It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House announces exit from TPP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can not wait for the countries involved in this trade agreements to start complaining and suing US.

I can only see Trump giving the finger to them.

Meanwhile the politicians that are cashing out on this deals to benefits their campaign donors will be crying.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
We need to recognize these NWO deals as bad for America.

I wish he had dumped NAFTA with the same stroke of the pen.

The only trade partnerships that should be a given (at the moment) are those between the US and: the UK, Canada and Australia. ☜ Yes, that is a period right there.

Everyone else has to 'earn it'.

ETA: And I'm glad he took down the Satanic looking drapes from the oval office and replaced them with gold. Trump is going to #MAGA

Well from what I understand, and I may be incorrect about this, is that Canada abuses NAFTA on a far larger scale than Mexico. Apparently since '94 there have been 35 complaints against Canada vs 22 brought against Mexico. This is according to CNN Money so take it with a grain of salt but I would imagine that these figures are readily verifiable through other sources.

I'm not sure that NAFTA has had the impact on American jobs that some have claimed. The real problem dates back to Jimmy Carter's administration and his Fed chair Paul Volker who raised interest rates so high that industry could no longer afford to borrow and in the ensuing years began to dismantle America's manufacturing infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This really shows how EASILY Obama could have done these things, which just shows how much of a freaking PUPPET he was.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne
I'm not sure that NAFTA has had the impact on American jobs that some have claimed. The real problem dates back to Jimmy Carter's administration and his Fed chair Paul Volker who raised interest rates so high that industry could no longer afford to borrow and in the ensuing years began to dismantle America's manufacturing infrastructure.

It's either Interest Rates or Taxes.

Take your pick.

They keep the Rich rich ... and the Poor poor.

Doesn't matter who's President. Those are the rules.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Wow! this is great news

America First!

Until you realize how much of everything you own or regularly buy is in some way imported. Wait until they start slapping tariffs on us and watch your prices get jacked up. Of course, Trump can do no wrong. So, don't worry about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: strongfp

I guess how long it lasts will depend on the steepness of the tariffs *shrug*. There will be tariffs coming from both directions.

So ... the other part of the question is this: how long can the third world survive with low wages, making its local citizens unable to purchase even the low priced products that they can produce, and taking out the United States as a market?

US citizens will lose low priced products ... but the third world will lose a market. Hurts both ways, potentially, especially at the start. But, in the long term it could be the best thing for all involved, as people in the United States become re-employed, and wages increase in the third world so that the locals can afford to buy what they produce, and become their own market.

You are thinking through the eyes of a westerner here.
The rest of the world does not purchase the way the developed Western world does.

Majority of us buy out of unnecessary needs, ie, a power drill to install a door hinge and then let it sit for 3+ months in the garage till your next project, when a simple screw driver would have done the job.

Keeping on the power drill here. Why would I buy an overpriced and most likely inferior product made in the US when I can get the exact same thing made in India or China for much less?
You can't sustain a country based off it's own domestic products in a world that freely trades products.
History has shown this.
Back during the American civil war the south thought they had the cotton market cornered, they took the idea right from the English who owned the tea trade and threatened to stop exporting all cotton to Europe in hopes they would come to their aid. Guess what, didn't work, they just went elsewhere.

Same thing happened to French with sugar, England thought they had the market cornered, but the French just simply used another product that turned out to be cheaper, beets.

The second industrial revolution left the US a long time ago, and the damage was done by the workers themselves, not the company's. America is already being branded as a inept unstable country with a clown at the helm, as I said before the world has come leaps and bounds since early post WW2 era, it's not going to devolve back to what it was, while the US has. And guess what, the only thing that trump will bring, is dirty industry quick band aide jobs to make him look good while continuing the same agenda we have witnessed for the last 50 years, the war machine.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its ok shouting America first and threatening to open up a can of whoopass on everyone but I'd give it time to see if all this actually works, we here in the UK voted out of the EU and I was one who voted out but we live in an anxious wait to see how things turn out.

