It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House announces exit from TPP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here we go with the trade agreements.

The "redecorated" White House website has a section that says the U.S. will (or has already) withdraw from the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal !!

Also says the U.S. might withdraw from NAFTA as well.

Looks like Trump is serious.

White House announces exit from TTP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

The new White House website went live shortly after Donald Trump's inauguration, outlining the administration's priorities and revealing new policy details.

Along with a new president comes a new White House website, complete with new information on the administration, its plans, and daily activities. As Donald Trump’s White House website went live shortly after the inauguration, some official policy details have been released.

Here is the what the text on trade reads:

This strategy starts by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers. President Trump is committed to renegotiating NAFTA. If our partners refuse a renegotiation that gives American workers a fair deal, then the President will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw from NAFTA.

In addition to rejecting and reworking failed trade deals, the United States will crack down on those nations that violate trade agreements and harm American workers in the process. The President will direct the Commerce Secretary to identify all trade violations and to use every tool at the federal government’s disposal to end these abuses.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow! this is great news

America First!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I truly believe he will hold up to all his promises

It's going to be a great 4 years

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We need to recognize these NWO deals as bad for America.

I wish he had dumped NAFTA with the same stroke of the pen.

The only trade partnerships that should be a given (at the moment) are those between the US and: the UK, Canada and Australia. ☜ Yes, that is a period right there.

Everyone else has to 'earn it'.

ETA: And I'm glad he took down the Satanic looking drapes from the oval office and replaced them with gold. Trump is going to #MAGA
edit on 2012017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Assuming the source is reputable (never heard of it) then I give a cursory curt nod of approval his way. If he keeps it up, with positive results, more nods of approval come from where that one did.

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
wow, he doesn`t waste anytime getting things done, he walked right up to the TPP,grabbed it by the p$^&y and told it GTFO!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, easy out of the TPP..NAFTA will be more complicated.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not used to a president coming in so fast and trying to straighten things out. That TTP trade deal was not in the best interest of the people of our country.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I had thought it might take awhile before we could see which way the wind was going to blow .I am liking this Trump breeze .I can see the Trudeau Govt struggling to set its sails and figure out what to do .Canada is still stuck in the same old same old as far as leadership goes and to do a abrupt now would surely put egg on their face . This is going to be more intresting quicker then I had thought .

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have a president with balls. Balls that aren't in the u.n.'s purse.
It's about damn time..

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is EPIC and I can't believe it happened on day 1.

This is what the U.S. has needed for decades.

America FIRST!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I still try to figure out how this will all work out. To me it's nothing more than a quick money grab and bandage over a large wound that will eventually fester and get worse over time.

The world has progressed since early post WW2 era, American made products will be over priced for what they are.
The rest of the world will take a quick blow but will recover quickly and continue to buy products made in China and the like.
You watch, workers will get their jobs and demand workers rights, while the third world continues to deny workers rights and work harder.

America first, for Americans only, made in America, sold to Americans, in a world of global trade. How long will that last?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is actually not good for wall street so as a result, there will be some corporations that will kill this movement. Also, this creates a trade war.

Like I said before, many people will die under a Trump administration.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here we go with the trade agreements.

The "redecorated" White House website has a section that says the U.S. will (or has already) withdraw from the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal !!

Also says the U.S. might withdraw from NAFTA as well.

Looks like Trump is serious.

White House announces exit from TTP, warns of possible exit from NAFTA

The new White House website went live shortly after Donald Trump's inauguration, outlining the administration's priorities and revealing new policy details.

Along with a new president comes a new White House website, complete with new information on the administration, its plans, and daily activities. As Donald Trump’s White House website went live shortly after the inauguration, some official policy details have been released.

Here is the what the text on trade reads:

This strategy starts by withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers. President Trump is committed to renegotiating NAFTA. If our partners refuse a renegotiation that gives American workers a fair deal, then the President will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw from NAFTA.

In addition to rejecting and reworking failed trade deals, the United States will crack down on those nations that violate trade agreements and harm American workers in the process. The President will direct the Commerce Secretary to identify all trade violations and to use every tool at the federal government’s disposal to end these abuses.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

This is actually not good for wall street so as a result, there will be some corporations that will kill this movement. Also, this creates a trade war.

Like I said before, many people will die under a Trump administration.

I think you've been used to a Progressive administration and how "it works".

Buckle up snowflake... the next year or so is going to be really confusing to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Half a day in and two good things. (Exit TPP and work to make Russia allies again)
I'm sure he will do plenty I don't like later, but hey, the man is delivering on two big things already.
And any not-brainwashed liberal would like this as well. In fact, they were all about both of these just a couple years ago until the media went into crazy time.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I honestly didnt think he was stupid enough to walk away from the TPP.

Maybe I need to start learning Mandarin as well as Russian.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It took Obama a year just to prioritize what he wanted to do first. Donald Trump is THE REAL DEAL folks.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Half a day in and two good things. (Exit TPP and work to make Russia allies again)
I'm sure he will do plenty I don't like later, but hey, the man is delivering on two big things already.
And any not-brainwashed liberal would like this as well. In fact, they were all about both of these just a couple years ago until the media went into crazy time.

A biggie for those of us catching arrows being shot from government agencies, is that President Trump also signed an order to FREEZE all new government regulations, IMMEDIATELY. I'm somewhat overwhelmed by how special our new President is.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is great news. Both NAFTA and TPP are horrible. Clinton is at fault for NAFTA, I know, because my good stable job at a very respected computer company in the late 90's, laid me off because of it. They outsourced my job to INDIA after NAFTA took effect. Screw NAFTA!

TPP is all on Obama. What a mess. I'm a libertarian, I support free markets here in the U.S. These things are HORRIBLE for the well being of working class Americans.

I support this. Down with NAFTA AND TPP!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
This is great news. Both NAFTA and TPP are horrible. Clinton is at fault for NAFTA, I know, because my good stable job at a very respected computer company in the late 90's, laid me off because of it. They outsourced my job to INDIA after NAFTA took effect. Screw NAFTA!

TPP is all on Obama. What a mess. I'm a libertarian, I support free markets here in the U.S. These things are HORRIBLE for the well being of working class Americans.

I support this. Down with NAFTA AND TPP!!!!

You mean Bush Sr. is the fault of NAFTA. It wasn't ratified in time for him to sign it so they held a ceremonial signing before he left office.

Also you do know that India has nothing to do with the TPP or NAFTA, right?
edit on 21-1-2017 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join