It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reviewing The Obama Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Full disclosure, in both 2008 & 2012 after Ron Paul was defeated I wanted Obama to win because both times I thought he would be better than McCain and Romney. McCain was too much like Bush in policies, and Romney was a back stabbing weasel.

I had such high hopes for Obama, I honestly thought the health care thing would be better, but when your monthly premiums are higher than your mortgage payment that is an utter fail. I thought he would be a good peace negotiator as well, well nothing happened. He did nothing to earn his Nobel peace prize both before and after he got it.
Obama was likable and an excellent orator, but he sold "Hope & Change" with "Yes We Can".

How many would realistically and pragmatically say after 8 years "No We Didn't"

I was never against Obama I wanted him to succeed where Bush had failed, but honestly after 8 years Obama turned out to be an average President for solving things. And Obamacare might have been a good idea in theory, but because of the greedy nature of the medical industrial complex, it will continue to fail. I hope Trump can come up with something better.

This painting, sums up everything about America and Obama.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Obama was likable and an excellent orator, but he sold "Hope & Change" with "Yes We Can".

Hope and Change - Now means I HOPE I have enough CHANGE left over to buy something to eat
Yes we can - Now the rest of the story : Yes we can defeat and destroy America from within

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Even sitting in Moscow as a Russian citizen and looking back at Obama presidency (yes, I'm interested in American politics), I can say that he was basically a waste of time. It's funny how a President can't even speak without wearing an earphone listening to his prompter. Shame on him.

Putin is no better, to be honest, but in another regard. He has been ruling Russia for 16 years and basically did nothing for Russian PEOPLE. The saddest thing that there is no real opposition to his malicious regime. The remaining opponents are either in jail, killed or abroad looking to save their lives. All major Russian parties (Communist, Liberal, etc.) are puppets. Their leaders are all puppets of Putin's regime and no end can be seen to the depressed state, in which Russia actually is (don't listen to Russia Today too much, which may tell you otherwise).

Nothing significant has been done for 16 years. It's all the same. Looking back at 1945-1961 period to compare... the World War II ended in 1945 and 16 years later, literally out of ashes...the USSR launches the space mission to Venus...

I would love to leave this country for the US. I envy you (in a very good sense). I feel Donald J. Trump will make things right and you will truly live in an even greater country than it already is.
edit on 21-1-2017 by enjoylife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am a bit disappointed as well, however, I do believe he was set up to fail by the R's. He did get us out of the recession but the R's will take credit for it now that they're back in power.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He turn 2 wars in to 7 wars resulting millons to die.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

honestly after 8 years Obama turned out to be an average President for solving things

If that's true than how do you evaluate all the people claiming for 8 years that he's the worst thing in the world, and doing everything possible to attack and block him??

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I am a bit disappointed as well, however, I do believe he was set up to fail by the R's. He did get us out of the recession but the R's will take credit for it now that they're back in power.

a reply to: CB328

That is a fallacy

From the day he took office until January of 2011, both the House and Senate were in Democratic control, and for a time there, the Senate was in supermajority Democratic control, with 60 Senators caucusing with the Democrats.

Republicans won back the House in 2010 (and assumed control in January 2011), and won back Senate control in 2014 (assuming control in January 2015).

Why didn't he get stuff done then, he controlled all 3 ?
Only an empty suit could fail when you control all three.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Let me see Libya,Egypt arab spring,Isis,Syria,armed Saudi Arabia for Yemen,caused migration chaos that will see Europe collapse within a generation,infiltrated radical muslims into the military and intelligence services etc etc

Greatest Muslim since Tamerlane

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I was told for 8 years on this board that he was gonna take my guns.

Hmmm.... nope.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My take on the last 8 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I was told for 8 years on this board that he was gonna take my guns.

Hmmm.... nope.

He missed the chance in 2009 and 2010.

Congress changed in 2011.

Wheeew.

He did however do quite a few EOs and regulations.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He did however do quite a few EOs and regulations.

Nope

There was one EO regarding the type of ammo on federal land, but there were no other EOs than that.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Stefan Molyneux did an excellent podcast about this.

top topics

join