It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Terror Attack of Trump's Presidency - What happens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Donald Trump has made his candidacy a reality today, this 20th of January, two-thousand seventeen. One of the pillars of his platform was a tough stance on Islamic Terrorism. He even addressed it today in his Inaugural Speech.

www.cnn.com...

We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones -- and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.

My question is, what do you think will happen when the inevitable occurs? It might even happen rather soon considering how often these have been happening with increased rapidity.

Will there be some new act signed? An Executive Order? What would that Act read?

Or do you think something more physical, such as increased police force?

Sound off below and please remember, this is not the Mud Pit. Keep it civil.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't know but he'll mess it up somehow.
How can he possibly focus in the Oval Office with those bright gold (Hideous mustard yellow) curtains blinding his vision that he put in there?!
edit on 20-1-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why do you think it is inevitable?

edit on 2017-01-21T00:03:47-06:002201721America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Why do you think it is inevitable?
And why are you asking for civility when your OP is asking for something else?

Why are the chances of ANOTHER US terror attack, oh, say.... INEVITABLE? Are you kidding? They happen all the time now.

And I'm only asking for your reaction to what you think would happen SHOULD that happen? Do you think Trump would handle it well?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Invade Iran.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I don't know.
You don't know.
I'm just frustrated with people acting like they know.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Besides being impossible, his statement makes no sense.

Terrorism is a tactic, how can you eradicate a tactic?

As though a tactic is limited to any one group or individual.

Can happen at any time, anywhere, whether its Dylann Roof killing victims in a church, Seung-Hui Cho hunting people down at Virginia Tech or Rizwan Farook taking lives at the Department of Public Health.

My guess would be a clamping down on civil liberties (targeted at a specific group, maybe even internment camps) and a revving up of the Police State Surveillance Spying Industrial Complex like we've never seen.

edit on 21-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The inevitable doom thread since 9/11 but well put.
With false flags being almost exclusively government
scripted and executed;

And with Bush 43 being as much of an insider as you can
get: going eight months before his baptism...

now consider Mr. Trump's popularity with the alphabet
string pullers on a par with flesh eating bacteria. And I
consequently think somebody wants to push a red button
to send a drill live before Labor Day.
2016's, if they knew what we all know by the election shakeout.

edit on 21-1-2017 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

New mouse batteries? Wrong.
Now THAT's how you stroke.
edit on 21-1-2017 by derfreebie because: Double Prost

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What happens? War.

The only question. Is it going to be with the actual perpetrators or with a country that had nothing to do with it. Example. ISIS attacks us and then we invade Iran.
edit on 21-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

By definition there were terrorist roaming the streets of DC today. Didnt see much out of the ordinary.

That aside atleast he is trying to PREVENT an attack from happening.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
the Chicago Way.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

My question is, what do you think will happen?

Nothing remotely good.

The iron claw of Trump's America will grip the nation, fascism will descend, and people will welcome it.

The stage has been set (through his own words), only a catalyst is needed.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've voted Trump, but I'm not happy that he made that statement. gladtobehere is right.

You cannot eradicate a tactic. I wish he wouldn't have said it.

However, he needs to also back up what he said. He's already signed an Executive action on the first day against Obamacare.

He'll back up his words. I just don't have any idea how he'll handle it. Will he go overboard? I hope not. I also hope he does something effective, like ban all Muslims from entering the country from countries who are known to support terrorism, Islam being the overwhelming factor in nearly all terrorist attacks.

But I really hope he doesn't go.... overboard. That's the best way I can put it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I do not know what or even sure there will be a big if... But if I were a country I would not want to be the first to try it and find out..

I do not see how he can stamp out radical Islam for there are to many state and mosque sponsors..

The new deal in the works with Russia will probably solve the Syrian and possibly the present Iraq insurgency but that is a localized situation if you discard all the radicals who are supposedly in Europe now. I would imagine if something is attributed to radical Islam they will do everything they can to roll the cell up all the way back to its' roots... I know I would.... to include doing something if it came from a fire brand of an Iman whose hate filled sermons come from the local Mosque. It will be interesting how all this will be handled and I wish anyone in that fight good luck.. Where is Genghis Khan when you need him ?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

THE IRON CLAW OF TRUMPS AMERICA WILL GRIP THE NATION

FACISM WILL DESCEND

PEOPLE WILL WELCOME IT

Liquesence is starting to sound like Nostradamus if Nostradamus was a random person posting on the internet.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Funny you made it as dramatic as you have.

Since 9/11 terrorism has taken less Americans lives than terrorism did the eighties.

It has taken less lives for the country as any one major cities homicides.

Here's how you combat terrorism, you switch to domestic energy (preferably switch to sustainable) and then pull out of the middle east.

I don't know about you, but if there's a guy with a gun walking around my streets telling us what to do with a different flag on his sleeve.... I have a problem with that flag and more specifically country.

BTW, a real terrorist attack is not inevitable, maybe a lone wolf.
edit on 21-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I don't know but he'll mess it up somehow.
How can he possibly focus in the Oval Office with those bright gold (Hideous mustard yellow) curtains blinding his vision that he put in there?!

As far as yellow, this might give you a clue: The Power of Yellow

But the next terror attack on his watch? The retaliation will be a doozy. You best believe he has a general contingency of how it will be played out.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There were terrorists doing damage in D.C. today. I just received a text bulletin that there's something big being planned by ANGRY WOMEN in downtown Chicago tomorrow, and to stay away.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Impossible to say really. Politicians are born liars. What they say can only be confirmed (or not) when you see what they actually do. My guess is the real reason Trump was elevated to the presidency was because it will be almost impossible to restrain him or hold him accountable. He's not seen as being part of the Republican mainstream.

No matter what he does he will likely be the closest thing to a dictator we've ever had.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join