It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump returns bust of Churchill to Oval Office

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Were Britain and Russia in retreat when those places were bombed?

No.

OK, lets have some justification for Hitler's bombing of Coventry (1940), the UK were hardly out of the starting blocks at this point of the war. Was it OK to level the city? because they were at the time, on the front foot.

Oh. My. God. I cannot believe I have to say this AGAIN.

GERMANY WERE IN RETREAT. THEY POSED NO MORE THREAT. How much more clearer does that need to be made?

Hitlers bombing Coventry sucked, and was equally wrong but BOTH sides were on the offensive at the time. There was simply NO tactical or military advantage to bombing Dresden when the Germans posed no more threat. It was nothing more than revenge, and civilians suffered the consequences.

I wouldn't have called the BEF on the offensive in 1939 / 1940 to be quite honest, just before Coventry got hit the BEF had been evacuated from Dunkirk

Hey Ho, its is what it is

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Schollars estimate Genghis Khan slaughtered upwards of 40 million people on his rampage westwards, you okay with that?
Stalin is thought to have murdered 20 million of his own people, known as Kulaks, you okay with that? under Pol Pot, one million people died, just because they were educated, okay with that?
Mao se dong allowed 20 million people die of starvation, even though America offered food, that's okay?
edit on 21-1-2017 by pikestaff because: the chinese famine.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by crazyewok removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I cant believe the people here. Germany leveled entire cities filled with civilians by the nazi's but now that trump puts a bust back in the oval office of a man who ordered a bombing on nazi germany who were responsible for leveling cities full of civilians not only in the netherlands but everywhere they invaded while sending millions of people that they grabbed from the streets and their house into gas chambers.

Now all of a sudden you are crying tears for Nazi germany?? Because trump puts a a bust of someone who fought nazi's back into the oval office?

Who is the nazi now ? You people are!

This city was completley leveled everything had to be rebuild after the war.

Now go cry me a river over nazi germany again who leveled entire cities threw millions in gas chambers and conducted horrific medical experiments and men woman and children...

And all because trump did this... now you are offended that he has a bust of the man that fought nazi's in his office??
You make me sick *barfs

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 21 Jan 2017 11:55:53 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

you are condemning FDR as well you know. Dresden and other minor city bombing is a joint operation. The US was fully behind it.

The faster Germany surrenders the less casualties sustained by both sides.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Which brings us back to the point of this thread. Churchill did stuff that was well into murky territory, and it kind of casts an ominous shadow over why Trump would replace him back into the White House and remove MLK Jr.

Tisk Tisk

#FakeNews: Media Falsely Reports Trump Removed MLK Bust From Oval Office

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Which brings us back to the point of this thread. Churchill did stuff that was well into murky territory, and it kind of casts an ominous shadow over why Trump would replace him back into the White House and remove MLK Jr.

Tisk Tisk

#FakeNews: Media Falsely Reports Trump Removed MLK Bust From Oval Office

Did you just suddenly forget that you authored the thread?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

no - its an observation of the hypocrisy you project

(post by everyone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: zosimov

a reply to: alldaylong

ONE death by government sanctioned firebombing is reprehensible, let alone thousands.

Who is a more admirable human being: Stalin, Hitler or John Wayne Gacy?

Evil is evil whether it be in response of horrific actions or not. Moral relativity is a dangerous game to play.

The actions sanctioned by Churchill where a response to a war instigated by Hitler.

Did you expect Churchill to standby and not respond ?

Maybe Britain should have been like The French, and just let The Nazi's walk in. You would have been happy with that i do believe.

Please inform us how bombing a civilian city gave Britains a tactical advantage over their enemy.

You could ask the same question of Nazi Germany.

London
Birmingham
Coventry
Sheffield
Liverpool
Cardiff
Manchester

The list goes on.

No, I'm asking you! No one is here defending the actions of the Nazis, but there are people on here defending the actions of Churchill. So I'll ask again:

How did bombing the civilians of Germany give Britian a tactical advantage?

Or was is done solely as revenge?

Britain was not prepared to sit back and let Hitler overrun Britain. Britain decided to hit back. War is tough don't you know.

Are you deliberately ignoring the bit where GERMANY WAS IN RETREAT WHEN DRESDEN WAS BOMBED.....?

I refuse to believe you are THAT thick, but I could be wrong.

Do you know something? Bad things happen in War.

Why did the Waffen SS kill almost every inhabitant of the French Village of Oradour-sur-Glane?

A village in rural France for God's Sake

www.oradour.info...

Come on get real with your simplistic ideas of war. Or are you not intelligent enough to.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You are presenting the logical fallacy of a false dilemma. I don't have to be a Nazi in order to find Churchill's actions of bombing a city full of citizens reprehensible. I don't believe that being born in Germany in the early 20th century was a criminal act worthy of death. You do?

There are truly good men/decent human beings who never made the decision to level a city who we could elevate to hero stature. But we don't because we can justify horrific actions through moral relativism.

Why Churchill in the Oval Office?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Here is a picture of Dresden, which was called the Florence of the North until it was devastated by a bombing campaign initiated and ordered by the "hero" Winston Churchill.

The Nazi's perfected the Blitzkrieg or "lightning warfare". Dresden is just an example of the Allies perfecting "total annihilation". The lesson to be learned here is don't expect the world to lay down while you try to conquer it. This was payback by the allies whether it was morally right or wrong is up to you to decide.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ok, so you clearly support the idea of killing civilians for absolutely no reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

you are condemning FDR as well you know. Dresden and other minor city bombing is a joint operation. The US was fully behind it.

The faster Germany surrenders the less casualties sustained by both sides.

Precisely!

(post by alldaylong removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

Quit the bickering!! This thread is not to rehash WWII...so stay on topic!!!
All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Sat Jan 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Enough!

The Political Trolling and Insults will stop right now!

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum.

Normal Terms and Conditions apply here.

If you can not post in a civilized manner with decorum and following our rules then do not post in this thread!

Ignoring this and continuing to do so will result in post removals and post bans handed out.

Do NOT reply to this post.

(post by everyone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 21/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join