It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House announces exit from TPP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

*Standing ovation*

It's a great start. He supposedly signed a bunch of executive orders, has anyone seen a list of them yet???

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I honestly didnt think he was stupid enough to walk away from the TPP.

Maybe I need to start learning Mandarin as well as Russian.

The provision, which bars countries that engage in slavery from being part of major trade deals with the U.S., was written by Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.). At the insistence of the White House, Menendez agreed to modify his language to say that as long as a country is taking “concrete” steps toward reducing human trafficking and forced labor, it can be part of a trade deal.

Under the original language, the country that would be excluded from the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership pact is Malaysia. But because the Senate is the Senate, it was unable to swap out the original language for the modification. (The chamber needed unanimous consent to make the legislative move, and an unknown senator or senators objected.) So the trade promotion authority bill that passed Friday includes the strong anti-slavery language, which the House will now work to take out to ensure that Malaysia (and, potentially, other countries in the future) can be part of the deal.

The TPP supports slavery in Malaysia.Source

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The first day of his presidency has benifitted you Americans more than Obama did in 8 years. Things actually may change for the better for you. Now to get rid of Trudeau and Kathlynne Wynne in Canada

edit on 21-1-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
NAFTA destroyed the state I live in, North Carolina. We have dozens of textile mills here, mills that worked by the same families for generations, now closed and the same families ruined by poverty because of no jobs in the area, ever since Clinton enacted NAFTA, and sent the jobs overseas.
The BEST thing that could happen is NAFTA being dismantled and jobs return to the US

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

No, not Bush SR, this was CLINTON. Wtf is wrong with you?? I was THERE. Whatever you are spewing is nonsense. NAFTA took place in the late 90s and it was solely due to BILL CLINTON. Everything else you want to lie about is wrong, if you want to lie about where NAFTA came from prove to us that it didn't start with CLINTON. You may have a hard time of it. Sure getting sick of these LIES!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

You're wrong. Google it lol. I'll call BS from both sides and your post is BS. Pyle is 100% right that Bush is responsible. Clinton just signed it. It was drafted in 1992 while Bush Sr was still in office and talks started in 1990. Signed into law January 1994
edit on 21-1-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andrew778

This is one of those things "andrew778" where Google provides us certain results. My memories and my own experience remembers CLINTON clearly making NAFTA a thing. I don't personally care what you think, I just know what I know.

So if you want to be a typical tard who loves the SNL Clinton skits, someone who loves even the liberal media in the late 90's then screw you. I don't care. I remember what I remember! Clinton is responsible for NAFTA!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No ending Nafta means,no more free runs through borders,will cost company's more in import tax,be more work for 49 state truckers,as foreign trucks will have to drop trailer at border,kind of how it used to be

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

BEST move AWAY from your area to A MORE conservative area so we can PROTECT your lilly asses again!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
India is in North America. Learn something new everyday.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is actually not good for wall street so as a result, there will be some corporations that will kill this movement. Also, this creates a trade war.

Like I said before, many people will die under a Trump administration.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here we go with the trade agreements.

The "redecorated" White House website has a section that says the U.S. will (or has already) withdraw from the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal !!

Also says the U.S. might withdraw from NAFTA as well.

Looks like Trump is serious.

White House announces exit from TTP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

The new White House website went live shortly after Donald Trump's inauguration, outlining the administration's priorities and revealing new policy details.

Along with a new president comes a new White House website, complete with new information on the administration, its plans, and daily activities. As Donald Trump’s White House website went live shortly after the inauguration, some official policy details have been released.

Here is the what the text on trade reads:

This strategy starts by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers. President Trump is committed to renegotiating NAFTA. If our partners refuse a renegotiation that gives American workers a fair deal, then the President will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw from NAFTA.

In addition to rejecting and reworking failed trade deals, the United States will crack down on those nations that violate trade agreements and harm American workers in the process. The President will direct the Commerce Secretary to identify all trade violations and to use every tool at the federal government’s disposal to end these abuses.

We have always been in a trade war, we were loosing. Business is best defined as a war, us against them.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This is actually not good for wall street so as a result, there will be some corporations that will kill this movement. Also, this creates a trade war.

Like I said before, many people will die under a Trump administration.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here we go with the trade agreements.

The "redecorated" White House website has a section that says the U.S. will (or has already) withdraw from the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal !!

