It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sekret Machines: Gods" by DeLonge / Levenda (foreword Jacques Vallée) - with quotes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

DeLonge / Levenda (foreword Jacques Vallée) - with quotes

ok ... The superstars of ufology. Look at it's present state and tell me what has it achieved besides an endless tug of war with skeptics and shills ? We need more unbiased witness accounts. Not superstars that know how to play the community or it's the end of real ufology.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've ordered the book, and will get it as soon as its out.

There is something here worth looking at, and it's going to connect a lot of dots, methinks.

- AB

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

And you sweet caring soul will give us a little report?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But of course!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

"who his "high up" contacts were."

Care to speculate?

Collins Elite?
Puharic disciples/the nine theosophists?
Spooks involved with those two?

I'm assuming anyway...this may be their last gasp...they are all getting awfully old....

Kev
edit on 22-1-2017 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Don't read too much into that JV forward. JV would write a forward for a long list of people if they asked. But that should not lead someone to infer that he's part of the project.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I know little about Delong, I respect but don’t trust Vallee (too close to the CIA and other authorities, imo) but I like Levenda so I will get this book ASAP.

I imagine they will espouse the alien as an inter-world “sekretion” into our world, something I can get with. That is a Vallee mainstay.

Levenda, being a journeyman mystic, is naturally allighned with this UFO school of thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As far as Valle’s mysterious men, well if you read any of his books often he goes down this route that leads me to believe he is admitting he is a machine establishment man and knows the government insiders because he’s one of them.

His mysterious government agents he hangs around with on his “research” missions

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Agreed , Jacques Vallee's association with the NIDS crowd was enough to raise question marks for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

But his instagram pic of a screenshot from a ufo movie (as in, not a real UFO, but a movie prop/special effect) is labeled: "A real #sekretmachine"
I'm not saying there isnt an explanation... Obviously a "real #sekretmachine" isn't necessarily the same thing as a "real flying saucer" or whatever word for UFO or spacecraft you want to use. But, it brings to question, what IS a "real #sekretmachine"? A movie prop?

I am not saying there is no explanation, but, I would sure like to hear his official explanation... Cause for me, this was the point where it became too much for me to be able to hold out any hope that he would be able to share any real information of value about this phenomena, or that he even has access to any real information of value regarding this phenomena...

The books and documentaries and graphic novels and video games may be of value as entertainment or even as thought experiments to explore what "might be" true, but, so far, I have no reason to believe there will be many, if any at all, new actual facts revealed.

It would be cool if he was holding out for something amazing he will reveal towards the end(of the book series, i guess?), but, if that is his plan, this seems to me, a strange way of going about it... What with the claims of "real #secretmachine". I'm wondering if he will say "hey... I never said it was a real aerial vehicle! After all, sekret machines is a term I made up, so it can mean anything I want! So there."

Maybe he had to pretend to be a phony to get the MIBs off his trail...? LoL

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LennyBruce

Indeed, thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I find Tom DeLonge a little full of himself....however Peter Levenda is a world class researcher with an expertise for connecting threads that no one else could imagine, with his forte being occultism. As one radio interviewer called him he is the Surgeon of Synchronicity. His Sinister Forces trilogy covers and connects such diverse topics as the JFK assassination, Charles Manson, Nazis, Son of Sam, various cults, Jim Jones, Mormonism and of couse various government agencies. His series on The Nazis is just as compelling. He has also covered topics such as Crowley, Lovecraft and Tantra.

Delonge's pompous AMA combined with arrogant interviews I've heard him do made me lose any interest in his project. But I respect Peter Levenda and for that reason only will I read this book.

I consider his involvement with Delonge similar to Tesla hanging out with PT Barnum, but I'd go see that circus too.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: The GUT

"who his "high up" contacts were."

Care to speculate?

Collins Elite?
Puharic disciples/the nine theosophists?
Spooks involved with those two?

