It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don's speech broken down and fact checked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Interestingly the entitlement generation and the government thinks that having a job and still getting a welfare check to be able to make ends met is prosperity.

Statistically the jobs been created in the last 15 years or so look great for the employment rates but they are jobs that are not going to get people out of poverty and welfare, but because it looks good in the books they are hail as great

The government break down on what kind of jobs are created vs quality jobs is something you are not going to find in their statistics.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

75 consecutive months of job growth huh?

Source

edit on 21-1-2017 by watchitburn because: Added Link

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Interestingly the entitlement generation and the government thinks that having a job and still getting a welfare check to be able to make ends met is prosperity.

Statistically the jobs been created in the last 15 years or so look great for the employment rates but they are jobs that are not going to get people out of poverty and welfare, but because it looks good in the books they are hail as great

The government break down on what kind of jobs are created vs quality jobs is something you are not going to find in their statistics.

Hey Marge,

And also your alt-right peeps deny a wage increase in order for these workers to live a prosperous life with the hard work the poor put out.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I can pull a chart out of my as$ as well, but I'm not going to

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I can pull a chart out of my as$ as well, but I'm not going to

Good because it would be incomplete or forged in order to hide the truth. If you call BS then you need to back it up.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hey Marge,

And also your alt-right peeps deny a wage increase in order for these workers to live a prosperous life with the hard work the poor put out.

McDonald's isn't hard work. It's a part time job for highschool kids.

Raising the minimum wage is going to result in faster automation (read a less jobs) and inflation as businesses raise prices to offset artificially raised expenditures.

Which means your screwing the people who have put in the effort to learn useful skills by making all their effort worth no more than a burger flipper who's wondering why they are still working at Wendy's with tens of thousands of dollars in debt for student loans to get a useless liberal arts degree majoring in beyonce.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You are very well aware that wage increases are not in par with cost of living, you know simple economics.Now we do have a few states that are more prosperous than others in keeping the real unemployment rates low.

BTW I follow no political party and vote only for candidates that means I can support any candidate from any party in any given elections as I have no political party loyalties.

After all I have been voting since 1978.

So yes I am all for fixing the wage increases vs cost of living ratio, something that the rich in the nation can not contemplate because that will make the middle class a danger to the status quo.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hey Marge,

McDonald's isn't hard work. It's a part time job for highschool kids.

Raising the minimum wage is going to result in faster automation (read a less jobs) and inflation as businesses raise prices to offset artificially raised expenditures.

Which means your screwing the people who have put in the effort to learn useful skills by making all their effort worth no more than a burger flipper who's wondering why they are still working at Wendy's with tens of thousands of dollars in debt for student loans to get a useless liberal arts degree majoring in beyonce.

You are missing the whole point that its not JUST a part time job for HS students. Mothers, retired men and women, Men, Women, people of all types get jobs at McDonalds. My point being that each of these people deserve a wage to ensure they have the quality of life of an American, to take care of their families, to feed themselves, to not live paycheck to paycheck, to have a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs.

I understand if my way of thinking flies right over your head.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Lol don't ask me. I'm clueless when it comes to that techs stuff. I learned how to create a hyper-link back in 1992 And I see no reason to change things up now lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You are missing the point.

They are all trying to get jobs at McDonald's because the Clinton's, Bushes and Obama and it's the Congresses' fault too, let all our good jobs leave the country and lowered our quality of life.

You are focusing on a symptom and not on the illness.

But I understand how critical thinking flies right over your head.
edit on 21-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Actually you both just said the same thing.

The low wage jobs are "supplementary"!
They were never intended to be permanent ways of supporting yourself. Seniors take them because they NEED to supplement SSI. High Schoolers take them as a first exposure to the workplace, plus some cash.

Low wage jobs are supposed to be just a stepping stone, never as a way of life altho in our service economy many have had no choice.

and Veracity before you get on your "high horse" I've had good jobs, crappy jobs and taken fast food ones as well sometimes several at a time to make ends meet. Once manufacturing went bust everyone took what they could get.

Like Marg6043 I've seen our country and economy just nose dive. Judging by your responses you aren't old enough to have lived thru it so don't personally know the difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Actually you both just said the same thing.

The low wage jobs are "supplementary"!
They were never intended to be permanent ways of supporting yourself. Seniors take them because they NEED to supplement SSI. High Schoolers take them as a first exposure to the workplace, plus some cash.

Low wage jobs are supposed to be just a stepping stone, never as a way of life altho in our service economy many have had no choice.

and Veracity before you get on your "high horse" I've had good jobs, crappy jobs and taken fast food ones as well sometimes several at a time to make ends meet. Once manufacturing went bust everyone took what they could get.

Like Marg6043 I've seen our country and economy just nose dive. Judging by your responses you aren't old enough to have lived thru it so don't personally know the difference.

