It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Official Issues Ammunition Ban for Federal Lands on Last Day in Office

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes it was.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

NO he has not banned hunting on federal land-you can still use steel,bismuth or tungsten shot

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So, now they want us to buy very expensive ammo if we go for a walk on a trail in a park and take a handgun along with us for protection. Yeah, I suppose some company gave Obama some stock now that he isn't president anymore.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: DBCowboy

oh dear - people just have to make it a partisan issue .

my personal belief is that lead based [ pellet ] ammunition should not be used for shotguns [ esp for water fowling ]

but its blanket ban is unessecary [ ie there is near zero environmental fall out from lead core ammo used in deer hunting ]

but hey - politics

I didn't make it about politics.

The asshole who waited until the last day to do it, made it about politics.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Bismuth... Thank you. Couldn't remember to save my life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Agencies don't make law. Congress was given limited powers, none of which is to delegate its power to another entity. Just one of the BS things government pretends to do. Also, federal lands are unlawful within any state, except when they conform to the purposes within the constitution itself. The state legislature is required to grant the federal government jurisdiction, expressly, and only for the limited reasons, forts, magazines, dockyards and other needful buildings. So there are two lies wrapped up in this story.

This is Washington D. C., the District of Columbia, and is quite properly administered by the Federal Legslature because it is not a part of any State and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

Most government land does not conform to the above. No where in the constitution is congress given any powers to hold land within one of the several states except for the reasons above. The government created by the people usurps the power and authority of the people by ignoring the above. Any agency or judge that holds different is a traitor and guilty of treason.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've seen multiple videos and read many stories about lead-poisoned raptors found tangled in barbed wire only to die, or unable to maintain flight and get hit by moving vehicles, or die from dehydration and starvation because of losing ability to hunt.

Meet River. A Bald Eagle found floundering in Iowa and rescued. Cause of death: Lead poisoning.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Which means that fish and game workers are also at a disadvantage- they already don't like encounters with angry locals deep in the woods. This will not go well.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

I grew up on a farm. I wanted to make some money raising goats. Not only was I able to successfully manage a population of the four-legged critters ... my work sustained five breeding pairs of Eagles (if you know what I mean).

I love the birds ... but I understand why other people hate 'em. A goat's 'kids' are absolutely filled with life. You should hear them scream as they're being carried off into the sky. Happens every day.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

it wasn't for lack of trying. he did everything he could. he just couldn't find away to use his pen and phone.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

This was necessary, is many humane ways to hunt than using lead ammunition, the lead many hunters shoots wildlife and leave the carcasses to rot, other pray animals like eagles eat the carcasses and the lead, poisoning them.

Lead poisoning is lethal to humans, just imagine what it does to other animals that are not part of what is allowed during hunting season.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Free range chicken farmers are facing the same issues. What's the solution? Take permits for Bald Eagles not only for green energy farms but also independent farms?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'll say this once.

if it were for the animals, then why wait until the last bloody day to do it?

Why do it with no explanation, no fanfare, no nothing!??!?!

It was done strictly for political reasons.

No politician, especially from the Obama administration gives a tinkers damn about animals, nature.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I been an avid eagle watcher, we have two here in my neck of the woods that are a show during mating season, people just park on the side of the road to see them.

Now with that say, the issue of the lead in wild life refuge has been on the table for a while, waiting the congress to do take the bill, but it have never been taken into consideration, many states has banned the lead in hunting land on their own.

I guess this was a last minute effort by those behind the bill to push it as an executive order at least in some Federal land, something is better than nothing.

Regardless if Obama or other president signed the executive decision or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Like everything else, I'd have to see the actually studies before ever believing the government.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

As quickly as it came... it can go.
(We'll see).

However, my guess would be that it won't go anywhere. Just like Obama did almost nothing to change the worst policies of the GWB administration. Obama promised much in that regard and delivered very little. The faces changed but it was almost like the 2008 election never happened.

I always say that you should pay more attention to what people actually do than to what they say. Trump has said a lot but he hasn't done anything yet.
edit on 21-1-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Stupid issue to cry about

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
All these years they have been screaming "He is gonna take ur guns"

lol

He tried but failed.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
All these years they have been screaming "He is gonna take ur guns" and the most he did was change the ammo on federal land.

lol

Well, you would seem to have a point but of course it is safe to assume that a gun ban is probably never going to happen overnight. Nor is it very likely to be attributed to just one man. It's too easy to undo it if it was all the work of one man. What it takes to eliminate something that is widely perceived as a basic right is incremental changes done by many people over many years (or decades). What it also takes is changing public opinion. Which is happening every day, courtesy of the MSM and their constant shrill screeching about every single instance of gun violence.

Yes. Of course it was short-sighted to be worried that one man was going to single-handedly ban guns. But eventually, we'll see the cumulative effect of all of these little things that add up.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's not like they didn't try with their fake shootings ,and fake terrorist crap,straight out of Mein Kampf,but they didn't realize that there was well read Republicans and Democrats as well who saw through their facade,and what are the Park Rangers going to carry?,air soft pistol's?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join