It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The absolutely PATHETIC email I got from the DNC/Clinton Campaign.. @ Trump's inauguration.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The donation levels went up to $100 or any other amount.

As soon as Trump had delivered his inaugural speech, this came to my inbox.

The reason I got it is because I'd previously signed up for updates from the Clinton campaign, and, although I'm Canadian, I had actually tried to make a couple of donations to her campaign (which they did return according to the rules and regs since I couldn't prove American citizenship). This was before my "conversion experience" and "epiphany" in the wake of Trump's unexpected win, upon which I'd re-evaluated based on a number of different factors that I've explained elsewhere not the least of which was the MSM's continuing campaign against Trump as if in continuation of Clinton's campaign against him and his candidacy.

They still have my payment info and were hoping to take advantage of my Trump angst to raise money, and the email is very similar in form and function to the various fundraising emails that I was getting from the Clinton camp all the way up to the election, although this one wasn't nearly as well crafted or as well thought out.

Thus, to me it appears to have come from that same campaign "machine", than from an organization that's separate from it, like a continuation of her campaign in many ways, not unlike what we've seen on CNN and in the MSM in the wake of the election.

There are two things that I don't like about it. One, it's highly judgemental and presumptuous regarding Trump's intentionality and what he described in his speech (how would they know what's in his heart and what interests he serves?) and two, because when I tried to remove myself from their email data base, while I was able to fill out an unsubscribe form, and offer a comment as to why (I really gave it to them) there was no way to submit it.

It smacks of a type of psychological ploy and nothing more or the old politics as usual which echoes the sentiments that the MSM have been promulgating from election day until now.

Hate does not trump love.

And if this is the best that the Democrats can do, then their party is in a whole heap of trouble because there's nothing affirmative or productive about it. It's just an appeal to a visceral hatred of Donald Trump, nothing more. There's no there there, no plan, no policy, just an appeal to a base emotional reaction/response to Trump's victory, while attempting to negate any value of any kind that he offered with what I felt was sincerity in his inaugural speech, which wasn't just some lofty rhetoric for purposes of imaging to try to extract consent, but a straight appeal to the idea that the Government of the US is of, by and for THE PEOPLE.

Something about it made me very angry, and then when I wasn't able to submit my unsubscribe, while giving them a piece of my mind, that was just the icing on the cake and thus my thread here at ATS.

The Clinton campaign never ended, and they are not offering anything of any substance of any kind whatsoever, only to take them at their word that Trump serves no one and no higher cause than his own narrow self interests and personal agenda, which to me seems highly incongruent with what I've been seeing, now that I've reexamined with an open mind.

We're not buying this crap any more.

And oh to see Anderson Cooper's face today and what him verbally stumbling around, that was priceless.

They've lost it. Lost the narrative and the motive and impetus for progressive ideas.

Hate Trump - give us your money to oppose him. That was about it.

Best regards, and congrats on a wonderful day.

Ankh

edit on 20-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: personal info removed from pic

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
they are absolutely shameless, taking advantage of the trump inauguration to fleece more money from their mentally unstable supporters.
Fill their heads with a bunch of lies and paranoid delusions and then hit them up for more money.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
They will need every penny they can suckle from the haters. Dems have lost across the board from Sneators, to house members and now the White House.

IMO they will keep digging a deeper hole for themselves with this un patriotic positioning.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Agreed. It's breathtaking in just how pathetic and, UNAMERICAN, it was. I couldn't believe it.

They didn't even try to make a case.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well of course they did. Why are you surprised?

Do you think the RNC didn't use Obama's victory for an instant fundraising effort?

As loathsome as it is, it's what they all do.

I just ignore emails like that. I don't have money for them because I am a) an Independent, and b) I'm saving out of fear of losing our good insurance, or being stuck in an underfunded "high risk pool" (those have never worked, or the tanking of the economy... c) I might give to a Bernie organization or some other foundation if a financial problem doesn't emerge, but not the DNC.

But there are a lot of very sad and angry people who may be willing to throw money at the DNC now to "fight against Trump and the GOP."
edit on 20-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yeah but just look at the way it was composed. So lazy.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The sliminess will never cease to amaze me.

It's not just the Democrats, but this is a textbook example of political desperation and sleeziness

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Time for Canadians to quit worrying about what the US is doing and figure out how to fix the # show they've got going on.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah that's pretty pathetic and to ask for a donation?!Why don't they just give it up, let it go. I'm sick of them going on and about it.

On a side note and I don't know if it's true. Heard it in cnn just now btw. They were saying tickets to these fancy balls going on were on $50 to get in, so all of those who worked on his campaign could afford it. Sounds nice anyways

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

They wouldn't need to ask for money if they didn't piss away 1.5B towards a losing Hillary campaign.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Donald Trump is evil, give us your money.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The RNC sends out similar emails all the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yeah but just look at the way it was composed. So lazy.

lol!

It was quick and dirty, for sure.

Here's the thing though Ankh (I love your avatar name - T. Pratchett fan here!!), being upset at the left and the DNC for their "fighting back" moves -- what good does that do? They are angry just like the right was angry, and they do have the, ahem, right to BE angry. This new President is undo what they fought for, and they want to take it back. They will bend every bit of their will to that effort. It's how the game is played.

So don't hate the playa, hate the game, baby...

- AB

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Rude.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow

Isn't that slander?

Trump should get a lawsuit started ASAP, incredible just incredibly childish desperate behaviour

They're preying on jealous angry confused people that they created for donations lol, the media manufactures the biased or fake news, gets the reaction it wants, manipulates, gets paid, buys more protesters thus not to burden Soros and the rest of the disgustingly rich globalist masters

Lol brilliant
edit on 20-1-2017 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Link?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I never signed up or made any inquiries with the DNC.

It was like this was from the Clinton campaign that I was once sorta participating in, even from afar.

I'm pretty sure that I'd even unsubscribed to her campaign and campaign emails after it was all over.

Also, are their emails that pathetic?

edit on 20-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

its not just a US political " issue " - as i have contributed to various activism projects , protests and petitions - my spam mail is now deluged weekly with idiots asking for money to "support " the most batcrap insane "activism " imaginable

all look almost identical to your OP email - just change the names

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Wow

Isn't that slander?

Trump should get a lawsuit started ASAP, incredible just incredibly childish desperate behaviour

And how childish are they treating the people they sent that to?

It's just pathetic!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

HATER...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join