It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Website Quickly Edits Melania Trump's Bio Page, Which Read like Jewelry Ad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah because the Trumps are that desperate for more money.

Poor Trumps.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Maybe she will donate profits to anti-bullying charities.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Right. The first billion wasn't enough. Needed 4 more.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm sure he knew about the edits in November. It was a pretty big story for a day or two before the transition site bios were edited.

The root of the criticism was that, by using an official .gov domain, it was seen as using government resources for personal gain.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

The root of the criticism was that, by using an official .gov domain, it was seen as using government resources for personal gain.

Shocking.
I'm sure he would never do anything like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Seems like they have some habits to break. I don't expect and immediate perfect transition but I do expect a timely one. Any public service office is done a disservice by the use of such office to promote the wealth of one self. Public service is supposed to be selfless and makes us all look bad when it isn't...And it's usually bad for us too when it isn't. I sure can't pretend 90% or better of politicians do this is some way or another though so they're all just as bad in my book.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They were certainly willing to try, but he does have pretty thin skin so once the criticisms started to fly it was changed pretty quickly.

That said, self-promotion defines Trump, and he will use any outlet he has access to. It's just one of those things that Americans and the Media will have to keep an eye on because he doesn't really view any opportunity for self-promotion as inappropriate.
edit on 1/20/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow melanie is a monster.

I am sure this is what the trumps were worried about. Not 100's of positions to fill, not the ceremony, not future policy, not moving into the WH and deciding what should and shouldnt stay in NY till barron is done.

If Melanie really wanted to sell Jewelry she would have bedazzled herself at the ceremony. Instead she wore an outfit that even covered her neck, a really great outfit btw.

Some lowly web designer was called and told You're Fired over this

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99 BahHahah. And how, pray tell, does a woman appear intelligent from inauguration footage?

It's like a 14 year old girl saying Channing Tatum looks intelligent. We all know IQ is a visible trait.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
omg, that is tacky as hell!

can you imagine if Hillary had won and bill had a link to a business on a government website. the right would lose their minds. you guys are really starting to lose credibility with your devout adoration.

biggest con job ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Melanie has nothing to offer. She's just a hood ornament for Trump.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Whoever was in charge of posting the bio probably copy/pasted from elsewhere and forgot to edit out the promotional sounding bits.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: msfitte

perhaps you are right - at least they did edit it. But was it before or after the sh*tstorm from the media?

Would they have even noticed with quick response otherwise?

I would hope that all levels of the Presidential Administration are competent, but I'm not so sure - especially with some of the cabinet appointments that there have been (i.e. Betsy DeVos, who appears to be not at all qualified for the position of Education Secretary)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join