Also says the U.S. might withdraw from NAFTA as well.

Looks like Trump is serious.

White House announces exit from TTP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

The new White House website went live shortly after Donald Trump's inauguration, outlining the administration's priorities and revealing new policy details.

Along with a new president comes a new White House website, complete with new information on the administration, its plans, and daily activities. As Donald Trump’s White House website went live shortly after the inauguration, some official policy details have been released.

Here is the what the text on trade reads:

This strategy starts by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers. President Trump is committed to renegotiating NAFTA. If our partners refuse a renegotiation that gives American workers a fair deal, then the President will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw from NAFTA.

In addition to rejecting and reworking failed trade deals, the United States will crack down on those nations that violate trade agreements and harm American workers in the process. The President will direct the Commerce Secretary to identify all trade violations and to use every tool at the federal government’s disposal to end these abuses.

Politicians first responsibility accordance with the Constitution is this country, not Wall Street and Global Corporations that hijacked our government 30 years ago.

I have my doubts on Trump since his cabinet is filled with Goldman Sachs Boys and this could be smoke and mirrors, we'll see....
edit on 21-1-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
This is great news. Both NAFTA and TPP are horrible. Clinton is at fault for NAFTA, I know, because my good stable job at a very respected computer company in the late 90's, laid me off because of it. They outsourced my job to INDIA after NAFTA took effect. Screw NAFTA!

TPP is all on Obama. What a mess. I'm a libertarian, I support free markets here in the U.S. These things are HORRIBLE for the well being of working class Americans.

I support this. Down with NAFTA AND TPP!!!!

This goes further back than Obama
See Bush Seniors NWO speech
His NWO was Corporate Globalism that we have seen unfold the last 30 years

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I truly believe he will hold up to all his promises

It's going to be a great 4 years

Its going to be a great 8 years.

Fixed it for ya. History will show Im accurate. Book it!!!
edit on 0139x6701America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

No, not Bush SR, this was CLINTON. Wtf is wrong with you?? I was THERE. Whatever you are spewing is nonsense. NAFTA took place in the late 90s and it was solely due to BILL CLINTON. Everything else you want to lie about is wrong, if you want to lie about where NAFTA came from prove to us that it didn't start with CLINTON. You may have a hard time of it. Sure getting sick of these LIES!!

All administrations were complicit in China Trade, NAFTA and the TPP going back 30 years.
None of them have attempted to overthrow it.

Rockefellers speech fits perfectly with Bush NWO Speech
Corporate and Banking Globalism

As long as Trump has Globalist Goldman Sachs Boys on his team, I'll hold my doubts

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: andrew778

This is one of those things "andrew778" where Google provides us certain results. My memories and my own experience remembers CLINTON clearly making NAFTA a thing. I don't personally care what you think, I just know what I know.

So if you want to be a typical tard who loves the SNL Clinton skits, someone who loves even the liberal media in the late 90's then screw you. I don't care. I remember what I remember! Clinton is responsible for NAFTA!!!

articles.baltimoresun.com...

Bush signs North American trade pact Clinton says he won't renegotiate
December 18, 1992|By Gilbert A. Lewthwaite | Gilbert A. Lewthwaite,Washington Bureau
WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed the North American Free Trade Agreement yesterday, and his successor-in-waiting Bill Clinton immediately announced that he would not seek the treaty's renegotiation.

Bush signed it and Clinton kept it going, both traitors

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Assuming the source is reputable (never heard of it) then I give a cursory curt nod of approval his way. I

here's one that might be a little more reputable.

Trump says US to quit TPP on first day in office

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

most don't realize that Reagan initiated NFTA.

The North American Free Trade Agreement: Ronald Reagan's Vision Realized

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My word. A president actually doing what he said he would do, from Day 1. Who would have thought it possible?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I guess how long it lasts will depend on the steepness of the tariffs *shrug*. There will be tariffs coming from both directions.

So ... the other part of the question is this: how long can the third world survive with low wages, making its local citizens unable to purchase even the low priced products that they can produce, and taking out the United States as a market?

US citizens will lose low priced products ... but the third world will lose a market. Hurts both ways, potentially, especially at the start. But, in the long term it could be the best thing for all involved, as people in the United States become re-employed, and wages increase in the third world so that the locals can afford to buy what they produce, and become their own market.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join