It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do i look fat in this dress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Step one; You ask a guy;" Do i look fat in this dress " His first thought will be;" You look fat in that dress ".

Step two, his mind will start dealing with the consequence of his actions, not the answer. Within a few seconds, his mind will have made the least damaging answer, and respond;" No, it does not ".

But for the woman, the answer took to long, and she smells the lie and the guy sleeps on the couch.
The next time she asks the same question;" He will have learned and pretend not to listen so he can think of a right answer, without her trying to face read him. Then respond;" What dear?" And then smile;" No, you look beautiful! "

And for the third time, the guy will have already learned from the two previous times and before she asks say instead;" You look beautiful in that dress " and give her a loving kiss.

HOME RUN!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The ambiguous answer would be:

Nope, no fatter than you look in everything else that you wear.

she`s left thinking " did he say I look fat in everything I wear or did he say I look just as thin in this dress as I look in everything else that I wear?"

and while she is pondering that you make a fast exit to go work on something in the garage.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

You must tell her that she looks great before she ask.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The ambiguous answer would be:

Nope, no fatter than you look in everything else that you wear.

Lol. Thank gawd I'm skinny enough, I asked my husband a similar question once, and he responded with "it's not the jeans making you look fat".
He's a keeper though....I'm thin enough to know he was kidding.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you say no she will say you are lying, and it will end in tears.
If you say yes, it will end in tears, it's a no-win situation i'm afraid.....

One thing i learnt from the biker community; if it has tits or wheels it will give you problems.

Trueman is right, but you have to be alert and look for the signs, if i just happen to know my wife has been to the hairdresser & comes back 60 bucks lighter but looking exactly the same, i have to have my best lying mode active!

edit on 21-1-2017 by playswithmachines because: A female terrorist buys a backpack & asks her freind "Does my bomb look big in this?"

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I live on the wild side.. Maybe why I'm single now..

But I like to go with the usual "you always look beautiful baby."

then you are not even answering the question and it doesn't take any thought because she really is beautiful all the time..

but every once in a while I say no that dresss looks awful what else you got..

then I get in trouble but, when I say she looks beautiful because she always does she believes me.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I enjoyed my single days, i could be myself

I'm prone to saying what i think though, and although that sometimes leads to arguments, once she has heard my thoughts and makes a decision, god help anyone who tries to interfere once she has made up her mind!
LOL
edit on 21-1-2017 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My partner was trying on a new dress in the bathroom. She called me in and said 'do I look fat in this?' I said 'yes, but to be fair, it's a small bathroom'

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lawman27

ROTFL

I can't criticize, when my wife makes remarks about my gut, i just say "Honey i still have the six-pack, but now it's hidden inside this barrel"

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

To answer your Q Tik, Yes You do.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lawman27

THAT cracked Me up!! LMFAO!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You must tell her that she looks great before she ask.

This right here is the secret!! YES!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A good reply would be does my jeans make my ......look big.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackMustang
A good reply would be does my jeans make my ......look big.

hahaha...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Yes, but for a man it's sometimes not easy to read the signs, some women are just too subtle.
[ducks]
Forgive my ignorance.
LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If that question turns up you need to know the tone of the question as otherwise your genitals may be at risk...if she's saying it in a downtrodden way then she doesn't think its right so solution take her to the mall and let her pick something else out until she finds something that makes her feel good such as cut/colour or whatever and unless its absolutely stupid like a bikini for a formal dance just consider it taking one for the team.

The problem is that by know the shoes won't match the dress and the tights are slightly the wrong shade...i'm sure US presidents nuked places for less than this shall we say....perhaps the 2 US nukes were down to the presidents wife not liking a kimono!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My wife doesn't ask.

But not a day goes by that sees her doubt how i feel about her. Im what you would call "a doting husband".

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Do I look fat in this?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well that's the best kind!

top topics

join