It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just offered to drop ALL Russian sanctions in return for......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well yes that too. They have both been ruled by various oligarch groups for a while now. Both sometimes participate in questionable wars and acquisitions. But theres a lot in common beyond common government deficiencies, many of which were perpetrated by Obama...and Bush...and Clinton (both of them)...and other Bush...and Reagan...

Partisan reactionism, and a shallow grasp of geopolitics if you ask me.
=p

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Russia won't start WWIII - that's just fear mongering from the right. WWIII would completely devastate Russia and Putin knows it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Russia won't start WWIII - that's just fear mongering from the right. WWIII would completely devastate Russia and Putin knows it.

Oh ok, so you would rather America start WWIII then. WTF?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: BrokedownChevy
The only cards you hold are systemic corruption and an economy driven by financial fraud and an out of control MIC. At some point you might have to pay for all the dead strewn across the ME.

Me personally? No, but I'm sure someone out there will get some karma. Others, probably not. That's kinda how life works.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

WTF - stop fear mongering! Nukes changed the whole playing field. WWIII isn't going to happen. The only thing we have to worry about is if the terrorists get a hold of nukes, cuz they aren't afraid to die.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Partisan reactionism, and a shallow grasp of geopolitics if you ask me.

Or compatibility issues. Not to mention mutual distrust.
They have little reason to trust us and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Maybe... lol.

I can just see the headlines now...

"KGB cabbages and parsnips hack US biosecurity website"

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

WTF - stop fear mongering! Nukes changed the whole playing field. WWIII isn't going to happen. The only thing we have to worry about is if the terrorists get a hold of nukes, cuz they aren't afraid to die.

Right. So starting crap with Russia is A-OK, yes? You really think that? How ignorant does it get? Really!?
edit on 21-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Russia started the crap - we were just dealing with it. They will pout, but no WWIII.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

The only cards you hold are systemic corruption and an economy driven by financial fraud and an out of control MIC. At some point you might have to pay for all the dead strewn across the ME.

Me personally? No, but I'm sure someone out there will get some karma. Others, probably not. That's kinda how life works.

That's true, but you conveniently forget the war crimes and the scale of them when you talk about other nations. I don't, I call a spade a spade. I don't forget the countless dead and horror story that is the Middle East courtesy of Uncle Sam.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Russia started the crap - we were just dealing with it. They will pout, but no WWIII.

Uh huh. I'm glad you aren't in charge. What a pile of crap fantasy utopia you are living in.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Here's the thing. The Russians don't buy sht. can't afford We buy everyone's crap. Russia=dead in the water economically. Nationalism is a btch huh? Inherently flawed.

FTFY

Russia is not dead economically. Putin revealed in his last budget a plan to be the world's largest producer of organic foods in Siberia. His reasoning being that one gets better commodity prices for organic and that there is a global demand for such goods.

Russia will not fold financially. It just can't afford to import a lot either - that is pure currency wars stuff. Watch a Russian road rage video though and count how many Russian made cars are in it. Less that 30% - so they do import.

They have to import in certain cases. Russian cars don't work. It's not that they will fold. It's that they often have negative growth. They offer nothing. Its a stale, dead country with zero investment opportunity. Organic food is not really a big thing either and Siberian climate does not offer for a diverse range of crops. It's hardly something they can build an industry from. If I'm sinking my money into any foreign markets it's in China or Germany. Russian investment even sounds like an oxymoron.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

What crap did Russia start...and what does it have to do with the biggest supplier of weapons and bloodshed on the planet.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

That's true, but you conveniently forget the war crimes and the scale of them when you talk about other nations. I don't, I call a spade a spade. I don't forget the countless dead and horror story that is the Middle East courtesy of Uncle Sam.

War is hell. The mid east has been war torn for 2000 years. Uncle Sam just rode in on his high horse thinking force would put people in their places. You can't kill an idea. That's why the Putin Trump effort against radical Islam will fail too. It's a problem people within that religion need to solve themselves. The right voices need to kill the idea.
edit on 21-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

There was no war in Iraq. It was a turkey shoot followed by an invasion. Same for Libya. The Middle East might have been war torn but that doesn't mean that the US can go in and murder men women and children...and that's what they did on an industrial scale. I want to see payback, seems fair to me.
And if that's not bad enough the US has the brass neck to assume some sort of moral high ground. It would be funny if it wasn't a sick joke.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Trump's in charge now, therefore I have no illusions of any fantasy utopia at this point. It will only go downhill from here.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Trump's in charge now, therefore I have no illusions of any fantasy utopia at this point. It will only go downhill from here.

Well at least he won't start # with Russia like it seems you wish he would. You seem to think it would be totally cool to "poke the bear", when I think that's a bunch of CRAP.

I'm not saying we should be WEAK, but to assert that we should push MORE sanctions on a country that could do far more damage to the U.S. than any "terrorist" nation over the past 2 decades is verging on insanity. We ARE talking about WWIII whether you and your liberal, like-minded friends think, or not, This is BIG business. I am GLAD a liberal isn't calling the shots anymore.

RIP Obama and your insane following of nit-wits. I am GLAD that era of BS is over.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Umm all you have to do is look up Rex Tillerson to see he was an Exxon exec and that he's got millions tied up in Exxon and read what he's stated about how the sanctity be on Russia are hurting his investments...

Do you need everything spoon fed?

If you guys did 1/3 of the research you always ask us to do when we talk about Trump, you would have a whole dif view of this cronie

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Big oil, blah blah. I don't care, and nor does anyone else around here. We have been talking about big oil since Bush senior. It's still relevant, don't get me wrong, but nothing in comparison to what the global elite have REALLY done while you are distracted on oil. Grab your mask, MASK and get used to things.

We get that you hate Trump, and you aren't special. It's not like you are a needle among a pile of hay that wants to be discovered. No, You ARE the majority of liberal bias.

Your opinion is spewed day in, day out. We get it. You hate Trump, that's fine bro. The difference is, you have sold out to mainstream bull#. I haven't. Have fun!
edit on 21-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join