It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? Why can the left not see the Double Standard that is their hallmark?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Going after children is reprehensible! But, I think it says something about the individual person rather than the party. The "thing" that went after little Barron is nothing but a pos and now everybody knows it. I haven't watched SNL in a long time. They're not funny anymore and political subjects are easy pickins'....It just shows the writers don't have enough talent to get material elsewhere.

But, I think Barron probably has the best support group (his family) around him to show him what these people are and why they do what they do. I think (I hope) he will be able to see past them and keep developing into a fine young man just as his brothers and sisters have done.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger
When was Chelsea said to be mentally abnormal?

Who cares what the insult is? What kind of moral equivalency are we playing here?

Adults insulting children for political points or laughs is wrong regardless of what is said.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Not sure how this compares to alluding to a 10yo becoming the first homeschool shooter?

Why does it need to be compared to anything? Is it somehow acceptable either way?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Going after children is reprehensible! But, I think it says something about the individual person rather than the party.

First time I have ever agreed with you.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

It's really just like someone expecting a compulsive liar to tell the truth.

Liberalism IS a mental disorder.

link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

“Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.”

Not sure how this compares to alluding to a 10yo becoming the first homeschool shooter?

It was hurtful to the girls to imply they look like sluts and make ugly faces.

link   
He's the first male child to be growing up in the White House since little John Kennedy! I hope Americans shower him with love and encouragement and that these low-life subhumans that try to hurt him for a few laughs or political jabs live in shame.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Show me when anyone did this to the Obama children?

All right. Reality check:

Fox News Readers Bash Obama’s Daughter With Racial Slurs, ‘Ape,’ ‘Monkey’

Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter

Racist commenters attack Malia Obama after news of her going to Harvard

This double standard that is exhibited by the (Tulipwalker//Snowflake) portion of our population

Yeah, talk about double standards and hypocrisy. Many of you guys are ignorant to fact that you do the exact same things for which you accuse the left. The sad thing is that you can't even see what is so obvious in front of you because your attention is focused on what you want to believe.

Reality check.

That said, I agree that minors/children should be off limits across the board (both sides).

Gin

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Keep on making excuses but your butthurt posting history past month clearly show what you wrote in that thread was far from simple "jokes". You are 38 years old and you want to harrass a 10 year old child online with troll messages and such only because you don't like his father. You need to grow up and behave like a human being.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This is not the party doing such things. This is individuals doing it, and regardless of what party they belong to, they are sickos and scum, imo.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didn't get the implication you insinuate. It came across to me that they showed a lack of care or respect for the public face they are presenting as the first family. I can see how you would like to insinuate the implication to help your argument of they did it so it's OK for us...The 2 wrongs don't make a right saying comes to mind. Can you see how juvenile it looks to try and present that argument seriously?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Liquesence

This is not the party doing such things. This is individuals doing it.

The OP didn't specify "party," he said "the left" and "anyone" (on the right) meaning those (individuals) who subscribe to that ideology.

It's the same thing.

regardless of what party they belong to, they are sickos and scum

Agreed.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No I don't find it acceptable either way...At least one was addressing something that actually happened where the other is just baseless and sick. TBH I really find nothing redeeming about the players in our nation's politics as a whole...Which is why when I see what looks like a defense of something which is obviously wrong I tend to point it out.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No I don't find it acceptable either way...At least one was addressing something that actually happened...

That is called a contradiction.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

Liberalism IS a mental disorder.

How true...I have some that work for me and in a lot of cases they are smart, very smart, and then this....sad really.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I never said it was right in any case by anyone. I am reminding the OP that the right has also done this kind of thing.

I have given more examples than just that one.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a better question is why aren`t they embarrassed by doing this?

it speaks volumes about a persons character, or lack of character,who isn`t embarrassed to attack a child,or who tries to justify and rationalize a person who attacks a child.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Sorry I don't see everything black and white. Do I think both instances were in poor taste yes...Did one go a whole lot further in its tastelessness, yes. Did one have nothing to base it on at all, yes...Did the other have an instance to base the comments on, yes. So are they both wrong sure but one is a lot worse and over the line than the other. If you can't see that you aren't trying to.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
An I thank you for pointing it out. I did not know the 'right' did that. In NO way is it acceptable.

No wonder the Wookie looked so pissed....I bet he has a bone to pick with someone.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So then shouldn't we denouce such actions as a whole and let that be the priority, rather than the immature and unimportant... Your side did it too statement you made without even addressing that it was wrong all around?
edit on 21-1-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join