It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Park Service is Banned From Tweeting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Pro-tip #1: I didn't vote for Trump. Third party, thanks.

Pro-tip #2: "my America" is also yours, unless you're moving out?

Pro-tip #3: using more blanket statements to defend using blanket statements is sort of a giant fail. It's not my fault you can't put together any actual argument other than self-congratulatory hand-washing, name calling, and wildly inaccurate generalizations.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's good to see Trump being concerned on day one with important issues facing the country. Oops, I forget that priority for Trump is making sure that any words related to him are awesome.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You see, that's what has been wrong for a long time now.

People thinking that it's okay for different branches and departments of the government to side with political parties.

There is a VERY good reason why that is not allowed. Ever.

Individuals in those branches and departments most certainly can have an opinion or be on a "side". Just like when I was in the US Navy, I could vote for whomever I desired.

What I was NOT allowed to do was to put on my uniform and go to some political rally, or claim that I represented the US Navy (which wearing the uniform to something like that is considered an endorsement).

We have rules for this. Those branches and departments are not suppose to be dictated by political parties. When they do it....it causes problems. Big problems.

IRS anyone?

What happens if the entire DoD decides, that's it, we're going to play partisan politics, and we hate all Democrats. New orders: Next election cycle, tanks and troops will be stationed at all polling stations. There will be two exits at those polling stations. One exit for those that voted the right way. Another for those that voted the wrong way.....to be taken away some place for "re-education".

This is really simple. Something that all of you should of learned about in any high school civics class. You do not allow your department or branch to do this. Employees can do it on their own time, own personal ways, that's their first amendment right. But they may not use that department or branch to also do that.

Still don't think it's a problem? More proof: Take a look at Congress, the Senate and......SCOTUS....where partisan politics are in play all the time.....and tell me what a good job that's been for us.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join