It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL writer- 'Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
a reply to: Greggers

And how would you know anything about Trump's household.

Where have I claimed to know anything about Trump's household?

perhaps Barron does not feel in any way trapped. Maybe, just maybe, he loves his parents, as his parents love him and he in fact, lives in a very stable, loving, supportive environment.

I assume all of those things are true.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Some don't grow up, because they internalize it so profoundly they kill themselves.

Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for ages 10-24. (2014 CDC WISQARS)
Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for college-age youth and ages 12-18. (2014 CDC WISQARS)
More teenagers and young adults die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
Each day in our nation, there are an average of over 5,240 attempts by young people grades 7-12.

Link.

I just don't get why you folks can't see how damaging this kind of stuff could be to Barron.

When I was 10, I can't imagine how I would have reacted to such vitriolic and relentless attacks made on my parent(s) or about me personally on an international scale.

Adults are presumed to understand they have the power to give words meaning or not. Children not so much.

How anyone would defend this is beyond my understanding.

edit on 21-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

...and some don't.

Read the stats on teen suicide sometime.

This kid has now been called mentally ill, and now someone is saying he's going to become a spree killer--which is what a school shooter is.

This was, at best, irresponsible.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

And it's not even a joke ABOUT Barron. It's a joke about how maddening it would be to be trapped in Donald Trump's house.

I am also very quick to stand up to people taking shots at minor children. But this was not a JOKE ABOUT BARRON. It was a crack at the madness of the Trump Household.

Twice actually, the above quotes being from two separate posts of yours on this thread
edit on 21-1-2017 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Some don't grow up, because they internalize it so profoundly the kill themselves.

Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for ages 10-24. (2014 CDC WISQARS)
Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for college-age youth and ages 12-18. (2014 CDC WISQARS)
More teenagers and young adults die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
Each day in our nation, there are an average of over 5,240 attempts by young people grades 7-12.

Link.

I just don't get why you folks can't see how damaging this could be to Barron.

When I was 10, I can't imagine how I would have reacted to such vitriolic and relentless attacks made on my parent(s) or about me personally on an international scale.

Adults are presumed to understand they have the power to give words meaning or not. Children not so much.

How anyone would defend this is beyond my understanding.

Poor Barron. He is going to have such a hard life spending all those millions of $.
edit on 21-1-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Personally, I am very anti-bullying.

Based on your posts in this thread...nope.

You keep applying how you..an ADULT..interpret this 'joke' and then expect a 10 year old to use the same adult interpretation.

Hard to believe you had children. How long ago was that?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I just don't get why you folks can't see how damaging this could be to Barron.

Would I have told the joke? No.

Do I know what this specific President's child will or won't take to heart? No.

I imagine it's quite difficult being the child of high profile parents, for a number of reasons.

And yes, the joke was in poor taste, but the primary REASON it was in poor taste was because Barron might interpret it the way the people in this thread have interpreted it. Perhaps that's why it was deleted.

The good news for you and all the other people in this thread is that my view is in the minority.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I think Barron will be fine but the sicko who thought of this has some real personal issues to resolve. Donald has proven himself to be a great parent and Barron even at such a young age appears to have an abundance of strength and fortitude. Of all his kids he is the most like Donald in appearance and mannerisms.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Based on your posts in this thread...nope.

Good thing the totality of my life experience isn't summed up in this thread, eh?

You keep applying how you..an ADULT..interpret this 'joke' and then expect a 10 year old to use the same adult interpretation.

No, I don't. I'm explaining how I think the joke was intended. This has nothing whatsoever to do with how a 10 year old might (or might not) interpret it.

Hard to believe you had children. How long ago was that?

I have a grown daughter. I also have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. I repeat: I am very anti-bullying.

I was bullied mercilessly as a child.

Any hint I get that one of my children is being bullied, I'm all over it. I would expect no less from Trump.

Yes, this joke was in poor taste. But this still seems like a pretty normal joke to me, and this type of humor comes part and parcel with being part of the Presidential family, whether it's fair or not. Plus, as I've said numerous times, I don't think it was intended as a jab at Barron.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

And it's not even a joke ABOUT Barron. It's a joke about how maddening it would be to be trapped in Donald Trump's house.

I am also very quick to stand up to people taking shots at minor children. But this was not a JOKE ABOUT BARRON. It was a crack at the madness of the Trump Household.

Twice actually, the above quotes being from two separate posts of yours on this thread

At no place in those quotes do I claim to have any insight whatsoever into the Trump household.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That was a mild attempt at humour. Obviously I wouldn't make the grade for SNL - phew.

A person can have as many constitutional rights as you can shake a stick at but it doesn't excuse bullying kids.

I don't like to see Barron being bullied by high profile adults in the way he has been and I mean 'bullied' not 'criticised'. If he'd misbehaved there might have been grounds to point it out. But he didn't.

What's wrong with asking people to self-censor and think twice before they include him in their 'jokes' or speculation? He's ten years old. How many of us would have been equipped to deal with this at age 10?

edit on 21-1-2017 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

How did you get that 'intent' behind the 'joke'?

It explicitly says: 'Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter'....NOT...Trump will drive Barron to be this country's first homeschool shooter.

Moreover, it's ridiculous in this example to go beyond the plain meaning of the quote and look for 'intent' on the part of the writer, while essentially ignoring the likely interpretation Barron would give to the quote. The way you see it, the 10 year old has to be more mature and responsible for its interpretation than the adult who wrote it.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

How did you get that 'intent' behind the 'joke'?

It explicitly says: 'Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter'....NOT...Trump will drive Barron to be this country's first homeschool shooter.

Again, nuance is not your thing. You really shouldn't try to comprehend it. But here, I'll break it down for you. When I heard the joke, my first thought was:

HAHA, yep I could totally see those crazy Trumps driving a kid insane!

it was not:

Oh yeah, that Barron looks like he might be a homicidal maniac.

And no, that DOESN'T mean I REALLY think Trump will drive his kid crazy. What a person does or doesn't find funny is a matter of individual taste and it happens in the dark recesses of the subconscious.

Moreover, it's ridiculous in this example to go beyond the plain meaning of the quote and look for 'intent' on the part of the writer, while essentially ignoring the likely interpretation Barron would give to the quote.

No it's not. And I didn't have to go looking. That was my IMMEDIATE impression.

The way you see it, the 10 year old has to be more mature and responsible for its interpretation than the adult who wrote it.

Wrong. The way I see it, how Barron reacts to it is a separate issue from how the joke was intended.

Amazing.

Get off your high horse.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Protecting the interests of minor children is not a high horse.

Tough donuts if you can't handle me calling your position out for the nonsense it represents.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Protecting the interests of minor children is not a high horse.

Your comments in this thread have no bearing whatseover on the interests of any minor child anywhere. We're having a debate. That's the extent of its impact on the world.

Tough donuts if you can't handle me calling your position out for the nonsense it represents.

Tough donuts if I don't care one iota.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

M'kay.

LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

M'kay.

I'd make a Mr. Mackey reference, but somehow I doubt you've ever watched an episode of South Park.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
u guys need to learn to see a troll when they pop up. greggers is just trolling u all

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Facebook and Twitter have a habit of getting people in trouble all the time. It's one thing to say something in private to your friends or family, it's another thing all together to let the entire public know what you're thinking. It's even got Trump in hot water! It's one of the many reasons why I refuse to never have a Facebook or Twitter account.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

That is just foul.

It's a great indicator of the poisonous hate that seethes beneath the facade of the caring left.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join