It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What type of weapon is this SS agent hiding?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hmmmm he does look odd?
no arms? well the hands do look plastic like. yes very strange.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
libertyhangout.org...

It turns out those are his hands. Video at link, very last one shows him moving them. I wish they were fake that would be kinda cool.
edit on 21-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Ok, point proven. I wonder if it was some sort of hand signal then.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

run up to him screaming " allah allakbah " - and he will show you what weapon he has

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Agents and officers are trained on standard shoulder weapons that include the FN P90 submachine gun,[50] the 9mm Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun, and the 12-gauge Remington 870 shotgun.[50] The agency has initiated a procurement process to ultimately replace the MP5 with a 5.56mm rifle.[51]

via wikipedia

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That was my point, it is not an oddball round if your sidearm is chambered in the same. Also, as someone else pointed out, American sold P90s are manufactured in the US. I no longer have my PS90s and I don't know how much their distribution model has changed since I originally bought mine 8-10 years ago but as far as I know the civilian semi auto versions are or were the only imported variants.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
His whole hand moves. i.imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ok, point proven. I wonder if it was some sort of hand signal then.

Could be. Or maybe he had his hands there to keep his coat closed and/or to get his weapon quicker.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Bah, your ruining my CT with common sense!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I watched this video from YouTube and at one point he does move his arms briefly at the 9:13 mark.
So yeah...they are not fake but I will give you that it is strange that he basically walks around all day holding his hands like that.
Maybe he is holding his right hand like that to keep it close to his firearm under his coat probably in a shoulder holster under his left arm.....it would be just a short quick motion from where he is holding his hand.
The female SS agent to that agents left, I thought was acting strange as well.
Though you can't see it real well in that video, when I watched it live, I saw her spending a lot of time looking at the Trump's wife Melania. I guess that it is part of her job, but if something went down, if you are looking directly at the First Lady and not at the direction where the threat is, it kinda defeats the purpose.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DichroChrono

I'm not saying it's fake or not. That right hand, though, looks almost like molded silicone. When it moves there's no movement under the skin at all and on the several occasions it does move, it always moves in the same way just to varying degrees. Not to mention that more than a few times it looks like he's changed his size under the coat. Maybe its just a weirdly designed coat. I dunno.

Apparently this is everywhere now. Just google "secret service" and two of the suggestions are "fake hands" and "fake arms." Here's a link I found without looking much. Mentions the P90 and his weird ass arms/hands.

Some site from Google's first page of "fake hands" search.
edit on 1/22/17 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Is the video so short because those three seconds were the only time his hands did not move?

Why not post a video of him walking for ten seconds, or twenty? The whole procession lasted more than three seconds, so the person who posted the clip has edited the tiny part where the guys hands looked fixed. That's my starting scrutiniy of the OP and the video.

Oh look, the video above proves his hands do move!
edit on 22/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree that ARs lack the concealability that would be needed.

Personally, I would have guessed an MP5 variant, or its successor the UMP.

edit on 1/22/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
libertyhangout.org...

It turns out those are his hands. Video at link, very last one shows him moving them. I wish they were fake that would be kinda cool.

Thank you for posting that video.
They are real hands and arms.
They have a weird look about them, but they are real.

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here you go....i remembered watching a documentary where they discussed the "hands ready" position adopted by many bodyguards......here is some info on it from Cryptome.

cryptome.org...

CX.
edit on 22/1/17 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
hussar - its only taken 4 pages to " solve " a dishonestly cropped lo res vid clip

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh, his hands are real. But the video is a great catch because it shows us a few very important things about the secret service agents that are in *close* proximity to the President.

1 - he almost never moves his hands from the position they are in. He does however move the thumb on his right hand once or twice. What that tells you is that his hands are in the optimal position for firing a concealed weapon. He flexes his thumb from time to time to keep it limber. To do this the way in which this agent did, requires incredible focus and concentration.

2 - His manner of walking or gait. If you watch any of the videos you immediately notice that he has a somewhat unnatural gait. When you look closer you see that he does a little dip or hitch to the right consistently. What that tells you is that the concealed weapon he is carrying is on his right side and is certainly larger than a standard handgun. My guess - P90 as other posters here have already pointed out.

3 - Dude!! You look like an unfinished host from the show "Westworld" on HBO! Seriously, I think that too is on purpose. His entire being is meant to make people uneasy. If you did have a "lunatic" in the crowd that wanted to attack the President but was still a little uncertain about it - as most people would be - the mere presence of this SS guy might be enough to put the would-be attacker off of his plan, or at least give the attacker second thoughts and therefore slow him down or make his actions uncertain allowing the SS to better protect and defend the President.

Just my $0.02. Great catch on the video OP! S & F....

edit on 1/22/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter
That's pretty much how I see it, in respect of your first two points at least.

As to your third point? Yeah, you could be right. All those Secret Service people looked so serious (understandably!) and they'd be pretty off-putting to many.

I doubt that would stop a determined person, though. An "amateur" loony-type would-be assassin, maybe yes. But they'd be radiating nervousness long before acting. A professional (trained) assassin, on the other hand, might be harder to spot. Unlike the movies where they're cold as ice, they'd still be probably still be nervous but perhaps not show it so much. And a pro is not going to care what the SS agents look like. His or her focus in on the target and they'd only consider those around him in respect of looking for a clear shot -- assuming a firearm is what they'd use.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
I would fully expect that those various Secret Service agents all have their own, very specific and pre-determined roles -- and the POTUS and First Lady were probably briefed on what would happen if anything went down.

During the procession there were at least 35 agents flanking The Beast, plus many more in other vehicles. Viz this screenshot I took (prior to the POTUS and entourage having their little walk):

Some agents would have the job of surrounding the POTUS and/or First Lady and using their own bodies to shield them while they hustle them back to "The Beast". And the agents likely have body armor, both to give themselves a higher chance of survival and to give extra protection to ones they are there to protect.

Other agents would be tasked with taking down the perp or perps.

This specific-role function could be why the female SS agent another poster mentioned was seemingly watching the First Lady most of the time: Melania Trump would naturally be well aware of the risks and besides concerns for herself, she would also be keeping an eye out for any perceived threat to her husband. The female agent watching her might have a pre-arranged signal Melania could use if she happens to spot anything. Also, that agent is likely among those tasked with her protection.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

But.... isnt suicide a crime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join