It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definition of Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A lot of people browse ATS because they want to see beyond the veil of social lies. A lot of people feel emotional when they hear a lie about them or their relatives. A lot of people(scientists) explore the Universe in its gross and miniature dimentions to find the grail itself - the truth.

But what is truth?

What is truth?

It is such a metaphorical notion. And led by that I want to ask how you personally see what is truth. This is not philosophical thread so just relax and try to give me you "explanation" of truth in one single sentence(lets have some rules), the way you feel it. The idea here is to use our imagination and describe this word truth more poetically, than scientifically. Are you uncapable of such a feat, friends? Describe it for me... in single sentence. And relax, nobody needs to "understand" what you are saying, just spit it out.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Argentbenign because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

MONKeYS EVerYwhere!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

truth is what i tell you it is

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The truth is that root cause of things which resides just below the surface of what we see and hear. It's something nobody has ever or will ever grasp.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Truth is what actually happens

Before emotions and embellishments take over.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hmmm. The Truth is what is out there that a lot of People seek, some of them not even knowing exactly what it is that they are after, and may have found it and not even know!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Truth is something most people do not want to hear.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

If I put an apple in a paper bag, and then I ask what is in the paper bag..

One person may say it is an orange.

Another may say, it is a pear.

But you see, those statements are not the truth.

The truth is that there is an apple in the paper bag.

You cannot say that both - an orange in the paper bag and the apple in the paper bag are the truth.. no because there is only one truth.

The truth is what is the case. The truth is what exists.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
What is truth?

Everything exists!
Existence is ALL inclusive!
Thus Reality (being predicated on that which exists) is ALL inclusive!
Thus Truth (being predicated on Reality) is ALL inclusive!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

It is such a metaphorical notion. And led by that I want to ask how you personally see what is truth. This is not philosophical thread so just relax...

That's too bad, because "what is Truth" is a philosophical question.
Don't worry, I'll keep it simple;

Everything that you (and everyone else) can possibly perceive is Truth, from dreams of unicorns... to the sun!

Every Perspective is unique every moment!

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics (Book of Fudd)

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Did you ever try to approach someone with, " My subjective view on reality ?" Instead of " This is reality"

Im pretty sure, "your" reality is real for "you".

And the weirdest quote you make as a statement is;" "The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!" Did you look at every post you ever made?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
From my experience Truth is:

A measurement of all things that was, is and will be that include all data on and views of what beings think.

It includes within itself data on all views that are simplification of the real measurement encoded in real time. To lose simplification and false subjective views a truth seeker will constantly measure what is with more complexity so that simplifications fall away and objectivity increases.

There are right answers and wrong answers. Relativism is just people being lazy not wanting to develop measuring skills/knowledge.
edit on 21-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yeah, I know there's a bill
And it's gonna make it's way somehow
With an excuse and a bow
I'll be paying it now

I got run over by truth one day
Didn't see the red light
Since the accident I've walked this way
I only did what felt right

But from this day on
It's either grow or pay
Grow or pay
'Cause I got run over by truth one day

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Did you ever try to approach someone with, " My subjective view on reality ?" Instead of " This is reality"

Your error/confusion is your inability to experience that they are one and the same thing!
'This' IS Reality.
Whether you like it or not, but I'm willing to eat my shorts if you can prove otherwise, either logically or scientifically!

And you know what has me grinning, is that as you advised me to open my posts with " " My subjective view on reality ?" Instead of " This is reality"", you neglected to follow your own advice.
Yet you come bearing "your" reality, and suggesting that I just download 'your' file.

I notice that you have yet, in this post, to specifically air what is the Real problem?
Perhaps 'you' don't even know why you feel compelled to say this, but my 'manners' can't 'reeeally' be the problem, here.
Whatever I said that so offends you, I'm willing to elucidate and, if you raise a good point, I'd be happy to update using your program (until better comes along...)! *__-

It is always assumed that the words from anyone are their ('subjective', if you must) Perspectives of the same One Reality.
I offer my experience, that is Knowledge that one cannot imbibe from reading about something.
I do not need to pussyfoot when I speak, like everyone, it is Truth/Reality (obviously, not all of it)!

If you've been reading me, you must also have stumbled on this;

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

There is no "in my opinion' necessary, until you can offer anything at all in refutation.

And the weirdest quote you make as a statement is;" "The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!" Did you look at every post you ever made?

And the ad-hominem, and completely vague (safety in being vague, I guess) 'attack'(?) continues.

An unasked for lesson that I'll offer in the same humor is, if you want to discuss something with me, you will have to be specific.
Rationally, if it were about 'manners', you'd simply avoid contacting me.
I cannot 'defend' against an 'invisible' complaint.
I am here because I am willing to take the time to share and answer honest respectful questions.
Logically, it is fallacious to attempt to 'discredit' me, personally, ... the Reality remains that, in a rational, logical philosophical discussion, none of that refutes anything that I have said (unless I claimed to be Virtuous and Honest and pretty and.. etc...), but you'd still need to make and prove a point.

"In my subjective opinion" (for you this once), my 'experience' (Knowledge) is that I feel and express gratitude that you took the time to think of me and share...
Always willing to chat
Peace *__-

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You could hade just Said aesthetics instead of posting your own subjective thoughts

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

You could hade just Said aesthetics instead of posting your own subjective thoughts

Anything that anyone says is "posting [their] own (Perspective of) 'subjective' thoughts"!

And, no, we 'could not (have)' ever said/say or done/do anything any differently then as we do!
That's why what is, is.
There are no options to Reality!

You still haven't offered what I said with which you disagree.
The topic is Truth, to which I responded with a Universally applicable definition with which you obviously disagree.
Feel free to 'bring it on' and stop this puerile attack.

Though you are still being generous enough to offer me lessons on how to be me, they won't work, I'm a dullard.
Now, do we have a discussion, or not? *__-

new topics

top topics

join