It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Diplomatic and Gastronomic Blunders Highlights World Economic Forum Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems nothing went right in a diplomatic dinner at the World Economic Forum designed to promote dialog between Iran and the United States. First a comic strip artist was withdrawn from the panel due to the seriousness to the meetings, then the featured guest, U.S. Senator Joe Biden, was one hour late, Then, wine was served and then withdrawn because it offended the Muslin guests and speakers,. As the debacle unfolded, non-hallal meat was to be served which was against dietary restrictions of some guests, soup spoons were taken away, only to be returned later. In addition, when Biden arrived, she was in form hugging leather pants with bare arms and to top it off the staff for resons only they know opened the windows and sent a blast of icy air through the hall.

www.cnn.com
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) -- A World Economic Forum dinner designed to promote dialog between Iran and the United States began with a comic strip series of diplomatic and gastronomic blunders, and ended with a sharp exchange over nuclear weapons.

With Iran's vice-president and foreign minister in the room, the organizers of the dinner on Friday night began by announcing they had dis-invited Swiss cartoonist Patrick Chappatte, one of the listed panelists, because the issues were too serious.

The star guest, U.S. Senator Joe Biden, ranking Democrat on the Senate foreign relations committee, was missing. The organizers kept saying he was on his way.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Boy talk about a dinner gone bad. Also, Id like to see the comments about Bidens wife's attire sine so many were critical of Dick Cheney's jacket at ceremonies yesterday. I mean she went to this event dressed like she was going clubbing in Vegas.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Then, wine was served and then withdrawn because it offended the Muslin guests and speakers

Strange that they should be offended since Iran has a healthy and large wine growing region.
[quoet]non-hallal meat was to be served which was against dietary restrictions of some guests
Served to the Muslims? Thats pretty stupid, might as well give orthodox jews cheeseburgers and porkchops with a shrimp cokctail appetizer.

edit [error]

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, FredT! It's good to have a little comic relief from time to time. It seems like so much we read these days is so divisive and threatening, it's good to know life still has a light side.

I like Joe Biden. He seems like a straight shooter to me. I hope he can make a difference in the US/Iran mess. That's one nightmare I hope we can avoid. It would be a very big mistake, IMHO, if we begin a military campaign there.

Be that as it may, the important thing here is Biden's wife, and just how tight was that sexy little leather number she had on? And, with that come hither, "barely there" top she fashioned, it naturally beckons the question, why leather pants, and not a skin-tight latex micro-miniskirt? It would have had much more political impact.

Well, leave the politics to the politicians, I guess. What do I know? One thing's for sure, though, if you've got fat thighs it's best to wear pants ...

join