I hope it does work out for all but it COULD also be a nightmare....

America like us cannot self support, we need trade partners regarding of if we like it or not and both sides are going to want the best deal, lets hope we all find these partners at our terms.

But credit to the man if this is true, its certainly a great start to show some solid balls...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
We need to recognize these NWO deals as bad for America.

I wish he had dumped NAFTA with the same stroke of the pen.

The only trade partnerships that should be a given (at the moment) are those between the US and: the UK, Canada and Australia. ☜ Yes, that is a period right there.

Everyone else has to 'earn it'.

ETA: And I'm glad he took down the Satanic looking drapes from the oval office and replaced them with gold. Trump is going to #MAGA

Yeah nothing says class like garish gold decor.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: andrew778

This is one of those things "andrew778" where Google provides us certain results. My memories and my own experience remembers CLINTON clearly making NAFTA a thing. I don't personally care what you think, I just know what I know.

So if you want to be a typical tard who loves the SNL Clinton skits, someone who loves even the liberal media in the late 90's then screw you. I don't care. I remember what I remember! Clinton is responsible for NAFTA!!!

Lol I love this. Yeah screw him and his facts and research!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
White House announces exit from TPP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

LOL!

Take that globalist NEOCONS!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The "redecorated" White House website has a section that says the U.S. will (or has already) withdraw from the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal

Wasn't the only thing that got redecorated.

The Churchill bust is back too.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

US produced the best WE ran the most science to DO it.
we just let politicians gut our industry and financiers ran off with profits.
WE CAN isolate and self support It would just spend elements we are preserving for another world war.
SO we use everyone elses.

BUT then again CANADA is somewhat handicapped by it's chosen leaders which would explain ANOTHER lib who doesn't know history ,dislikes US aggression.
I think Canada had the chance to show it 's courage by their Arrow aircraft,but caved to US interests at the expense of their future industries like OUR financiers haveand have been there ever since because of LACK of choice and location.

edit on 21-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Its ok shouting America first and threatening to open up a can of whoopass on everyone but I'd give it time to see if all this actually works, we here in the UK voted out of the EU and I was one who voted out but we live in an anxious wait to see how things turn out.

I hope it does work out for all but it COULD also be a nightmare....

America like us cannot self support, we need trade partners regarding of if we like it or not and both sides are going to want the best deal, lets hope we all find these partners at our terms.

But credit to the man if this is true, its certainly a great start to show some solid balls...

Ok this is me being confused. I understand the UK cannot self support being a 'relatively' small island, but what exactly does the US have to import? We can make our own food, we have(had, could again) manufacturing capabilities, we have(?) raw materials. What am I missing about what the US has lost irreparably that cannot be re-started to make us mostly self sufficient once again?

This is an honest not snarky question by the way, I really am confused. Thanks for any help educating me, lack of coffee means I'm confused easily lol.

Lil

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Well no, there's records of when things are signed. Sure Clinton could've not gone through with it but he did. Doesnt change th e fact that Bush Sr started it.

This is why people don't like Trump supporters. You attack anyone who disagrees with you. Read my post history, I think hillary is a disgusting piece of trash and would say i support Trump over anyone else. But I don't do it blindly like most.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes I read that too, interesting, I had no clue that Obama took out of the office during his term, I wonder with what he replaced with.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes I read that too, interesting, I had no clue that Obama took out of the office during his term, I wonder with what he replaced with.

I wonder with what he replaced with.

Mao Tse Tung

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Obama removed the Churchill sculpture and replaced it with a MLK bust.

Trump put the Churchill bust back, and left the MLK bust too.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mao Tse Tung

That one was in his bedroom.

And he took it with him yesterday.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: neo96

Mao Tse Tung

That one was in his bedroom.

And he took it with him yesterday.

And the Mao Christmas tree ornaments.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Its that so or you are just pulling my legs.

I kind of thought about that too, maybe he replaced with MLK. But then I wonder.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join