It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That press briefing was a Spicer cry baby rant- Frightening!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Having reviewed the pics of previous inaugurations, Friday looks to me like the second biggest crowd in history.

But the fact remains, Trump's crowd was massive. I am unsure, therefore, why phony pics were used to try and paint a different narrative.

The Pics were not Phony..Spicer lied several times in his briefing as you admit.

I think you are confused as to what Fake News is..and I want to believe it is not willful...but I know that likely is just my undue faith in the common man.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Having reviewed the pics of previous inaugurations, Friday looks to me like the second biggest crowd in history.

But the fact remains, Trump's crowd was massive. I am unsure, therefore, why phony pics were used to try and paint a different narrative.

The Pics were not Phony..Spicer lied several times in his briefing as you admit.

I think you are confused as to what Fake News is..and I want to believe it is not willful...but I know that likely is just my undue faith in the common man.

The pics were phony and you posted them on, as later pictures when Trump actually spoke have proven. Fake news.
I'll say again... Trump's crowd was massive and one of the biggest ever seen for an inauguration. Those are the facts.

It's also true that Obama's 2009 was bigger, and probably his 2013 crowd, and Spicer was not truthful. That said, the phony narrative was being pushed well before Spicer spoke, including by you.

The real question is "why the phony narrative?" and "why does it matter anyway?"
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, scary indeed. You know what else would be scary? If the leader of a country had the power to declare all news that does not come directly from him or her to be "fake news" and were somehow able to convince the entire population that the only news they should ever believe is that which is given personally by him or her.

Can you imagine? Such a policy would allow said leader to tell the people anything he or she wanted, and no one would question the veracity of it. And anyone who disagreed would simply be labeled as a supporter of "fake news" and effectively discredited. Scariest of all...if such a thing were to happen, there are a disturbing number of people who would buy right into it, eagerly and willingly.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Spicer is the new "Baghdad Bob" of political spokesmen.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The pics were phony and you posted them on, as later pictures when Trump actually spoke have proven.

Posting alternate pics...at lower angles and closer distances and saying..."looks like a lot of people to me!"

VS

comparing the two side by side exact distances, angles?

When judging the difference between 100k and 1 million people...

Perspective is an actual real scientific/reality thing...

And this picture is REAL...

NO ONE has disproved that.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Spicer is the new "Baghdad Bob" of political spokesmen.

LOL - - I actually have a Baghdad Bob doll like this one. It talks.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have collectors envy!!

That guy was great!...My favorite was his big smiling calm face telling the press pool that Baghdad was completely secure and safe and they were destroying the Infidel American Forces...while explosions started shaking the building!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The pics were phony and you posted them on, as later pictures when Trump actually spoke have proven.

Posting alternate pics...at lower angles and closer distances and saying..."looks like a lot of people to me!"

VS

comparing the two side by side exact distances, angles?

When judging the difference between 100k and 1 million people...

Perspective is an actual real scientific/reality thing...

And this picture is REAL...

NO ONE has disproved that.

You have a picture at 11:04. (if it was REALLY 11:04).
It is very easy to see the crowd when Trump was actually addressing the crowd is far larger than the 11:04 picture.
You complained about angles and perspective, yet are only interested in discussing one angle.
The detailed pictures posted with zoom in functionality totally prove the 11:04 picture is a fake representation.
Those that deny it are just hanging on to the propaganda they were trying to push.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Right up there with the Shamwow!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh come on Trump supporters, even you have to admit this looks awful for the President. Please stop trying to defend him, it's embarrassing enough already.

You know the rest of the worlds media is reporting this as Trump being... obsessed with the size of his... ~cough~... audience.

America has become a laughing stock over this issue. Don't make it worse with increasingly desperate and absurd defences. Man up, stop being snowflakes, and recognise he did something dumb by picking this fight and telling so many lies about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The number one tool the narcissist uses to control his victims... and trump is using Spicer as the puppet.

HIs supporters are out of their minds right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Again more spin. The entire point is the administration has butthurt and is fighting a meaningless topic.

Even me being a Trump hater wants to move on, but he new administration makes it impossible too. He won, let's move on. Start acting like a president and not a junior high girl fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Oh come on Trump supporters, even you have to admit this looks awful for the President. Please stop trying to defend him, it's embarrassing enough already.

You know the rest of the worlds media is reporting this as Trump being... obsessed with the size of his... ~cough~... audience.

America has become a laughing stock over this issue. Don't make it worse with increasingly desperate and absurd defences. Man up, stop being snowflakes, and recognise he did something dumb by picking this fight and telling so many lies about it.

It's surreal how people can look at an issue and see it so totally different.

For me, the msm, especially CrookedNewsNetwork, have been lying either outright or by omission during Trump's entire campaign. We could list dozens and dozens of misrepresentations, misquotes, fake news, exaggerated polls, etc. etc. etc.

For me, it isn't simply about a biased group of left-leaning journalists wanting to skew facts in order to get their gal elected.

It is much much deeper than that and goes beyond these news organizations right into deep shadowy manipulative tactics to hurt and discredit the president The American People elected.

He called them out on it.

He took it directly to The People to see and hear with their own eyes and ears.

He informed the CIA.

Then he took it right to the press through his press secy. and let them know that he knows, the American people know, and now the CIA knows, or at least they have been informed.

It's not about being butt hurt. It's about Truth and Justice and subversive media.

It's about why? who? purpose?

It's about exposing it right up front....right out of the gate.
edit on 22-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Wow this guy sounds really confident right? Or maybe overwhelmed and scared? I don't think I've ever seen a WH press briefing quite like this one. It was kind of sad and pathetic. I hope to god or the universe or whoever the hell is responsible for this reality that we don't see much more of this.

