It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don's speech broken down and fact checked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
www.factcheck.org...

sorry, i wanted to post a video bc i know that some people (as Don) do not read or do not like to read articles.

Basically, i want to put it out there that Don is going to harp and ride the train as long as he can of the accomplishments that Obama made.
edit on 21-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Peeks in..................................Hello? Anybody home?

huh

ETA -
So all we get is a quick copy and paste from factcheck?
edit on 21-1-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

Another ETA - Having had the same problem, I'd imagine that, right now you're not so worried about posting the article, as you are in seeing how far you can throw your computer.
edit on 21-1-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sounds about right.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

lol, sorry, the one i want to post from politico would not work. Im not so good with html and stuff. I ll try and find it

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Quality thread, haven't seen better on ATS in a while

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

He ran out of coffee. He'll be right back.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just dont and quit while youre ahead.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DAVID64

He ran out of coffee. He'll be right back.

that was true as well

I guess ATS does not allow embeds from Facebook?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Coffee!?! [ runs out to get mug ]

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If anyone can post the video that has what Don said then stops and inserts little fact checks (much easier for the masses to grasp), i will appreciate it very muchly.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ahem...
We are a nation in decline. We went from producing to a service industry and consumer economy. We're facing a critical shortage in the Trades Industry, billions of dollars in failing infrastructure and dumbed down curriculum in schools across the board to just name a few.

Calling a spade a spade isn't a weakness, it's a strength in addressing the problem.
Fake rah-rahing serves no one.

Our military is facing critical maintenance issues, our Veterans need an over haul of the VA, and our health care for profit system is abysmal.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Ahem...
We are a nation in decline. We went from producing to a service industry and consumer economy. We're facing a critical shortage in the Trades Industry, billions of dollars in failing infrastructure and dumbed down curriculum in schools across the board to just name a few.

Calling a spade a spade isn't a weakness, it's a strength in addressing the problem.
Fake rah-rahing serves no one.

Our military is facing critical maintenance issues, our Veterans need an over haul of the VA, and our health care for profit system is abysmal.

there may be some truth to what you say, however, facts prove we are NOT a nation in decline. The idiocracy will refuse to see our first black president as a success so I do not expect people like yourself to grasp and understand. Its a psychological issue.
edit on 21-1-2017 by veracity because: psychological issues

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

There are facts and then there are facts!

Example: What is the difference between a $15.00 an hour Mcjob at a call center with no benefits compared to a manufacturing job at $60.00 an hour with benefits!

Both are "jobs" but one allows you to live with dignity and support your family, the other allows you to get a second job so you can pay the rent.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Peeks in..................................Hello? Anybody home?

huh

ETA -
So all we get is a quick copy and paste from factcheck?

Another ETA - Having had the same problem, I'd imagine that, right now you're not so worried about posting the article, as you are in seeing how far you can throw your computer.

good to know others have had the same problem, its for the best...alot of fake news comes from there. I hope that when the video circulates out of Facebook I will be able to post it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Oh I understand, I just don't agree with that accessment.

Did a little digging into FactCheck and altho I thought it was just another think-tank I was wrong. It's a site funded by The Annenburg Foundation. Initially a conservative group since Walter Annenburg died has taken a nasty swing to the Liberal side.

www.matchdoctor.com...

Additionally everything I stated IS a decline, just not admitted by pundits. Our current liabilities and global debts greatly overshadow our hard assets. The Federal Reserve has played some wicked games putting us in a bind.

What Obama supporters think is of ZERO concern to me since he had 8 years to dig in and fix things and didn't. Altho I will also blame Congress for stonewalling him to a degree. Trump has a republican congress and less impediment to getting things accomplished.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Most of the crap coming out of those Fact check sites can't be trusted. Sure they give accepted evidence but it is cherrypicked to show what they want it to show. A thing to remember about these places, the beliefs of the authors determines what kind of evidence they research.

If you are going to believe our twisted government evidence that shows we have gotten better in this country with Obama, you have to look at all the evidence. You have to look at all of the parameters. I didn't think Obama did real bad with the mess he inherited but he was not doing much to correctly fix the problem. It takes real courage to fix a problem right and a strong will. It definitely takes an alpha personality tied to going in the right direction.

The fact checker info that was on that site is severely flawed if you look at the whole picture. If I were to grade Obama, I would give him a b-, He did have the Republicans trying to stop him and they didn't need to. Obamacare was not the right solution, it was a start though, but not in the right direction.

Another thing about the fact checking places, who funds the people is something to be considered. Who has influence over these people is also relevant. Interpretation of evidence is also personal, based on your beliefs, knowledge you hold, what you consider as necessary, and where you live. People around here believe global warming would be the greatest thing in the world, maybe we would actually get a real summer.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Oh I understand, I just don't agree with that accessment.

Did a little digging into FactCheck and altho I thought it was just another think-tank I was wrong. It's a site funded by The Annenburg Foundation. Initially a conservative group since Walter Annenburg died has taken a nasty swing to the Liberal side.

www.matchdoctor.com...

You seem smart, like a lil fact checker yourself. That means it doesn't matter if its served through the lens of a leftie or righty...facts are facts..right?

However, when a person starts to only watch one news source (FOX) bc they say all the other ones are biased...it basically just means that said person does not want to accept the facts.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Awwe man, i at least give him an A-

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
For the record I have NEVER watched Fox anything.

I also am not politically aligned with any party either. I'm an independent.
Eight years ago I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt same as most, and am doing the same with Trump. Altho time consuming I read the legislation passed and make my own mind up about it.

Please stop "assuming" cause so far you are getting things 100% wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

For the record I have NEVER watched Fox anything.

I also am not politically aligned with any party either. I'm an independent.
Eight years ago I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt same as most, and am doing the same with Trump. Altho time consuming I read the legislation passed and make my own mind up about it.

Please stop "assuming" cause so far you are getting things 100% wrong.

sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join