It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump Can Skip the HONEYMOON with Democrats and the MSM.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
January 21, 2017

I'm reading and hearing pundits say that Donald Trump's "Honeymoon" was short-lived. Or, that he never had a "honeymoon". Or, that it's up to him how long his "honeymoon" with the Democrats, or the News Media, lasts.

Donald Trump was elected by the vast majority of the states to GET SPECIFIC THINGS DONE. The things that he promised on the campaign trail and during the debates.

To me, a Presidential honeymoon means to work in concert with someone to achieve a common goal. Most of the Mainstream Media was for Hillary Clinton, and are still Anti-Trump. What goals do President Trump and the MSM share? Very few, in my opinion.

Comments from Democratic leaders after Donald Trump was sworn in as President today, were all about Trump "Working With Them" to end divisiveness and promote unity in this country.

If Donald Trump and Democrats softened their respective stances, and met in the middle on most issues, would that help "heal" our divided nation?

From a Presidential history standpoint, is it IMPORTANT that Donald Trump compromise on many of his promises, in order to satisfy Americans who voted for popular-vote winner, Hillary Clinton, in order to "bring our country together"?

Personally, I think that President Trump should work with Congress to enact most of his job creation and income-tax reduction strategies, ASAP. Doing so will help all Americans improve our standard of living, which would bring the healing and unity. This strategy will make most Democrats and the Liberal MSM feel angry and slighted, but in the end, America will be even greater. And it will have been accomplished the way Donald Trump promised, without any watering down, or slowing down, by significant compromises.

-CareWeMust

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Trump was elected to
1) Bring back good jobs to the USA
2) Halt illegal immigration
3)Stop putting the 3rd world above the welfare of the USA
4)scrap/reform Obama care
5)halt USA impending conflict with russia

He should not compromise one iota on those 5 points or he will be as bad as every other president.

Other areas sure compromise as that is life.
edit on 21-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

TPP is already off the table, NAFTA is next on the chopping block, if we can't get our trade deals reworked that is..and it's only inauguration day. So far so good in my book.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What the crazyewok said .
Stuff the media theyre irrelevant .

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
For some reason I think he is going to run through them the way he ran through this election. He has a way of getting things done. The election proved that. Yes I know that politics is different from an election, but you have be pretty damn good at politics to win that many electoral votes. Just like he stated in his Inaugural Address. This is not a change of power from one administration to another. Not even from one party to another, but from the government back to the people.

He even asked the crowd if he should quit twitter. The answer was no. I think we may be witness to the most transparent administration we have seen in a long, long, long time. I think Trump will involve the people that got him elected, in certain situations, to include their input.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

OKay stop the speculating, all you Trump supporters shut your mouths. Your boy is in office. You hyped him up for months, now lets see Mr. 'Get # done' produce.

He called John Lewis, the civil rights activist who marched and got his head cracked in, 'all talk and no action'. Let's see how much action he does. He has been talking all two years. His supporters have been doubling down on his 'talking' these two years.

Hilary is gone. Barack is now irrelevant. Jan 21 marks his presidency and now, he is responsible for America. Let's see what he does.

And now, every mistake he makes from now, I hope you supporters hold him accountable. Because if you don't I will hold you accountable for allowing your candidate to run amuck. I, and many others I am sure, will make it their mission to remind you as well.

Donald wrote a big check, let's see if his billion dollar mouth can cash it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

TPP is already off the table,

Thank the Lord above for that.

TPP was one nasty, asinine covert sneaky piece of legislation designed to take power away both people and governments and give it to corporations.

I mean whoever heard of a trade agreement having clauses where the government of the land could be sued for having too many safety laws? (That was one of the many absolutely HORRIBLE things in that agreement)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
They said same about Bush. It's just their go to excuse for not extending the same respect they expect.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't know why he would want to have a honeymoon with the presstitutes. It sounds like a sure way to catch something nasty.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Trump was elected to
1) Bring back good jobs to the USA
2) Halt illegal immigration
3)Stop putting the 3rd world above the welfare of the USA
4)scrap/reform Obama care
5)halt USA impending conflict with russia

He should not compromise one iota on those 5 points or he will be as bad as every other president.

And if he doesn't compromise and fails? What if we go to war with China instead of Russia? What if he starts a trade war that reduces American exports? How long does he have to make good on his promises? Four years? Eight? Never?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

In all possible scenarios within the multiverse Trump wins a flawless victory. Stop worrying already.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirReadsAlot

In all possible scenarios within the multiverse Trump wins a flawless victory. Stop worrying already.

Statistics and probability suggest that we are living in the only universe where he won.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

For Donald Trump to do accomplish anything, he has to work with congress. It's the way our system of government is set-up. Sometime I wonder if he understands the balance of power in government. I think he thinks he can rule like a dictator. He won't be able to get much done if he continues to insult the same people he has to work with to pass legislation.

I can understand his insults, I sure don't have a soft spot for self-serving and corrupt politicians. He needed to be a snake in the grass and come across all warm and fuzzy with politicians and than strike when they least expect it. I think he blew that, because he already alienated a lot of democrats and some republicans. He's going to have to use a lot of magic or executive orders to get anything done.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Then it is the best timeline and you should praise Kek for the privilege of living in this timeline.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

OKay stop the speculating, all you Trump supporters shut your mouths. Your boy is in office. You hyped him up for months, now lets see Mr. 'Get # done' produce.

He called John Lewis, the civil rights activist who marched and got his head cracked in, 'all talk and no action'. Let's see how much action he does. He has been talking all two years. His supporters have been doubling down on his 'talking' these two years.

Hilary is gone. Barack is now irrelevant. Jan 21 marks his presidency and now, he is responsible for America. Let's see what he does.

And now, every mistake he makes from now, I hope you supporters hold him accountable. Because if you don't I will hold you accountable for allowing your candidate to run amuck. I, and many others I am sure, will make it their mission to remind you as well.

Donald wrote a big check, let's see if his billion dollar mouth can cash it.

If you're going to carry this resentment for 4 years or more, you might want to up your meds cuz you're going to stroke out.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirReadsAlot

Then it is the best timeline and you should praise Kek for the privilege of living in this timeline.

Let's give the President a chance to prove himself. Issuing a "decree" that September 11 will be a National Day of Patriotism solves nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

If you're going to carry this resentment for 4 years or more, you might want to up your meds cuz you're going to stroke out.

And if you are going to maintain this state of denial for the next four years you had best never set foot outside.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And if you are going to maintain this state of denial for the next four years you had best never set foot outside.

Enlighten me, why would I fear to step outside?

What denial are you talking about. Are you saying that the statements in that post does not reflect resentment because when it opens up with

originally posted by: FelisOrion

I feel the hate, just saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Enlighten me, why would I fear to step outside?

What denial are you talking about.

Because you cannot see reality. Donald Trump is now President of the United States. If there is a terrorist attack against Americans, he is now responsible. Either he failed to stop it or he secretly planned it. If you have to pay more for using public lands, it is because of his policies. If the stock market crashes, it will be because he failed to regulate it properly. If American soldiers die overseas, it is because he is Commander in Chief. When Muslims accuse America of waging genocidal Holy War, he will be leading it. When our allies accuse America of secretly funding terrorists or overturning "legitimate" governments, he will be the mastermind behind it. Get it? It's one thing to spout conspiracy theories about the government as a private citizen, something completely different when you are the government. Donald Trump is now the government. Deal with it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join