It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump enters the Oval Office signs executive order to ease the burden of Obamacare'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Boadicea

Health care in the US is EXPENSIVE compared to other industrialized countries.

Pharmaceutical drugs are EXPENSIVE when compared to any other country.

This is why everything related to health care is so costly.

We can wiggle, pull and push until the cows come home. Medical care is expensive because it costs so much.

All true as far as it goes -- but we created this mess via mis-guided government regs and crony capitalism -- aka wiggling, pulling and pushing -- and we can un-do this mess the same way. We made the rules. We can change the rules. It's about proper regulations and doing what is necessary and proper for the greatest good and best interests of the people -- NOT the politicians and corporations.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Ok, who is the to have their wages cut? Instead of $7,500 for a carpal tunnel surgery the surgeon gets $5,000?

Or how about the medications. Who is going to lower their costs?

What hospital is the first to charge $1,000 for a spinal tap instead of $2000.

I can't see this working. Someone is going to get less $$$$.
edit on 20-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm terrified.

Sincerely. My gut is in freaking knots.

I have a very sick child. I wish We were in some other timeline. I absolutely do not trust Trump. I don't see this ending well. God I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

This is a scary time. The medical industry has been allowed to expand with very little oversight in reference to cost or affordability.

I can't know your fear. Until someone is in your position it is difficult to get a full dose of what I am sure is a feeling of extreme helplessness.
I hope you get some relief in way of a child that healed and a new way to deliver health care in the US that works for the people in the US.

We can hope that some common sense is returned to an industry that is about making $$ instead of making people well.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The only way to fix this is to destroy insurance completely.

Without it, all business that get their money from milking the tax payers (overpriced medicine and care) and the non tax payers (raising taxes for the tax payers and printing money to cause infusion) will have to class their doors or readjust to operate within realistic financial constraints.

I've not seen a doctor in two years because the cost of the ACA is so much that I've been stuck paying down my last two doctor visits.
Why must I pay for nothing?

If easing the burden is just replacing what I pay with printed money, we all still lose- and the more money you earn the bigger your loss will be when the inflation catches up.

Can't fix this without fixing the cost of health care. As long as insurance pays health care, and insurance is paid by taxes, it won't ever get cheaper.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It means employers won't have to offer or pay a share of the premiums for health insurance.
If you got insurance through work because your employer had to offer it under the ACA and they decide they don't want that expense anymore you're on your own. And without a group rate you will pay much much more.
Good times yeah...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: seasonal

The only way to solve is if everyone is covered. Healthcare is the only business when Jack doesn't pay his bill, John pays it.

Or if Jack can't pay it he doesn't get it, and Jack dies...

Is that supposed to be a solution?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Ok, who is the to have their wages cut?

Is this a trick question? I don't know... why? I never said anything about cutting anyone's wages.

Instead of $7,500 for a carpal tunnel surgery the surgeon gets $5,000?

Well, yeah, that's exactly what's happening right now, and why so many doctors refuse to treat Medicare patients. It's part of that mess we created via misguided regulations and crony capitalism.

Or how about the medications. Who is going to lower their costs?

We can lower medication costs easily. Again, it's the misguided regulations and crony capitalism that have created the skyrocketing costs of medication.

What hospital is the first to charge $1,000 for a spinal tap instead of $2000.

I don't know -- yet. Perhaps we'd find out if we demanded posted pricing... and then we'd find out how many other hospitals had to reduce their over-priced procedure down in order to compete in a fair market on a level playing field.

Really? But then in your very next comment you write:

The medical industry has been allowed to expand with very little oversight in reference to cost or affordability.

And:

We can hope that some common sense is returned to an industry that is about making $$ instead of making people well.

So I give several examples -- upon your demand -- of how that can be accomplished, but you dismiss every one as:

Yes, some people will get less money... and if we do the job right -- or, to use your words, return some common sense to an industry about making $$ instead of making people well -- it will be those people who are now getting too much money due to misguided regulations and crony capitalism.

But quite honestly, I think you knew that already, and for reasons I don't understand, you just wanted to pick a fight, and now you've twisted yourself into a pretzel in the process. I'm embarrassed for you. Let's do both ourselves a favor and let this conversation die a natural death right here...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Hopefully that includes not brow-beating people like me for the penalty tax I face because I cannot afford $1063/mo., $12,756 this year for my free, annual physical.

What????!!!!!!
That is a f****** disgrace!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Hopefully that includes not brow-beating people like me for the penalty tax I face because I cannot afford $1063/mo., $12,756 this year for my free, annual physical.

What????!!!!!!
That is a f****** disgrace!

It's a disgrace, . And it's not uncommon at all.
Many people don't see it, but employers spend about 30% off every employees salary on overhead. It's a lot more now with this aca non sense.
I can't afford my annual check up any more, but my employer is spending at least 10k a year on my health insurance.
That's 10k that could be coming to me as wage, which would easily cover my check ups... But instead it goes to some other people who likely don't earn as much money- apparently their health is more important than my own.

Now, if we had gone the other way and banned health insurance instead of making it mandatory, health care costs would have self regulated back to sane, affordable levels by now. Thanks, obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That is reality under the current system, ACA or before ACA.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Here is some specific info, very refreshing and positive stuff here:

The order, which noted that Trump intends to seek the law's "prompt repeal," directs agencies to "minimize the unwarranted economic and regulatory burdens [of ObamaCare] and prepare to afford the States more flexibility and control to create a more free and open healthcare market." It also tells agencies to waive, defer or delay imposing any ObamaCare provisions that impose fiscal penalties on states, health care providers, families or individuals.
Trump's order also ordered agency heads to "encourage the development of a free and open market in interstate commerce for the offering of healthcare services and health insurance," a key component of Republicans' ObamaCare replacement plan.

www.foxnews.com...

gotta love it!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Go on any hospital web sight and a good share do have posted prices. And they are all almost the same.

I hear buy insurance across state lines. I have yet to hear how this lowers costs.

I also hear post the costs, it's already done. This isn't a cheese burger and generally when you need a procedure it is because you NEED a procedure. I have yet to see a cafeteria style menu to choose the lowest priced medical procedure. I don't think this will help, the hospitals seem to set prices with their neighboring hospitals in mind.

If less money goes into the medical industry, because of prices being reduced, the Dr.'s and all help will get less $$$. This is a zero sum game.

The only way to make a medical cost go down is to reduce the costs.
edit on 21-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

There is some of the meat to the order thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: AboveBoard

The only way to solve is if everyone is covered. Healthcare is the only business when Jack doesn't pay his bill, John pays it.

Or if Jack can't pay it he doesn't get it, and Jack dies...

Is that supposed to be a solution?

Of course not!! I hope not!!!!

I don't trust Trump and the Reps to not make that a solution however. Regardless of their words. I know how much those words are worth.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Okay. Whatever. We have to reduce the costs but we can't reduce the costs... gotcha. And I'm done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join