I never claimed to know everything and I certainly don't mean to come off on a "high horse".

Are we on a "raise the minimum wage" issue now?

Im not saying any of you are wrong, but to say a remark such as "jobs don't count if they cannot produce a quality of life" then say "raising minimum wage is not going to solve this" is quite contradictory.
edit on 21-1-2017 by veracity because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Raising the minimum wage won't help if it eliminates jobs.

Plus I never mentioned that aspect. Job creation is only good if it leads to REAL JOBS where you can make a living, pay your reasonable bills not having to supplement with social programs and food banks.

In many areas's of what's called "fly over country" because we stopped building infrastructure (roads) many companies HAVE to decline putting new facilities there since they have no reasonable way to get their product to market, or get raw supplies in to make a product. Our rail system is over burdened and also badly in need of maintenance.The alternative to roads.

Service jobs remained cause people gotta eat so pizza shops and Micky d's survived. Walmart swooped in cause people still need necessities. But other than that you are hard pressed to find other types of companies in the area. The kind that actually can pay a living wage.

Trump is actually correct in that our infrastructure needs revamped and upgraded because without it nothing else is going to happen. This country doesn't need millions of more low wage jobs, it needs paying jobs to grow our middle class again. It leads to more REAL disposable income to pour into the economy and not the crap of living off credit cards and loans.

Don't you want those low wage heads of household to have just one decent job?
I know I do!

Spinning the jobs numbers won't do it for them. Right now too many are running from one job to another with absolutely NO quality of life. I think we can do better, with better federal policies in place cutting the waste and making the federal government smaller. Larger just didn't work. We tried it, it sucked.

Time for something different. We really have nothing to lose.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Trump has carved out his own niche as a Nationalist populist and if you actually read the speech it is an accurate representation of the end of the Obama reign. Personally, I feel the speech was extremely patriotic and visionary, I think the political elite got the message but I'm a little disturbed by the number of Americans who have embraced the Globalist vision and have no true love for American core values:

"Today’s ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people. For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed. The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land. That all changes starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment. It belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America. This is your day. This is your celebration. And this, the United States of America, is your country. What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th, 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute
Trump has carved out his own niche as a Nationalist populist and if you actually read the speech it is an accurate representation of the end of the Obama reign. Personally, I feel the speech was extremely patriotic and visionary, I think the political elite got the message but I'm a little disturbed by the number of Americans who have embraced the Globalist vision and have no true love for American core values:

"Today’s ceremony, however, has a very special meaning because today we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people. For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have bore the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth. Politicians prospered but the jobs left and the factories closed. The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country. Their victories have not been your victories. Their triumphs have not been your triumphs. And while they celebrated in our nation’s capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land. That all changes starting right here and right now, because this moment is your moment. It belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America. This is your day. This is your celebration. And this, the United States of America, is your country. What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th, 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."

What are "American Core Values" to you?

Keep gays in the closet so children will not have to see it?
Stay married even if fighting all the time bc every child deserves a mommy and daddy living together?
Go to church and believe in the one and only god?
Don't ask questions, just do what you are told and believe in god?
White lives matter most?
Work for your healthcare even if that means working 2jobs?

Are any of those an example of your core values?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Hahaha @ you trying to reason with Trump supporters. A star for you, sir.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think you will find your answer to what "American Core Values" are in the first ten amendments to the Constitution......it would be the Bill of Rights

edit on 21-1-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I think you will find your answer to what "American Core Values" are in the first ten amendments to the Constitution......it would be the Bill of Rights

Can you please explain what 10 amendments or i guess AKA..."Family Values" have been taken away under Obama?

Also can you please explain to me how these 10 amendments are "Family Values"?

thank you

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Can you please explain what 10 amendments or i guess AKA..."Family Values" have been taken away under Obama?

Also can you please explain to me how these 10 amendments are "Family Values"?

thank you

I don't believe I ever stated Obama took away any of the Bill of Rights....I think he would have liked to if he could have. Obama did walk all over a few of the ten amendments and that should be evident if you are familiar with the document.

I believe that Trump is more of a Constitutionalist than Obama and that Trump believes in the rule of law and will be a better President for that reason alone. America needs to decentralize the nanny state, protect the borders and quite trying to cater to the lowest common denominator.....think participation trophies. I have no idea what you're talking about as far as "Family Values" are concerned, it never came up in the entire thread?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You made accusations that "Americans who have embraced the Globalist vision and have no true love for American core values"

I asked "What are American Core Values to you?"

You said the bill of rights.

then I asked "Can you please explain what 10 amendments or i guess AKA..."Family Values" have been taken away under Obama?

Also can you please explain to me how these 10 amendments are "Family Values"? "

and you have still not answered my questions.

edit: "under Obama" does not mean Obama himself, just what happened while he was president

edit on 22-1-2017 by veracity because: to add

<< 1  2    4 >>

join