Apparently much of what he said has been debunked. Again *apparently*. It's been said that there were no magnetometers leading in to the national Mall. Also it's not the first time that coverings have been used on the grass. Let's not also forget to mention that there are time stamped photos.

I'm sure it's all because King Trump's supporters were all too busy working. It's kind of funny though because three family members of mine attended and all have full time jobs. Two of which seem to be *hear no evil, see no evil* diehards. The third seems to be a bit iffy, but he did once meet Trump personally while installing various electrical systems at one of his properties. He's told me that his firm, which is national, has been stiffed more than once for satisfactory work completed. They do however continue to provide services to the Trump Organization so they've likely recovered their losses through additional lucrative contracts. It's not like the Donald has a history of stiffing contractors for services performed though... I know. I'm sure it's all fake news. Just like his ties with the mafia and Roy Cohn.

I am just dismayed at the level of die-hard support that his base gives him. What's even more incredible to me is that people find some sort of need to fit into this right/left mold. I personally agree with various principles presented by some on either side. I sure as hell will not be some sort of cookie cutter partisan AH.

As I've mentioned before; we're headed for dangerous and strange times. Currently we have a POTUS, who at least in the OP's video, seems to be acting as a CEO... or dictatorial. That's not really the way that the American Democratic Republic has worked in recent generations. I too have a healthy disdain for the so called MSM. Hell, if POTUS can do half of what he claims with regards to healthcare, job creation, the return of manufacturing, infrastructure improvement and border security then good on him. I hope it happens. I just for the life of me can't recall a time when a bunch of billionaires really and truly cared about the working and middle-class.

To me this is just more B.S., Especially with Conway's proclamation on NBC that Spicer was presenting "Alternative facts". What the hell kind of facts are those? Seriously. Aren't numbers still numbers?
edit on 22-1-2017 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Dude, you can check earthcam.com and see live footage from when Trump is talking, loads of white space, large empty space.
Complete with time stamps. No photos, actual video.
You WANT it to be full, but it wasn't.

What has been debunked is the amount of people Trump and Spicer claim were there.

I'm no Hillary supporter but I'm not going to lie about attendance numbers.

If anyone is lying it is Trump. Bad start and a sign of things to come.

ATS's motto used to be Deny ignorance, it seems that now its promote ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Dude, you can check earthcam.com and see live footage from when Trump is talking, loads of white space, large empty space.
Complete with time stamps. No photos, actual video.
You WANT it to be full, but it wasn't.

What has been debunked is the amount of people Trump and Spicer claim were there.

I'm no Hillary supporter but I'm not going to lie about attendance numbers.

If anyone is lying it is Trump. Bad start and a sign of things to come.

ATS's motto used to be Deny ignorance, it seems that now its promote ignorance.

I didn't say it was full.
I have already said the crowd was not as big as 2009.
I am saying Trump's crowd was one of the biggest Inauguration crowds held at that location in it's history of hosting the event - beating every prior President except Obama in 2009 and possibly 2013. That is undeniable.
If you are able to step back for a second, you might like to consider why that was not part of the MSM narrative.

It is also undeniable that the MSM used pictures prior to the main event and the crowd was larger than they showed.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for because the lessons of history are clear.

In a democracy, the press holds the government accountable.

In totalitarian states, the government holds the press accountable.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So instead of comparing it with the last president, we are going to compare it with the three presidents before Obama, skipping him, even though he was the LAST president? What sense would it make to compare it to the presidents before Obama when OBAMA Is the last residing president. Does not matter if he was the first black president or not, his numbers were higher, that is fact.

Donald is highly unpopular, and people only voted for him to avoid Hilary. That does not = popular. Donald was the afterthought, the last choice, the reluctant decision. People were not voting for him in droves, inspired by his words. They voted for him because they preferred the electric chair over lethal injection. His viewership was high? Now this is anecdotal but every person at my job that tuned into the inauguration during break did so with a face of disgust. One co-worker saw it on tv, and immediately shouted: "I don't want to see this s%*&." And promptly left. Even the store manager looked upon the ceremony with a clear disgust. So while the viewership was probably high, I guarantee you it consisted of people who were as equally disgusted as my co-workers.

That's why his crowds were low. He was not POPULAR. This is fact. If he were POPULAR, he would have won the POPULAR VOTE. Obama inspired a nation (and though he failed to deliver), that is what inspired people, not to mention he was the first black president. Obama WAS POPULAR, which is why he won the POPULAR VOTE. To both white and black this is a huge mark in history (despite the rights---and the covert racists many attempts to downplay it), and they wanted to be part of it.

No matter how you flip it, Obamas turn out was higher than Donald and the only reason why this is being discussed is because Donald can't live with the fact that the news media reported this fact. He has to make excuses whenever his ego is threatened, and now this is the number one discussion in America.

Reality, deal with it.
edit on 22-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He informed the CIA.

Thank goodness! The CIA has no access to high resolution satellite imagery and algorithms that can estimate the size of crowds to a fair degree of accuracy. What kind of idiot tries to push lies on people who are, in effect, professional mind readers?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It's also true that Obama's 2009 was bigger, and probably his 2013 crowd, and Spicer was not truthful. That said, the phony narrative was being pushed well before Spicer spoke, including by you.

The real question is "why the phony narrative?" and "why does it matter anyway?"

It matters because they decided to call a press conference over it and lie to the public to supposedly call out lies of the media. The bust of MLK I don't really care about, but if the admin has to lie about crowds then it is suspect that the MLK bust is a lie as well? All they had to do was put it back in the office later and claim it was always there. I don't know if they did that, but they lied once then they probably lied twice.

The administration is already off to a petty start I would think they would have more important things to do than protecting Donalds ego.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join