It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump Can Skip the HONEYMOON with Democrats and the MSM.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: pale5218

Enlighten me, why would I fear to step outside?

What denial are you talking about.

Because you cannot see reality. Donald Trump is now President of the United States. If there is a terrorist attack against Americans, he is now responsible. Either he failed to stop it or he secretly planned it. If you have to pay more for using public lands, it is because of his policies. If the stock market crashes, it will be because he failed to regulate it properly. If American soldiers die overseas, it is because he is Commander in Chief. When Muslims accuse America of waging genocidal Holy War, he will be leading it. When our allies accuse America of secretly funding terrorists or overturning "legitimate" governments, he will be the mastermind behind it. Get it? It's one thing to spout conspiracy theories about the government as a private citizen, something completely different when you are the government. Donald Trump is now the government. Deal with it.

I feel the hate with you too, you just keep venting.

Read my post again and don't inject your ideology into what you read because I think your thoughts are clouded with the same type resentment.
I have no more concern about the issues you raised more than with any elected President. This is a grandstanding moment for many who feel slighted by the failure of there desired election results.

This post seems like YOU are afraid to do outside and you want others to empathize with you. Take a deep breath, you want to stay inside, you do that. I will continue to live my life without FEAR.

And today, I might just go outside!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

No hatred. Donald Trump is now Target In Chief. His supporters need to be reminded of this fact. I'm off to brunch, myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No hatred. Donald Trump is now Target In Chief. His supporters need to be reminded of this fact. I'm off to brunch, myself.

Don't choke.

It will be Obama's fault for the next 8 yrs anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is some spectacularly bad legislation on the books here in the US and Trump digging in to do something about it is a welcome change from everyone who just shrugged and ignored it.

Just like during every other presidency EVER in the history of this country not everyone is going to like everything coming out of DC. It's par for the course and so what? All the wingeing and hand wringing is ridiculous. If you truly have issues take them to your Congressman and Representatives.

It's what grown-ups do.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well, the "it doesn't matter who is President" phase is officially over I see.

It will always be better for a team, a company, a state, or a nation to have a leader with whom "the buck stops". America has lacked that for the last eight years. Through the last Presidents refusal to accept responsibility, the medias refusal to cover/research/investigate, and partisan demagoguery we, as a nation, have been rudderless.

Legislative fights the Executive, Executive fights the Judicial in a battle to gain popular support and twitter followers rather than actual substantive arguments for their cause. Checks and balances are not meant to be Sunday morning spots or twitter wars, Ginsburg, Schumer, Rice, and even Trump should know better.

President Trump will have no opportunity to hide in his office during his administration. Unlike Obama he does not have the media collusion to depend on. He has gone directly to the people for support. He now must provide evidence of action to maintain that support.

One of two things will happen:
1- He will expose everyone that goes against him on twitter (lobbying money, finances, contacts, income)
2 - His twitter will be shut down

See if I'm lying.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's not going to reduce your taxes. He's reducing taxes on the one percent so they can get even richer. He's reducing taxes on corporations so he makes more money .
You will be seeing a tax increase.
State and federal.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"The Lunatic Fringe and Twilight's Last Gleaming" - Red Rider

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Whatever all you post now is vitriolic hatred of Donald Trump, sometimes sprinkled in with your trademark ethnic hatred of the Russian people.

You were even ranting that there was a conspiracy on ATS not to discuss Russia because one of your threads didn't get the participation you liked not too long ago.

"Not hate" yeah sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I don't see Trump caving to the left. His was a hard-won victory.

Time for the left to: take a knee; acknowledge The Don kicked their best efforts to the curb; sideline everyone who had a major role in their LOSS; and truly reflect on how the party might endear themselves to folks with no desire to wallow in government sponsored programs.

Think about it ... The Don was submarined at every opportunity by the left and smacked down at every opportunity by the Neo-Cons ...

... and he still pulled off the win ... at 70 frikkin' years old no less.

I don't want to say I'm overly optimistic about what he can accomplish, but I did like what he said about politicians who whine about the way things are and never fix the problems. And ... I know we would have been far worse off with another Clinton at the Helm.

I am looking far far ahead on this one. Can you see Pence stepping up to the podium the day Trump sails off into the sunset?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It seems like a lot of liberals think that unity means Trump doing what they say. That is the only way they will 'unify'.

The uncomfortable truth for liberals is that it is not Trump's responsibility at all to make them feel good or do what they want. The onus is on liberals to unify behind the President, elected to carry out specific actions. If they don't want to unify that is fine, let them cry. Their hateful ideology is not wanted.

edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
They said same about Bush. It's just their go to excuse for not extending the same respect they expect.

You want to use bush as a example of a good president?

Half the USA problems stem from that lunatic.....

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think Donald Trump is just trying to do what he can, without tying up Congress. President Obama did this by appointing "CZARS" and through Executive Orders.

So far, President Trump is doing what the people who put him in office, hired him to do. There will be tons of whiners all over the place, but that's expected. Donald knows how to work with THE RIGHT PEOPLE to get things done.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The only time the leftists use the word compromise is when they have lost.

When they have won, it's never about compromise. Then, they call it a "mandate".

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The only time the leftists use the word compromise is when they have lost.

When they have won, it's never about compromise. Then, they call it a "mandate".

Oh, how true.
A thousand stars if I could.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Is that all you have? Corny one-liners? I just delivered the reality and your response to my deliverance of reality is the assumption that I am on drugs?

Talk is talk, time for baby Donald to walk. He spoke big; he made big claims and promises, now let's see him pull through like the ALPHA male you all claim him to be.

I don't want to hear your nonsensical one liners and cries about how we can't get over it. Election is over. INauguration is over. Your candidate is a man who cares about America? Let's see him get to work then.

Let's see results? He's a masterful business man and negotiator, let's see him negotiate with businesses and countries to increase America's independence.

All the talk is done. Let's see him deliver. Oh wait, he's too busy complaining at CIA conferences about the lying media, instead of talking about... you know, the country's future.

It's time for Donald to put up, and until he does, supporters, it's alright for you to release his scrotum every once and a while. At least let him do something noteworthy before you grasp it with the strength of a Olympic deadlifter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join