It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL writer- 'Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
#SaveBarronFromOppression

#SilverSpoonLivesMatter

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Imagine if the right had said ANYTHING even remotely negative about Sasha or Malia or whatever their names are. Yeah. Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You need to read his posts on the thread to know why I responded that way. A little tit for tat.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hendrick99
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Imagine if the right had said ANYTHING even remotely negative about Sasha or Malia or whatever their names are. Yeah. Nuff said.

Funny thing. They did.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

www.eonline.com...

www.diversityinc.com...

newcenturytimes.com...

mediamatters.org...

And don't forget back when Chelsea Clinton was in the White House, Rush Limbaugh had some fun comparing her to a dog and said she was the ugliest president's child in history.

But see, you're a little after the fact on those. Where were you at the time?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

This is a nuance that matters.

It's the difference between:

"Wow, Chelsea Clinton sure is ugly!"

and

"Chelsea Clinton is going to throw her parents out of Air Force One in an effort to Make America Great Again."

There is no difference here. The only difference is that when these kind of callous broadsides were thrown at Chelsea Clinton and Obama's daughters, the average conservative was equally offended and quick to condemn. Apparently there aren't any average liberals here on ATS - I hope.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: 3daysgone

a reply to: 3daysgone

Do you think Rush Limbaugh has a lot of followers?
Yeah and I don't agree with him either.

And I don't agree with the woman from SNL who tweeted what she did. So? Where does that leave us?

Yet you are here...defending her, after a fashion...by saying that it is no worse than anything you have seen from the right side of the political spectrum.MSM and that they (and Barron) should just "Get over it"

Hmmm

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That is an absolute lie. Shame on you. I never defended anyone attacking children. I disagreed with the notion that this kind of thing is a hallmark of the left - it is not.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

www.eonline.com...

www.diversityinc.com...

newcenturytimes.com...

mediamatters.org...

And don't forget back when Chelsea Clinton was in the White House, Rush Limbaugh had some fun comparing her to a dog and said she was the ugliest president's child in history.

But see, you're a little after the fact on those. Where were you at the time?

Apart from the Glen Beck one, who, admittedly I don;t know who he is, much as I dont know about SNL writers, but I have heard of him as a media commentator, yes, I agree that was unwarranted and disgusting

The first link, the woman resigned, and so she should have...nasty piece of # and the second and third one just seemed to be random anonymous remarks, anyone can make them..even on here..doesn't excuse them, but they are much like people making remarks on here or elsewhere..yes they are assholes, but free speech and all that, what can you do..and yes, that type of free speech is far different from someone who has an msm media presence..their words are shared by thousands..

What I have issue with, is an adult, employed by a major tv programme, makes these sort of remarks about a 10 yrs old boy..can you see that? Do you agree?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For whatever it's worth, SNL did do a piece on Chelsea Clinton when her dad was president:

In a December 5, 1992 "Wayne's World" sketch, the characters Wayne and Garth (portrayed by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, respectively) made fun of Chelsea Clinton (daughter of the then President-elect Bill Clinton). Wayne noted that while "adolescence has been thus far unkind" to the then-12 year old, Garth opined that "she could turn into a babe in waiting." First Lady Hillary Clinton was publicly critical of the jokes and they were subsequently edited out of all repeats and syndication rebroadcasts of this sketch. "We felt, upon reflection, that if it was in any way hurtful, it wasn't worth it," said executive producer Lorne Michaels. "She's a kid, a kid who didn't choose to be in public life."[26] Myers even wrote an apology letter to the White House

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yes. I agree it was totally inappropriate and mean.

Regarding the personal comments, they were featured in public internet news articles, which means the Obama girls could potentially see them, and that makes them just as bad.

I have always been of the belief that young children of political officials or young children of any famous people should be left alone. It's not the children's fault that their parents are famous (or infamous).

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
For whatever it's worth, SNL did do a piece on Chelsea Clinton when her dad was president:

In a December 5, 1992 "Wayne's World" sketch, the characters Wayne and Garth (portrayed by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, respectively) made fun of Chelsea Clinton (daughter of the then President-elect Bill Clinton). Wayne noted that while "adolescence has been thus far unkind" to the then-12 year old, Garth opined that "she could turn into a babe in waiting." First Lady Hillary Clinton was publicly critical of the jokes and they were subsequently edited out of all repeats and syndication rebroadcasts of this sketch. "We felt, upon reflection, that if it was in any way hurtful, it wasn't worth it," said executive producer Lorne Michaels. "She's a kid, a kid who didn't choose to be in public life."[26] Myers even wrote an apology letter to the White House

en.wikipedia.org...

And so it should have been, ...that is truly awful..thing is, we didn't really have internet then, and whilst it is in a televised sketch, it has since been edited...as it should be...Chelsea Clinton is her own person and should not be subjected to the sins of her mother and father...she too now is a mother and as such I am glad that the crap was edited...what about her kids, the definitely didn't deserve that type of horrible abuse
edit on 21-1-2017 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

originally posted by: introvert

en.wikipedia.org...

And so she should have been...that is truly awful..thing is, we didn't really have internet then, and whilst it is in a televised sketch, it has since been edited...as it should be...Chelsea Clinton is her own person and should not be subjected to the sins of her mother and father...she too now is a mother and as such I am glad that the crap was edited...what about her kids, the definitely didn't deserve that type of horrible abuse

Just as Kayla said, kids should not be part of the political/public back and forth.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well we agree then..no child should carry the sins of their fathers..and with that in mind, Barron should not have to have nasty remarks made about him or his alleged home life.

Kids should be off limits

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In the event this gets scrubbed from the net in the future. I wanted to put this up. It has a screen shot of the twitter.

SNL is a tool IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It was a joke. I think the last thing we need to do is act like the regressive left and feel hurt about jokes we do not want to hear. Snarky jokes and ridicule of innocent people is a mainstay of regressive leftism, but so is the righteous Puritanism upon hearing them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: loam

I am also very quick to stand up to people taking shots at minor children. But this was not a JOKE ABOUT BARRON. It was a crack at the madness of the Trump Household.

Baron is not home-schooled though. So it makes no sense, they had to really stretch to make this abomination of a "joke."

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I should start a business that sells tape on balls for when you can't muster the strength to own your own shizz and dive into regret and retract yoself.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Lysergic because: mostly aids

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In my view, children are off limits. All other jokes are fair game. That's not righteous, it's simply right.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In my view, children are off limits. All other jokes are fair game. That's not righteous, it's simply right.

In my view, free speech is off limits. Such a response teaches kids to believe words are weapons.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join