It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC One - Spy In the Wild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I saw a commercial about a new series on BBC One, about a spy camera in the wild. One of my favorite research topics is zoology. Problem was BBC One is strictly for the UK population, but since im a Scandinavian, I, wont take no for an answer about research and educational material done in the wild ( Cultural Educational Policies ). So with a few tricks, i streamed it from BBC One and it was so, lovely. To be able to watch Animals in their natural surroundings without any humans nearby. I saw the second episode, yesterday. No David Attenborough philosophical narrative about an animal kingdom that exist in story books that transcends humans into something else.

edit on 2017121 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's a fantastic series so far. As you say being able to get so close to the animals in their natural setting is fantastic.

Well done on being able to stream it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Scandinavian approach;" Hello, we noticed you have research material that is interesting, can we take a look? "

First response;" NO! " Scandinavian reply;" Hello, we noticed you have research material that is interesting, can we take a look? "

Second response;" Didnt they listen? No!! "

Scandinavian reply;" Hello, we want to see the research material you have, please. "

Third reply;" Are you stupid, dont you understand a, NO!? "

Scandinavian reply;" Hello, we have the research material, excellent work! Thank you for the contribution!"

Fourth reply;" wtf............... I, how? "

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It' an interesting concept and programme.

Thing is you had a camera crew filming the "robots" filming the wildlife. Seems to me that you could have saved money and dispensed with the robots and just done another wildlife documentary.

Am I getting a bit cynical about these things?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Most of us are autonomous robots, if you place something that looks and mimics the behavior of another specie will it accept it as their own kind or will they see it as a threat? The turtle tried to bonk a robot and the wild dogs adopted the robot. It showed a primate adopting a kitten and empathy, it showed that prairie dogs are capable of love and It showed Lemurs grieving a robot.

Everything we do, as a culture had its roots somewhere, its not instinctual, or the feral children would act as normal when they were found, yet the feral children showed what we truly are, without any morals, dogma or ethical codes.

Im interested in the normal interaction between species, not five years of material which you can edit into a lovely award winning nature program, which has nothing really to do with nature or the animal kingdom. It becomes a lovely scenery with storytelling and a great narrative.

I dont think you are a cynic, i just think you believe humans are "unique" and separated from the animal kingdom.

new topics

top topics

join