It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California withdraws request allowing illegal immigrants Obamacare access

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ahead of the election, California anticipated a Clinton victory and sent a letter the the U.S. HHS asking to allow illegal immigrants to buy Obama.Care policies.

Of course they could have bought policies but get no subsidies.

Now that Trump won, they have decided to withdraw the request.

Wonder why ?

This article also has some info about the "Jerry-mandering" going on with "the California books".

In the tense political maneuvering between California’s progressive representatives and the Trump administration, our state may have just blinked first.

The repeal and replacement of Obamacare has been one the most consistent promises of President Donald Trump during his successful campaign. And, controlling illegal immigration has been just about the biggest plank in Trump’s platform.

So, in the height of the general election campaign, our state’s politicians decided it would be a great idea to be the first state to offer Obamacare to illegal immigrants.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is an example of what's wrong in America. Why would illegal immigrants be allowed to have insurance. They are ILLEGAL, not a citizen. And people get mad that Trump wants to make sure people can't be there illegally...
edit on 20-1-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andrew778

I would agree.

Only morons don't understand more people with insurance is what makes it cheaper.

Can't wait for the uninsured future of America, just because partisan opinion rather than fact.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

I'm Canadian I'm quite happy with our Healthcare, it isn't designed to rape us for money. Obamacare is a joke. It will never be cheaper if more people get it. Your system is for profit, open your eyes
edit on 20-1-2017 by andrew778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andrew778
It will never be cheaper if more people get it.

No, this blatantly wrong, against facts and generally mathematics and completely how insurance companies work and even succeed. Obamacare barely had 10% subscribers, comparing this to Canada is ludicrous.

If 'few' people were needed for insurance to work, why wouldn't people just fork out thousands of dollars cash to pay for their own things?

Because obviously that's really expensive. More people = More subsidy pool = cheaper deductibles and payments.

Your healthcare system doesn't have nearly the same financial structure, it's not the healthcare act, it's the entire economy that's different. 25% of Canadian healthcare is privately paid for.

Unless you want to give me a valid reason less people would equal more money, the issue is the same, not enough people.
edit on 20-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Sorry man i just cant agree with getting FINED at the end of the year because i dont want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for insurance.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

it`s obvious why they withdrew it,
California doesn`t want the government to get the names and addresses of all the illegals who would apply for obamacare because they would get deported.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great post xuenchen, S+F.

This kind of news is what convinces me that Trump is seriously going to revamp the ACA.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

They are Afraid Santa Trump Will be Checking that List Twice for Undesirables.......Hell Yeah !

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

Sorry man i just cant agree with getting FINED at the end of the year because i dont want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for insurance.

The fact is, if you crashed your car at any point in that year without it, Obamacare covered you anyway. That's why you were fined. They don't care about pre-existing conditions, and the best place to sign people up is the emergency room because of this.

If you were in a comma, you would wake up with Obamacare, and it covering your care. It's much different than being fined for having 'no insurance' and people being turned away, the fact is, it's always been available to use for you, and others, and this is why it was expensive.

If people pre-maturely signed up for the care(not some 10% subscriber BS) you know, like a real subsidy pool of 50% of Americans or something, then the payments would be adequate.

As much as EVERYONE COMPLAINED Obama's team produced projections-to-subscribers that remain 100% accurate to this day. The issue is people didn't act on the plan, and just like projected, the rates sucked.
edit on 20-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

it`s not a fine it`s a tax isn`t it?

they could get rid of the whole obamacare and just tax people for not having insurance and then use that money to pay for universal healthcare, after everyone has universal healthcare they could tax everyone to pay for it.isn`t that what other countries do?
of course the drawback with doing that would be the insurance companies wouldn`t get a cut of the money and would stop giving congressmen bribes.

edit on 20-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's interesting people.

For the simple FACT it was ILLEGAL to ask to begin with.

See the ACA DATAHUB.

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public.

www.usatoday.com...

Related Reading.

When shoppers apply for health insurance through the forthcoming state-based Obamacare exchanges, the online system will verify each applicant's information by pulling in data from more than half a dozen federal agencies ranging from the IRS to the Peace Corps. It will know who you are, how much money you make, and whether or not you're in the United States legally.

money.cnn.com...

Trump won.

Had Clinton won. She would have IGNORED the law.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You know what is ridiculous about so called "illegal immigrants"? They can get a social security # without a peep.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The fact is, if you crashed your car at any point in that year without it, Obamacare covered you anyway. That's why you were fined. They don't care about pre-existing conditions, and the best place to sign people up is the emergency room because of this.

If i crashed my car my PIP would cover any injuries. The problem is they are forcing people who cant afford it to pay. I make too much for substitutes and i make to little to afford it through my job.

Its not always sunshine for everyone. Some people it helped and some people it hurt just like every other policy implimented by anyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

it`s not a fine it`s a tax isn`t it?

they could get rid of the whole obamacare and just tax people for not having insurance and then use that money to pay for universal healthcare, after everyone has universal healthcare they could tax everyone to pay for it.isn`t that what other countries do?
of course the drawback with doing that would be the insurance companies wouldn`t get a cut of the money and would stop giving congressmen bribes.

Yes it is absolutely a tax sorry for the confusion. And i agree but dont you think everyone should pay their fair share?

I get taxed for not having it, then i pay the tax snd still do not have it and lower income family's dont get taxed a dime because they get it for free.

Sound logic if i took a 20% pay cut i would get it for free, but it would cost me 18% of my income to pay for it. (Not including the fact that id pay more in taxew and lose out on overall income.)

Its almost like its better to be poor than middle class.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: andrew778

I would agree.

Only morons don't understand more people with insurance is what makes it cheaper.

Can't wait for the uninsured future of America, just because partisan opinion rather than fact.

You don't understand, a benefit provided by the government must be a privilege given to citizens and legal residents.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you were in a comma, you would wake up with Obamacare, and it covering your care. It's much different than being fined for having 'no insurance' and people being turned away, the fact is, it's always been available to use for you, and others, and this is why it was expensive.

If people pre-maturely signed up for the care(not some 10% subscriber BS) you know, like a real subsidy pool of 50% of Americans or something, then the payments would be adequate.

As much as EVERYONE COMPLAINED Obama's team produced projections-to-subscribers that remain 100% accurate to this day. The issue is people didn't act on the plan, and just like projected, the rates sucked.

In all states except Nevada, if I don't sign-up for ACA by 1/31/17 at $1063 per month, I am ineligible to get insurance for the remainder of the year unless I am hired by a company with periodic enrollment periods, or, I have some other qualifying event occur such as marriage, divorce, the birth or adoption of a child, loss of other minimum essential coverage, or a permanent move to a new geographical area where the available health plans are different from what was available in your prior location.

Where are you getting your information that people in the ER can sign-up, or you can wake from a coma and have Obamacare? That is absurd.

On a positive note, President Trump took action today to lessen the regulatory burdens of the ACA. Hopefully that includes not brow-beating people like me for the penalty tax I face because I cannot afford $12,756 this year for my free, annual physical.

new topics

top topics

join