It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you suppose this sound is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello ATS. This couldn't come at a more welcome time (if you ask me it's a nice distraction from all the political facebook posts we've been getting) here's a little mystery for you, and hopefully anyone in the UK can assure me they're not hearing the same thing I am.

This noise has been going on for at least 30 minutes now and I can't figure out, for the life of me, what it is!? I assumed a house alarm, but nope, I've looked everywhere and the sounds has no locality! It seems to be coming from the sky? I started off as a few weird metallic sounding beeps then went to the state it's in now.

Fyi, there are no mechanical or factorial places where I live, just a train station about a 30 minute walk away.... I think it's intriguing. I don't sleep much (insomnia) and am used to seeing and hearing strange things but this is just eery, no?

(please forgive the end part, my finger was over the mic, it's a new phone and I'm still getting used to it, also the state of the house we're moving out in three days!)

The link is safe I had to search for aaaaages for a good vid upload

This is the clip

The Pooch is Kizzy, my best pal and our little Staffy

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
what that high pitch sound?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Orcas

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Yes.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it was!

I couldn't locate the source and eventually it started to hurt my ears. The dog you see in the garden was barking previously to get outside and investigate it but she couldn't tell where it was either and so ended up walking around sniffing things haha.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Generator? Raccoon?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What is your weather like there ? Cloudy? Foggy ? Clear ?....I'm wondering if sound is traveling over fog or clouds.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It could actually be the sound of an electric transformer. Sometimes they ring like that.

link   
Sounds like a AC generator.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

There's no electrical equipment near us, as I said it started suddenly.

The weather was clear as can be, albeit very cold.

No one has a generator. Good ideas though..... I'm still stumped.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Not possible, I cleaned the roof not too long back, no Orcas up there

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I believe you answered the question in the first statement of your video. The sound I hear sounds exactly like a street light that's at the end of its life span or about to blow. The sound you are hearing is the resistance caused by a the failing filament in the bulb.. At least that's what it sounds like to me..

Either that or the Taos Humm has found its way across the pond..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A small town near me has a large chemical factory with train tracks running through it.

I have installed ammonia and other gas sensors in stations on their compound.

They let out an alarm in any gas is leaking from a passing train car.

Locals are instructed to close the windows and try not to breath.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well....since you have a train station near you ...and the above poster just said it sounds like a gas leak alarm....id say shut your doors and windows ...just in case . 😀

top topics

join