It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump returns bust of Churchill to Oval Office

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: zosimov

I don't know what I would have done back then. Right from wrong, good from evil was getting very blurred during ww2.

To stop Hitler the west shook hands with the devil. This let forth the gates of hell in many countries during communist revolutions and policies.

Well, I have to agree with everything you have said. When fighting monsters and all..

We can look objectively at history and therefore change our future, or we can continue with the "good vs evil" myth that perpetuates violence by justifying all means towards the end we and our leaders desire.

I am old enough to know that nothing will actually change the world but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Great responses, jelly.. cheers.

But I can see that I've overstayed my welcome here
Time to unplug and enjoy my day.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yikes. Good on you Trump haha

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
To those demonising Winston Churchill because of the Dresden bombings try looking at the wider picture, he did a hell of a lot of good too.

Churchill was one of the few British politicians at the time who believed that freedom and democracy was worth fighting for despite the impossible odds. It's true, the UK and its Commonwealth allies couldn't have liberated Europe and defeated Nazi Germany alone but even in those early years when the USA was isolationist and Russia was allied with Germany, the UK fought under Churchill's leadership in the hope that the USA who shared its values would someday join.

Churchill's courage and determination at a time when everyone else thought it was a hopeless situation played a huge role in shaping the western world today.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc1km

Churchill's courage and determination at a time when everyone else thought it was a hopeless situation played a huge role in shaping the western world today.

What does Churchill have to do with America, make America Great Again, All America, All the Time.

Did Trump switch out the MLK bust? You know MLK. American. Great American to some.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

There is a greater symbolism that transcends simply a bust. I don't think the bust represents the evil of dresden.
IMO it represents the special relationship between the UK and US and to a lesser extent former commonwealth countries. 
Which is most emphasized in WW2. The US could have stayed out of that war.

Ermmmm how could the USA have stayed out of WW2?
Japan and Germany both declared war on you first and japan was invading all your territorys.......cant really ignore Japanese bombs and troops crawling over all your land....

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Did Trump switch out the MLK bust? You know MLK. American. Great American to some.

No, the MLK bust is still there. But of course, the liberal fake news hacks made a big fuss about him removing it. Just more media lies designed to smear Trump.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: xuenchen

That is awesome! I never understood that blatantly biased...or should I say racist move by Obammy

Racist? How on Earth is replacing it with a Martin Luther King Jr bust "racist"?

Very revealing post.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What does Churchill have to do with America, make America Great Again, All America, All the Time.

MLK sculpture still there.

But the MSM has people thinking otherwise as usual.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No. That was more fake news by the liberal media.
The MLK bust is still there.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Just curious. I didn't investigate that.

But, what does Churchill have to do with America.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

He was half american for a start.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well you can start with his mother Jennie Jerome being an American.
edit on 21-1-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

No, the MLK bust is still there. But of course, the liberal fake news hacks made a big fuss about him removing it. Just more media lies designed to smear Trump.

Enough with the Liberal Fake News.

I never stated anyone said the bust was removed - - or that I read it anywhere.

I asked the question. Out of my own curiosity. It was MY question. Has nothing to do with anyone else.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Enough with the Liberal Fake News.

I never stated anyone said the bust was removed - - or that I read it anywhere.

I asked the question. Out of my own curiosity. It was MY question. Has nothing to do with anyone else.

I never implied you were the purveyor of the fake news, but you must be out of the loop, liberals had a huge hissy fit about the bust. Liberal news outlets made a huge deal that Trump removed the MLK bust, when in fact he didn't, it was just another lie.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There is a greater symbolism that transcends simply a bust. I don't think the bust represents the evil of dresden.
IMO it represents the special relationship between the UK and US and to a lesser extent former commonwealth countries. 
Which is most emphasized in WW2. The US could have stayed out of that war.

Ermmmm how could the USA have stayed out of WW2?
Japan and Germany both declared war on you first and japan was invading all your territorys.......cant really ignore Japanese bombs and troops crawling over all your land....

They both DOW'd the US after Pearl Harbor. Germany had to DOW as part of their axis power terms or it wouldn't be an alliance
There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that lead up to pearl harbor.
Once that oil was embargoed Japan knew they had to seize oil in the indies and the only ones who could stop them was the US. FDR did not want an embargo and was trying to avoid war. Some people in government did an end around on him using legalese and made a de facto embargo. Japanese and American governments were in contact when this was going on. It was not some vacuum.

Without that embargo timetables would be a lot different as Japan would have made different moves, The US government would not have had public opinion to fight the nazis. And no the embargo did not give Japan the right to attack, don't try that. There are people in government that use intelligence and geopolitical modeling to predict the future moves of countries and how to negotiate with them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2017 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
just to get this train wreck back on topic

has anyone asked WHY trump put the churchill bust back in the oval office ?

there are hundereds of objects d art availiable to him - to decorate his various work // living spaces

but on day one - he moves a churchill statuette

why ? might tip out an interesting answer

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did the mainstream media report that Obama removed Churchill's bust from the Oval Office? I wonder what he had against Winston Churchill? Maybe he replaced it with one of his idols.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join