It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just offered to drop ALL Russian sanctions in return for......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: markosity1973

Uh? Drop the sanctions placed on Russia for invading and annexing Crimea in violation of the Budapest Memorandum in exchange for "helping us fight terror?"

You think that would makes us look as though we're in a position of control? How on Earth does that work? Jesus.

I suspect and sincerely hope this is just more "fake news" from "Next News Network."

Protecting a port with soldiers that are legally allowed to be there under contract with Ukraine is not annexation. And neither is holding a referendum that Crimea voted to go with Russia.

Those that claim annexation claim the soldiers that were legally allowed to be there somehow forced Crimea to vote to stay with Russia. Nothing solid to support that conspiracy theory but they roll with it anyway... If your going to believe in a conspiracy theory, why not consider that the US backed a couple in Ukraine to occupy Russia away from interfering in Syria? That like every other move the US made under Obama, did not work out too well for them eh? What a bunch of losers lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Wookiep

They are spinning this like hes done something great, while conveniently leaving out the back room deals....

Who's "they"?

BTW, this hasn't been spun by anyone, YET. Can you guess how the media will probably spin it?? In YOUR favor, I'm sure they'll make all sorts of "back room" claims over the next four years, so stop crying about "they are spinning this". ATS has a variety of opinions contrary to the usual "spin", everywhere else in the mainstream media, and I happen to find it refreshing.

Get used to it!

Stop crying? Oh you mean stop stating facts because it might hurt the Trump narrative.....

Funny , my conservative friends use to LOVE facts....

Touche

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

They are spinning this like hes done something great, while conveniently leaving out the back room deals....

Who's "they"?

BTW, this hasn't been spun by anyone, YET. Can you guess how the media will probably spin it?? In YOUR favor, I'm sure they'll make all sorts of "back room" claims over the next four years, so stop crying about "they are spinning this". ATS has a variety of opinions contrary to the usual "spin", everywhere else in the mainstream media, and I happen to find it refreshing.

Get used to it!

Stop crying? Oh you mean stop stating facts because it might hurt the Trump narrative.....

Funny , my conservative friends use to LOVE facts....

Touche

Wrong! No facts, just bias.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
VERY bold ,I 'm not sure this one won't BITE him later.
HIS NECK is getting long here...
Maybe the preposition of Armor wouldn't be FOR Russia their just our RAIL head for CHINA

Co-Dominium would be the new world order under US command.
DAMN Trump is intelligent if he can PULL this off.
edit on 21-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You see pretty much what I see.

A very bold move to lure Russia away from China as a new co-partner for the USA.

It's the only way without going to war we ever stand a chance of reigning China in a bit.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

MAYBE without a big fight too.
But will an ex Stassi/ KGB commander respond favorably or play us again?
THIS PRESIDENT is ON THE LEVEL here NOT a lawyer at all.
It's HIGHLY dangerous to be sure.
It's NOT the first move I would make without a sealed DEAL.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21785534]markosity1973[/p

Electric cars mass produced in Detroit. Guaranteed it its a certain. That's why Trump is ditching the middle east. You can probably kiss long range diesel trucks goodbye and an improvement in Electrification of Railway infra structure. The middle east oil will be replaced by Russian oil or domestic supplies.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Such caution is natural, even wise.

But.... what if?

What if this really is a turning point? What if Putin wasn't the bad guy all along and it was us?

Suggestion for those who are concerned over Putin - Go do as I have done and watch him speak. RT and Russia Insider are good places to have a look see. Sure he's a politician and he deals the standard pollie rhetoric but he also speaks very rationally and extremely intelligently.

I just read this article, where they estimate Trump's IQ - anywher from 120 to 156. So that means he is at least of above average intelligence.

www.mirror.co.uk...

We'll have to see whether the brain behind the gaffes is up to the challenge I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

IT'S WILD to see this isn't it?
I DO HATE commies and want to kill them too...

edit on 21-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
56 % AGREE with me...www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Uh? Drop the sanctions placed on Russia for invading and annexing Crimea in violation of the Budapest Memorandum in exchange for "helping us fight terror?"

