It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Park Service is Banned From Tweeting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Silencing of speech? Or something else? You be the judge.

The National Park service retweeted some sick Donald Trump burns, noting how, uh, lightly attended his inauguration was compared to Barack Obama’s in 2009. But now, the NPS has been ordered by its Washington support office to “immediately cease use of government Twitter accounts until further notice,” according to an internal email obtained by Gizmodo.

Here’s the email sent to National Park employees earlier today:

All:

We have received direction from the Department through [the Washington Support Office] that directs all [Department of Interior] bureaus to immediately cease use of government Twitter accounts until further notice.

PWR parks that use Twitter as part of their crisis communications plans need to alter their contingency plans to accommodate this requirement. Please ensure all scheduled posts are deleted and automated cross-platform social media connections to your twitter accounts are severed. The expectation is that there will be absolutely no posts to Twitter.

In summary, this Twitter stand down means we will cease use of Twitter immediately. However, there is no need to suspend or delete government accounts until directed.

This does not affect use of other approved social media platforms. We expect further guidance to come next week and we will share accordingly.

Thanks for your help!

gizmodo.com...

So, should the administration order dissenting voices in government to be silenced? Or maybe try to step in and unify people? I'd prefer the latter, but that doesn't seem to be the order of the day. They did criticize Trump, but is that grounds for banning their twitter account?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
They did criticize Trump, but is that grounds for banning their twitter account?

Of course it is, Trump is a very special snowflake, no one is allowed to critisise him, as he has very thin skin!

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He's not silencing voices, if true, his administration is silencing a government agency's twitter account from posting partisan, anti-presidential material.

And?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Not even I can defend the god emperor on this one. Twitter is a human right and trolling and # posting are protected by the constitution... probably.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
He's not silencing voices, if true, his administration is silencing a government agency's twitter account from posting partisan, anti-presidential material.

And?

How is that not silencing someone's opinion? The party line is the only line now?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: underwerks
They did criticize Trump, but is that grounds for banning their twitter account?

Of course it is, Trump is a very special snowflake, no one is allowed to critisise him, as he has very thin skin!

I guess that's why he's moving the media room in the White House to a larger room, able to fit and bring in more journalists and by extent, even more criticism.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This numbers thing at the inauguration has to stop, my God the masses will latch on to anything like leeches.

Here's three things to help the tiny minded get over this 'numbers' thing.....

1. People DID vote for Trump, the electoral college isn't some corrupt institution - it is in fact the OPPOSITE.

2. Obama was the first black president, people went for that reason alone - to prove they weren't racists.

3. Obama's supporters weren't threatened by MAIN STREAM NEWS CHANNELS with violence and chemical threats. Obama didn't need thousands of biker body guards or have people so foaming at the mouth that they want him dead.

Honestly I'm starting to massively dislike you partisan morons, truly. I don't hold much disdain for anything other than relativism, turns out we're all relativist now if you watch the news!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Perhaps because you are to use your phone as a tool ,not a social device,when at work it'd a form of contact,most workplace can't use personal phone while working

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You do realize he's the chief executive of....wait for it....the executive branch?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

You do realize he's the chief executive of....wait for it....the executive branch?

That kind of goes without saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Moreover, with respect to Trumps inaugural numbers, 93% of the District voted for Hillary. Essentially the same was true of Northern VA and MD.

Who do you think is most likely to attend these things? Locals didn't show up. Big surprise.

But the left needs to keep telling themselves Trump didn't really win.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

NOPE, he kept the media pen where it was, now they just limited the participants.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If i work for Apple and use one of Apple's corporate tweet acounts to spew my personal opinion talking crap about the CEO then Apple has every right to tell me that i am mis-using corporate accounts and that i should use my personal twitter account for that.

You should ask yourself. Why did he not use his personal account and take responsibility for his tweets that way ? Because that is exactly what he has been avoiding doing in this manner.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Obama didn't need thousands of biker body guards

Care to show that Trump needed "thousands of biker bodyguards"?
Any evidence for these "thousands of biker bodyguards" even existing?
edit on 21-1-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SirReadsAlot

when your under employment u lose certain rights. do u think walmart, target, starbucks etc would allow their employees to go on their business twitter account and rip into the CEO. theyd be fired on the spot and probly face other charges

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Some government worker using the official National Park Service twitter handle to bash the sitting President. Of course the idiot got shut down. Use your own private account for that #.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So historical significant comparisons that also show Donald Trump lied about the size of the inauguration crowd is grounds for termination of public communication access?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Lol. Of course he can, if it is the National Park service twitter account. That is a government owned twitter account. If it was a personal twitter account, then probably no.

We have received direction from the Department through [the Washington Support Office] that directs all [Department of Interior] bureaus to immediately cease use of government Twitter accounts until further notice.

From your link, so yes, he can do that.
edit on 21-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The National Park service retweeted a post comparing the crowd size of the inauguration to Obamas inauguration. The post was basically making fun of THEIR boss saying that no one showed up for his inauguration(he's unpopular, all that liberal parroting crap) . When the actual picture of the crowd was taken earlier in the day (lighting doesn't match) the picture of the crowd during the actual swearing in, is comparable to the the crowd Obama drew is 2012 but Obama did have him beat by like one or two sections in the waaay back. DC being a Democrat hot zone, antifa protesters, gay protesters blocking the parade entrance. I think he did just fine crowd wise.

That being said, I think they need a little time out to think about what they did and if they value their job enough to use the NPS communication system to spread stuff like this. If the national park service is soooo important in times of emergency(like all the articles say) they have no reason to be tweeting crap like that about their new Commander and Chief.
edit on 21-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If this reads right, he didn't just shut down the National Parks Service Twitter. He shut it down for the entire Dept. of Interior. Which includes many agencies like the USGS. My guess he wants to ensure there aren't any dissenters..but looks fishy to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join