It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sekret Machines: Gods" by DeLonge / Levenda (foreword Jacques Vallée) - with quotes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I already created a thread about this book but LennyBruce discovered that "Gods" is now on Google Books (thank you!). I could not edit the OP anymore so I am starting this new thread because now we can talk about the content.

After what I have read on Google Books (click this link!) I think "Sekret Machines: Gods" deserves your attention. I was not aware that Jacques Vallée wrote the foreword and I think this gives some credibility to the work (read what Vallée has to say below!).

For your convenience I am including a series of screenshots (from Google Books, so I don't think a copyright is violated). I hope you will read them (or directly at Google Books) before making a comment (1st!).
Please remember that these are snippets out of context and even out of sequence. They are a somewhat random selection of what I found particularly interesting.
An early collector's edition of the book was available and is already sold out. The broad release is on March 7, 2017 if you want a copy.

Let's get one point out of the way so we can focus on the book's content here instead of stuff that has been discussed at length before: DeLonge used various UFO pictures in social media but he never claimed that they were new or real! It was I (!) who made that claim and I apologized as soon as I realized my mistake.

Peter Levenda's Acknowledgments

Jacques Vallée's Foreword

For Phage

No Disclosure From Government

The Phenomenon

The Importance of Consciousness

Religion

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am curious about this book after the Tom Delong AMA. I think he kept insisting that there is info contained within which should be new? Thanks for sharing what you found.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If Vallee agreed to put a word in it, I think I will rethink what I thought about DeLonge's projekt.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, DeLonge is selling a book, surprise, surprise.

But it must be legit as Jacques Valle is endorsing it in by contributing to the foreword.

I said at the time of his AMA, he's out to make money. There will be a world tour of lectures within two years, that I am sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Very interesting take on the usage of the spelling "sekrets". Language is powerful and has long been able to add fabric to the layers of the experience.

Thanks for the passages!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think that after all the previous Tom De Longe threads that have gone before this one that , just like boy bands, there are never enough of them around at any one time to satiate the projected audience for them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Wouldn't he make more money doing like... Popstar stuff?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A quick look at what you presented tells where these tales come from: The New Age-y aspect of ufology. A new religion is obviously still hoped for.

Don't get me wrong: It's an honest discussion with some good talking points...but I recognize it and have a MUCH clearer idea who his "high up" contacts were.

I also recall how Tom first said he had been okayed as the "Disclosure" middleman, but in the materials you posted (nice job & thank you!) we see there is no disclosure and don't ask for any.

It's hard for me to imagine--given their statements--how we can expect to see 3 non-fiction books?

Having said that, you have finally piqued my interest enough to read some of the materials. I also agree that the subject in totality IS about Consciousness to a great degree. UFOS/UAPS and Parapsychology do seem to be aspects of the same phenomena.

Disingenuous hacks like Stanton Freedman have long left out the high strangeness that marks so many of the reported experiences and has to be addressed--at the very least--in any serious theory/investigation.

Thanks for this OP, should be interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vechthaan

TDL has big plans , this is just the start of the proposed Sekret Machines franchise.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You know with the disclaimer it follows the premises our beloved phenomenon shows no distinction between real, religion and fiction, we might should ask what these three are, why etc. and not sell 9 (?)books.

And what does the cold war have to do with it all?

a reply to: gortex

OMG!? Coffee mugs?

edit on 21-1-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It's hard for me to imagine--given their statements--how we can expect to see 3 non-fiction books?

Having said that, you have finally piqued my interest enough to read some of the materials. I also agree that the subject in totality IS about Consciousness to a great degree. UFOS/UAPS and Parapsychology do seem to be aspects of the same phenomena.

I, too, fear it has too much of a New-Agey bent. As you state above, what's the value of 3 fiction books? I'd venture a couple guesses: the project contributors have went full-bore New-Age indoctrination; the project is framing this knowledge in a culturally relevant means to explore those parts of consciousnesses (e.g. creative imagination) that may well be part of the consciousnesses that the subject (phenomenon) is part of to a great degree.

I won't be reading, but if you indeed do, I hope you make an ATS thread sharing your takes.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I enjoyed your TDL thread. Just saying.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vechthaan
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Wouldn't he make more money doing like... Popstar stuff?

You would think, but today's kids don't know who Blink 182 are.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Very perceptive and well-stated. Better than I did.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
delongue just trolled jacques vallee that is angaist vallees view of the ufo phenomena

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Let's get one point out of the way so we can focus on the bok's content here instead of stuff that has been discussed at length before: DeLonge used various UFO pictures in social media but he never claimed that they were new or real! It was I (!) who made that claim and I apologized as soon as I realized my mistake.

A+++++ for Tom DeLonge vetting his sources for UFO photos!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I actually really liked the first book - Chasing Shadows.
so much so, that I would be fighting the sleepiness late at night, so I could finish reading the page.
After a little digging around, I found a torrent for this book. Gonna download it now so I have something to dive into tonight.
And yes, of course, I'll buy a physical copy of the book once I get back to civilization.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: The GUT

I, too, fear it has too much of a New-Agey bent. As you state above, what's the value of 3 fiction books? I'd venture a couple guesses: the project contributors have went full-bore New-Age indoctrination; the project is framing this knowledge in a culturally relevant means to explore those parts of consciousnesses (e.g. creative imagination) that may well be part of the consciousnesses that the subject (phenomenon) is part of to a great degree.

I won't be reading, but if you indeed do, I hope you make an ATS thread sharing your takes.

Cheers.

It's worse than even that.

Not only does Tom name drop Vallee, but gets a forward for his book from him. Curious. First thought is knee-jerk validation. Oh this must be real. .....well where's these sekret machines?

While on the topic of sekret machines....why the need for doublespeak if you are disclosing to the unenlightened? Because, well I have some sekret's of my own secreting from every orifice.....so what?

I'll tell you what...have Trump executive order the banning or propaganda domestically, seeing they are speaking through you, and maybe I'll take it seriously.

Timing is everything, suddenly concerns arise with Trumps victory.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

"Delonge used various UFO pictures in social media but he never claimed that they were new or real!"

Yes, but he also didn't inform us that they are NOT real, and that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

You are absolutely right, he could and should have done better in that respect. He could have hired his own artist and declare the picture as artistic rendition, or use an image from the Internet and state something like "my advisor from agency XYZ said this is an actual TR-3B", or simply name the source (from the movie "Taken").
I just wanted to make it clear that it is not as bad as I had made it look with my other thread.
edit on 22-1-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join