It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy American First!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I thought you ppl were for globalization you should be fappin over this.

Clearly someone doesn't know as much about the "leftards" as he/she thinks they do.

edit on 21/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

originally posted by: Snarl
I get that this is the Mud Pit, but Gawd ... that has to be the most pathetic thread start I've seen from a seasoned member in years.

BrokedownChevy, I think you might be dehydrated (maybe an electrolyte imbalance?).

You selling BRONDO?

Yup. Canned liberal tears. LMAO

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I get that this is the Mud Pit, but Gawd ... that has to be the most pathetic thread start I've seen from a seasoned member in years.

BrokedownChevy, I think you might be dehydrated (maybe an electrolyte imbalance?).

You selling BRONDO?

"Water?

From the toilet?"

Get ready for the next 4 years of idiocracy jokes.

Or get triggered.......your choice.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Lughnasadh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wait a sec! I can get a New Era fitted wool hat that will last me a lifetime for $20 and Trump is selling an overpriced faux American product?

God damn it Trump. You are the worst.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You selling BRONDO?

Mr Blutosky! Zero...point...zero.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes but how can you tweet to "buy American, hire American" when he manufactures in China and other countries as well as looking to hire migrant workers?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Possibly because had he stayed completely in the US he wouldn't be successful enough to be where he is now. Which is the very thing he's trying to change.

We'll see what changes he makes, and what he does then. Oh wait, never mind we can't do that cause we made him give up his companies. Dammit now we can't in real time see him move his companies to the US.

Instead of making him give them up we coulda instead used his position and statements to make him with his companies put his money where his mouth is.

Too bad that's shot.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

He has not divested.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Except the future is in robotics and the machines will work the factory jobs. You will need a few technicians and maintenance folks. The money will be in white collar jobs - designers, engineers, computer programmers, robotics experts.

You might get a good job manufacturing the first level of robots but then they will just have robots do that.

Technology marches forward and we are in a new Industrial Era where we don't need cheap labor or men to manufacture products, we just need good white collar folks and some programmable and specific machines to do the work.

We are moving away from human labor.

So how is he going to get the $60,000 per year blue collar manufacturing jobs back?? Kill technology?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

keep up the false indignation and trump will be ensured a second term no matter what kind of job he does

The electorate will be watching Trump. He made some bigly promises.

But when DJT gives all the advantages to the corporations [notice his cabinet and advisers] and sticks it up the
American working mans ***, gas is over $5 a gal, and illegals are still here working for peanuts, yuggggeeee inflation,

Then you will be as indignant as everyone else to have been conned by one of the best lying POS America has ever produced.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I don't even see your point. You're just a raving fanatic who hasn't got a clue.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Trump said buy American....guess what?

www.rawstory.com...

Guess where Ivankas clothing and jewelry line is manufactured....

www.teenvogue.com...

The liar in Chief....

edit on 21-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not sure if you're joking around or really do not understand what he meant by that statement, figured it was obvious. He wants to bring back manufacturing to the USA so we can buy American...no hypocrisy, but sure live on in fantasy.

The official ones are made in the USA..
edit on 21-1-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What a phony hahahaha!!! God damn is Trump the worst leader ever to exist.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Trump contracts with a factory in Los Angeles to manufacture the hats.

If they were made elsewhere, then the factory is committing fraud.
(I have personal experience with a manufacture attempting to sell products as Made in the USA when they are not.)

If there were other hats sold, they might not have been official hats.
Knock-off vendors at events are also common.

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump says he won’t stand for it if it turns out some of his hats labeled “Made in USA” actually weren’t made entirely in the USA.

The baseball-style “Make America Great Again” hats are indeed stitched together at a small factory in the Los Angeles area. But in a small sample tested by The Associated Press and an outside expert, at least one did not contain the specific type of U.S.-made fabric the manufacturer insists is always used for the hats.

The true origin of the fabric in that hat remains a mystery — whether U.S. or foreign made. It shows how difficult and murky it can be to verify something is actually “Made in USA.”

Informed of AP’s findings, Trump said any misrepresentation would be unacceptable. He said: “I pay a good price for that hat. If it’s not made in the USA, we’ll bring a lawsuit.”

The factory’s owner, Brian Kennedy of Cali-Fame of Los Angeles Inc., said the two employees were wrong, but he refused to explain the fabric discrepancy. Federal law requires that items labeled “Made in USA” be made from materials “all or virtually all” from the United States.
“I’m not using imported materials,” Kennedy told the AP. “We’re playing by the rules.”

Even as the Trump campaign strives to provide Made in USA hats, unofficial knock-offs of Trump hats, made in China and not endorsed by Trump’s campaign, are widely available.

www.pbs.org...

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

edit on 1/21/17 by BlueAjah because: oops

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Guess where Trumps line of clothing accessories are manufactured?

www.cnn.com...

Wouodn't you have thought that a man pushing "buy American" would have shut down his factories off shore.

Of course his followers have the ability to only see what they want to see. Sad really, really really sad, believe me.

edit on 21-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
Or maybe it was supposed to be China or Vietnam. Can't remember. Either way Trump doesn't give a sht! Just do what you're told and don't ask questions.

mobile.reuters.com...

Buy American? Failing the test of honesty on day one. Yep. I'm out of this mess. I wash my hands.

This has been known for a considerable time, and to be fair Trumps own gear, (the hat that is) is, remarkably, made in the US.
However only a dipstick could make people stick a silly hat on their nap, and not figure out that many Amazon fans would be selling gear from China, the butt of Donald's criticism ad nauseum, once China started making the things To make money out of it

Come to think of it, what if the Viet and Chinese versions are much the same as the American one...Ooooh! Donald you're a very naughty boy! overpriced American ones, more affordable foreign ones, but still a deal of the dosh comes to daddy either way. Maybe not a dipstick that way then?
edit on 21-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

i would have voted for bernie

i am just sick of seeing the same problem handled differently strictly because of party

good luck with the movement bernie sold out when he bowed down to hillary at the convention
he showed he was much less principled than advertised

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Then you will be as indignant as everyone else to have been conned by one of the best lying POS America has ever produced

sorry charlie i wont be indignant at all

the bar is so low for trump it is impossible for him to dissapoint
he is not hillary
that was enough

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Buy American what? Even American Apparel sold out to a foreigner company (Canada's Gildan)

There aren't that many day to day consumer items I can think of that are 100% America-sourced and American-worker made.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join