It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Park Service is Banned From Tweeting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Twitter offers the facility to delete tweets. That could have been used.
The link in the OP offers an apparent screenshot.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The employees are completely allowed to go tweet anti-trump stuff at home, during their own time, on their own computers on their individual personal twitter accounts.

What they are not allowed to do is use the government computer and government twitter account to do so.

No one's rights are violated.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

No, not exactly the same. YOU would be banned, everyone else would be able to carry on like normal.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MysticPearl
He's not silencing voices, if true, his administration is silencing a government agency's twitter account from posting partisan, anti-presidential material.

And?

How is that not silencing someone's opinion? The party line is the only line now?

LOL ... you are 'special' aren't you?

The government doesn't have a 'party' line. Problem was, it did under 0bozo.

Trump should make an example of the Nazipark Service. Put a died-in-the-wool conservative at the helm and order that administrator to delete 90% of the staff. That'd teach every government employee a valuable lesson. Keep your opinions to yourself if you're living off the Taxpayer's dime.

These were the asshats who closed down the memorials in Washington and didn't have the balls to stand their ground when vets marched up and re-opened them. Just an agency that needs a VERY thorough housecleaning.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes: Normal.

Official channels have NEVER been allowed for personal opinions, and government branches have NEVER been allowed to do the same thing.

They serve the Office of that branch, not the person. Do it, and you will get your butt canned.

Having been in the military, I can tell you all about it Kali, and exactly what you're allowed to do and what you are allowed to not do, same with the branches of the government.

Now: show me where the people of the NPS were told they can not use their personal social channels to express their opinions.

I'll wait.

edit on 1/21/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/2017 by eriktheawful because: had to add "it", because I can tell Kali all about "it", but I can't say all about Kali - except she has liberal views and contributes a lot to ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

My husband works in the government, since he retired from the military he was advised to stay away from any social media, the reason, first security as he needs a security clearance, second that anything he say in public media can be assessed when he is going for review of clearance yearly.

For that reason we, don't use any media like Facebook, tweeter or else.

In order for me to post here I keep and account completely separated from my husband.

This goes for the private sector too is common sense when is work related.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Not necessarily if an Internal Affairs Investigation is under way, no risk for compromise that way!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You misunderstand what I'm saying.

Totally fine if the person responsible for the tweet gets in trouble or is fired. Banning the entire Dept. of the Interior from using their govt Twitter accounts is similar to shutting down ATS because YOU posted things you shouldn't have.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Stopping a department from using something until the person who used it is taken care of and the other employees are made to understand that they can not do that is: Normal.

If you go back and look: they said to not removed the accounts, etc, etc, etc. Just to stop using it for now.

Nothing wrong with that. If one person does it, as a leader or a manager I would have to question if the people there understand what the rules and policies are.

Once it's made sure that everyone there understands that, then the ban can be lifted.

This is no different than grounding planes because of a potential problem, recalling cars because of a potential problem, or restricting the use of something because of ignorance on a policy, or workers not following that policy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Rules on Political Activites by Federal Employees
Prohibited Political Activities

You may not:
Engage in any political activity, even while off duty:
In a government office or building, including while using a personal device
In any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by a U.S. Government official
Using government computers, laptops, phones, blackberries, and other resources

www.afsa.org...

The employee was clearly in violation of those particular rules.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love that the lefties keep using Obama's historic "first black President" inauguration as the measuring stick for Trump's inauguration numbers.

They don't want to compare anything other than the first black President's numbers, as they'd have to accept that Trump's numbers were about on par for pretty much everybody else since Johnson.

As for the twitter account: generally speaking when you use an official work account to mock the guy that runs your work, action is taken.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So let me get this straight,

When Donald Tweets as the RNC Presidential elect his opinions, that's not the 'Government' wasting time,

But when the Parks Tweet, on what you people can't prove to be anymore than a 'Government' handle, and could easily be tweeting at home on their own property with their own devices at their leisure, it's a 'waste of Government time and resources'.

People should be allowed to display what they are affiliates of. It's not uncommon for single Twitter accounts to be shared by entire businesses.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

The President-elect isn't a government employee so....no, he's not wasting the government's time. He's a private citizen, whether a candidate, nominee, or President-elect up until the moment he completes the Oath of Office.

When an employee uses an official Twitter account to criticize and mock the boss, yes it's a waste of the company (in this case, the government) resources and time. Doesn't really matter if you're sitting in a recliner at home wearing pajamas, official social media is official social media.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Remember when people having government positions said horrible things about Obama and got fired?

What they said was horrible but on a private account, not the governments.

No, care to show us?

What about GOP staffer Elizabeth Lauten who lashed out at Obamas daughters? Although she resigned it's obvious they made her leave.

"Dear Sasha and Malia, I get your [sic] both in those awful teen years but you're a part of the First Family. Try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again, your mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the 'good role model' department."

Selective memory comes to mind.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Even the NPS hates Trump. Lol. Ouch. All the people who work there are super nice people. They really are. Always there to help people and our national parks are among the best in the world. Fck Trump. He's the worst already.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I think you just won an award for most blanket statements in one comment on ATS.

All of NPS hate trump. They're all nice people. Always there to help. Best in the world. Trump is already the worst ever.

Lulz.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
They don't want to compare anything other than the first black President's numbers

If one were to consider 'the numbers' from the perspective that Trump has X quantity of die-hard haterz, one would begin to get a picture of how profound his numbers actually are.

0bozo's numbers consisted of a large percentage of deluded people who couldn't believe a black guy was actually elected. They were so deluded they couldn't believe they couldn't get a lying female snake wearing a pant-suit into office. (checks to make sure this post is being flung into the Mud Pit).

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I think you just won an award for most blanket statements in one comment on ATS.

All of NPS hate trump. They're all nice people. Always there to help. Best in the world. Trump is already the worst ever.

Lulz.

Yep. The worst. I didn't vote because I wasn't sure on either of them. I sat back and waited. I listened to everything everyone here had to say and I gotta admit...I am not with this crowd in ATS. I'm with the women out in the streets. All my teachers from k-8 were all women. Sorry, but women have proven to be the better sex in this fight. I'm ashamed at some of the things I've read here. Full of creeps.

Enjoy your America. I'm definitely going to be there on the next one against Trump and will be sticking with my friends and family as we continue to resist those who put billionaires in positions of power and put our environment at risk. Many of us non voters feel the same.

It's not my fault you failed at making a coherent argument and are a rabid band of misogynists and nihilists.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am begging anyone here who thinks that it is alright for NPS to do this to get onto their companies official twitter account and start posting mean things about Obama or Trump or better yet their boss. See what happens. I believe you are dumb enough to do it.

Twitter is not vital communication. NPS officials made this obvious with their tweets

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MysticPearl
He's not silencing voices, if true, his administration is silencing a government agency's twitter account from posting partisan, anti-presidential material.

And?

How is that not silencing someone's opinion? The party line is the only line now?

Because he is their boss now.
Please don't tell me you expect to keep your job if you said disrespectful things about your boss on twitter?
At some point people must be held accountable for their actions...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join