It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy American First!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Trump will fix that problem

I miss the good old days, when we had pride in the "Made in USA" labels.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Nyiah

Trump will fix that problem

I miss the good old days, when we had pride in the "Made in USA" labels.

I doubt American Apparel's coming back. Gildan was interested in acquiring the assets, not the keeping brand kickin'. Also, American Apparel is technically Canadian, NOT American. It was founded in Quebec, by a Canadian. Most people mistakenly think it was an American born & bred start-up success. It wasn't

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: rickymouse
I try to buy American made as much as possible. But what we think of as made in America is not always made in America. They need to revise the laws that govern this, if you stick a tag on something in America, it can be called assembled in America. If the parts are imported, and it is assembled here, it is made in America.

We have extremely strict rules on the down here in Oz. For an item to qualify as "Australian Made" it HAS to be, I believe, 100% Aussie made or the company using it can be fined and sued - and they do enforce it.

If we were to have those rules, not many things would be called American made. I learned twenty years ago already that Made in America could be a scam. I have tried to buy things made in America as much as possible, now it is almost impossible for most things.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join