You think that would makes us look as though we're in a position of control? How on Earth does that work? Jesus.

I suspect and sincerely hope this is just more "fake news" from "Next News Network."

Russia always has been in crimea for only just about 2 centuries. They did even have to invade anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Somehow the media will spin this into a "bad thing" maybe even "racist" or something.

This is a GOOD thing, I don't care how people try to spin it.

I was watching how CNN would react to his inauguration speech yesterday and they managed to surprise me once again. They talked as if saying "America first" was somehow bad. I just can't imagine thinking like that but your right. They always manage to turn anything into a bad thing.

"progressives" are like that kid in school who whenever he sees someone else create a beautiful drawing has to compulsively scrabble all over it with his pen.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wookiep

Russia started the crap - we were just dealing with it. They will pout, but no WWIII.

Uh huh. I'm glad you aren't in charge. What a pile of crap fantasy utopia you are living in.

Sounds very arrogant of kaylaluv, doesn't it?

Something Hillary would spout.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

BY the way WHERE is that Naval battle group Russia had there?
I noticed they PULLED out BEFORE the inauguration and was curious about a connection.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

Umm all you have to do is look up Rex Tillerson to see he was an Exxon exec and that he's got millions tied up in Exxon and read whathe's stated about how the sanctity be on Russia are hurting his investments...

Do you need everything spoon fed?

If you guys did 1/3 of the research you always ask us to do when we talk about Trump, you would have a whole dif view of this cronie

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Kerry never said anything that stupid. Almost.

Where do you guys get this stuff?!

lol!

One would think a man of his stature would be more discrete when looking at the SecState position.

Besides, where is Gazprom?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Oh, they pulled out after Aleppo was liberated. Russia's single aircraft carrier is on it's way back to base in Russia. They are slowly pulling back as the situation stabilises.

Because of the presidential theatrics in the USA, it went pretty much under the radar.

Interestingly I read somewhere here on ATS, Obama called all US navy ships back to base too.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

This is happy news for me. Putin has been offering just this kind of cooperation in dealing with ISIL/ISIS for quite some time.

Make America Sane Again!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yes Russia took Crimea illegally
,And so someone would have laid that charge somewhere right ? Now if we could just find out what court it was filed and when the hearings start .If not then you made a bo-bo but thats ok because you are only a victim of the MSM fake news spin and propaganda machine .

To the OP .Russia had already tried to works with the USA on fighting the terrorist awhile back in Syria . Remember that Kerry and Lavroth came up with the plan and it was going to go into effect and then the US/coalition forces attacked the Syrian Army at Der-Azor killing 100 Syrian forces and then ISIS attacked and captured the position . That happened while the sanctions were on Russia .

At this point in the game I think Russia might listen to what the US has to offer in the way of a working agreement but this deal is no big carrot and you can bet Putin will be cautious working with the Americans . fool me once shame on you fool me twice well like little George said you aint gonna fool me again

edit on 21-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

They may be pulling back in one sense but

Russia plans to improve and expand its naval and air bases in Syria, Interfax news agency reported on Sunday, citing an unnamed source, as Moscow cements its presence in the Middle Eastern country, its only overseas military deployment. The source told Interfax that Russia will start repairing a second runway at Hmeimin air base near Latakia, while the Tartus naval base will be upgraded in order to handle bigger ships such as cruisers. - See more at: news.asiaone.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Trump making deals with Putin is dangerous only to the degree that afterwards - Putin does not keep the deal, distorts the deal, or insults Trump. Which is basically inevitable. Putin will always make himself and Russia appear righteous, even at the expense of Trump.

Then Trump will have one of his hissy fits and retaliate. Of course, Congress and military might have decided to brush him off by then, yawn, and get on with business , OR war. We have two emotionally fragile egos at play here. It won't work out in the long run.

edit on 1/21/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join