It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL writer- 'Barron will be this country's first homeschool shooter'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Her statement had everything to do with ideology.

But I find it pointless to constantly point out the obvious.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Her statement had everything to do with ideology.

But I find it pointless to constantly point out the obvious.

No. Her statement had to with her partisanship. There is not a part within liberal ideology that states one must say stupid things on twitter.

We've seen plenty of people on the Right say stupid crap on twitter, including Trump. Does that mean it's part of their ideology?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You call it stupid, I call it an institutional hatred of anything that doesn't go along with their belief system.

I would put her thought process closer to ISIS than anything else.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You call it stupid, I call it an institutional hatred of anything that doesn't go along with their belief system.

If that were true, then why are other liberals denouncing what this women said?

Well, that's obvious hyperbole. Does that mean being a drama queen has become institutionalized by the Right Wing?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Liberals should denounce it.

She's obviously not a liberal.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Triggered level over 9000.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If that were true, then why are other liberals denouncing what this women said?

Well, that's obvious hyperbole. Does that mean being a drama queen has become institutionalized by the Right Wing?

There are no liberals denouncing it... it's all "I don't agree with it, however..." followed by a bunch of deflections and unrelated issues.
We know what that means - it's a dog whistle for all liberals to know that it's ok to attack children if it furthers a political agenda.

Just denounce this woman with no caveats. It's easy.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

leftists are getting a reputation (deserved or not) for being intolerant, mean, petty, spiteful.

If the people harboring this opinion are conservatives, yours is a pointless observation.

It's like saying liberals think conservatives are racist, narrow-minded, uneducated hicks, and expecting that opinion to hold some relevance in the world.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

She very well could be a liberal. That's not the point.

The point is that your argument fails basic logic and the only reason you are trying to assert it's part of the liberal ideology is because of your own partisanship.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I guess rabid Alt-leftists insulting children is a step up from encouraging aborting them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Lots of liberals have denounced it.

I'm one of the few who defended it, and I'm not liberal. I'm a moderate with some liberal views and some conservative views, and I may not have voted for Trump but I'm all for giving him a chance.

I just think this is another case of selective outrage.

Let's face it. People like to go to the internet to express self-righteous indignation over stuff like this because it's easy -- requires virtually NO effort -- and gives their ego a soap box where lots and lots of people will agree with them.

Volunteering for an anti-bullying initiative? Hard work.
Taking time to work with school administrators in local neighborhoods to prevent bullying? Hard work.

Posting self-righteous posts on the internet: cheap, easy, and pointless.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There are no liberals denouncing it... it's all "I don't agree with it, however..." followed by a bunch of deflections and unrelated issues.

So your problem is that that they are not denouncing it the way you want them to, but in reality they are denouncing by saying they don't agree with it.

We know what that means - it's a dog whistle for all liberals to know that it's ok to attack children if it furthers a political agenda.

No. That's your partisan interpretation.

edit on 21-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

I'm one of the few who defended it,

Sorry.

I tuned out when I came to this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm one of the few who defended it,

Sorry.

I tuned out when I came to this.

So? You're sort of proving my point. This is just a big ego stroke for you and all the other self-righteous tools.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So your problem is that that they are not denouncing it the way you want them to, but in reality they are denouncing by saying they don't agree with it.

Wait, are you saying that using the concept of 'dog whistling' to infer real motivation is partisan?
Well, well.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Then your ideology should own this:

www.valuewalk.com...

I guess this proves that everyone on the right are mean, hateful, and - dare I say - a little bit .... racist?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm one of the few who defended it, and I'm not liberal. I'm a moderate with some liberal views and some conservative views, and I may not have voted for Trump but I'm all for giving him a chance.

To me, you sound like a very confused individual who is trying to justify an unjustifiable position they took on the boards.

OTOH, I've read some of your posts in my meanderings, and guess what? I find myself skipping what you have to say as a matter of routine. I'd imagine, after your contributions to this thread, I'll be assessing your take on matter even less frequently.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
I find myself skipping what you have to say as a matter of routine.

Please stop reading my comments altogether. You're deplorable.

P.S.

No one gives two craps about your opinion of a random, anonymous poster on the internet. Like this thread, sharing such is merely a circle jerk for your own ego. And if you have to make a post telling someone you routinely skip their posts, you're probably lying. The logic there is exceedingly straightforward.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wait, are you saying that using the concept of 'dog whistling' to infer real motivation is partisan?
Well, well.

No, what I am saying is that you are making crap up because of your inherit need to be as partisan as possible. You call it a dog whistle that inspires real motivation, yet have no proof or reason to infer such a thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If more people actually owned what their ideology states, then maybe there'd be less crap being thrown about.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join