others before him have sworn, but now we, as JFK before him, must work together with him to validate his oath.

His oath is for naught if we ourselves do not uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know about that. I was pro Hillary (or rather, anti Trump), and for the most part I've stopped commenting on him. I'll give him a chance to screw up or succeed first.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know about that. I was pro Hillary (or rather, anti Trump), and for the most part I've stopped commenting on him. I'll give him a chance to screw up or succeed first.

Now *that* is a healthy attitude.

And, I'm with you. I really hope he (and therefore all of us) succeed.

But if he turns out to be a total asshat, I'll definitely call him out for it. Funny thing about people that get swept into office on a populist wave is that they can get swept right out on that same wave if they're not careful...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
I like you, OP. Thank you for being cool.

You're very welcome.

I'm not sure about cool, but I'll settle for sane...

Now, your avatar *is* cool.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Working together doesn't make for page clicks and add revenue.

But it would be nice.

You can add stars and flags to that list.

In a society were instant gratification and narcissism rule the day, there is little interest in working together.

Common courtesy, mutual respect, minding your own business and allowing people their own space and accord, where the memes of the days past.

In a society were no one else matters we are doomed to be groomed for colonization. We will all be made hasta'akala. Forever bound in world of self aesthetics, deluded in believing that we form the wall, instead of prisoner to it.

edit on 22-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

top topics

join