I'm assuming anyway...this may be their last gasp...they are all getting awfully old....

Kev

I never heard of "the nine theosophists", but a group of "9 Brahmins" is mentioned. Are they the same? (text below)
Not that this would be a major revelation in the book, it is just one part of a history lesson.

After reading excerpts from the book I have to say it is very well researched, with tons of interesting details inside and I am going to buy it.
BUT it is something entirely different from what I had hoped it would be. I am all for raising consciousness, a study of the supernatural and discussing the big questions of life. I cannot see, however, how this book (or any book for that matter) would raise the consciousness of the masses these days. On the other hand, one single piece of physical evidence of an ET race, acknowledged publicly by the MSM, could change the course of our civilization. I also do not agree that UFO technology necessarily has to be "otherworldly". I am sure that there is very "thisworldly" technology that everybody of us could operate and benefit from. Maybe there are some nebulous spirit beings trying to cross over from "another dimension", but frankly that is of much less interest to me than a tangible spaceship that exists in our reality. Why? Because when I die I will have my share of that other dimension - but I still won't know how lifeforms look in other star systems in this reality :-)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You can search for "the 9"...it's all over ATS.
The Gut has some good posts.

Kev

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Let's see how much DeLonge steals content from Joseph P. Farrell. The two had been in communication for a while, up until 6 months ago.

Let's see if they actually footnote properly.

Check out Joseph's books (and interviews). They sure as hell ain't $70.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Exciting news!!!

Peter Levenda himself has just responded in my other thread and shared some very important insight with us! (I am a link, CLICK-ME!)

I have sent a request to the moderators so Peter's replies can receive more attention.

My favourite quote (but it is not the central idea of what he writes, I just couldn't agree more with anything than this):

In addition, we in the United States now have some of the worst-educated high school and college students in the industrialized world, especially when it comes to STEM subjects. Our people do not have the intellectual tools with which to comprehend the scope of the Phenomenon since they are so poorly educated in science, math and technology. They don’t have the language or the context necessary to interpret the data. That puts us at a very pronounced disadvantage when it comes to debating scientists, engineers and government agents on the subject of UAP.
edit on 26-1-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My favourite quote (but it is not the central idea of what he writes, I just couldn't agree more with anything than this):

In addition, we in the United States now have some of the worst-educated high school and college students in the industrialized world, especially when it comes to STEM subjects. Our people do not have the intellectual tools with which to comprehend the scope of the Phenomenon since they are so poorly educated in science, math and technology. They don’t have the language or the context necessary to interpret the data. That puts us at a very pronounced disadvantage when it comes to debating scientists, engineers and government agents on the subject of UAP.

Is that because you feel let down yourself by the American education system? Or because the 'Sekret Machines' project is seemingly being aimed at a lowbrow audience?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Cool. Totally get why you're excited.

Also: gosh the AMA would have been so much better with the actual writer! Can we have one? Pleeeeeease? Levenda AMA! Please please, pretty please with sprinkles and cherry on top.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 26-1-2017 by Peeple because: Oops

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Quite the contrary, on both points

I was born and raised in a country in Europe and I still live here (English is not my native tongue). Our education system used to be one of the better ones, but has also deteriorated over the past 30 years. What really made me scratch my head concerning the education level in the USA is the fact that for the 2016 presidental elections the final choices came down to Hillary and Trump. Seriously, Beavis or Butt-Head, huh? As if there would not have been better choices in either party.
I have read "Sekret Machines: Chasing Shadows" and found myself looking up about five words per page in the dictionary. Granted, my English is limited, but this book is of very high literary quality. As for "Sekret Machines: Gods", I have only read the excerpts on Google Books. While the English is not that challenging, it is extremely detailed and well researched. It has a profound intellectual and philosophical level. So, no, I think both books are not aimed at a lowbrow audience. On the contrary, I fear the majority of people will not even be able to make it through these books. What would help are video presentations like this random example.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join