It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: the crowd at Donald Trump’s inauguration vs. Barack Obama’s

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That shows you how many people dreams were smashed by the last president that promised "change". He said all the right things and came from a responsible and "smart" lawyer background. Then instead of changing anything he doubled down on ALL the bad things the last preside did.

I don't blame people thinking Trump won't change anything. People like to check all the boxes before they make a decision. But then very view actually have an eye for talent. Many of those showed up this morning.

The ones that showed up for Obama and didn't show up for Trump were the ones that do exactly what the pretty face on TV tells them to do and they were told to boycott the election. Most people don't think for themselves anymore but it warms my heart to see at least there is some that still do.

You don't win any friends closing Trump over Hillary. Anyone I expressed excitement to today just scowled at me. They were told do that I knew they would do it. I'm not afraid of any crowd and neither is Trump.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The World has Always Turned it's Back on a Black Man who Never Got their Respect.......I don't Blame Him.....

edit on 20-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
See, some people think the aesthetic concept of more people means a "better" candidate, it does not.

en.wikipedia.org...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

They are also forgetting the "hype" surrounding BHO.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

See, some people think the aesthetic concept of more people means a "better" candidate, it does not.

Wasn't there a lot of noise about how yuge the crowds at Trump's rallies were?

You don't think Donald is a little miffed that more people showed up for Obama?

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

What does that tell us about our current POTUS?

This means your an idiot if your going to judge someone based on a crowd.

Guess who did it better?

HITLER

Obama goes down as the worst president the USA has had!
Obama, the longest wartime president in history.
Obama added the most debt 9+ trillion.
Iran Deal Obama signed that will end with that monstrous nation

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

They are also forgetting the "hype" surrounding BHO.

You got that right! Do we need to display the horrific 8-year statistics again?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Obama had more people. It's a highly democrat city on the left coast. A city and metro that exist solely for the establishment and big government. Trump didn't stand a chance.

Factoring in private sector workers are less likely to be able to get work off, trump voters are more likely to have jobs, factor in the distance D.C. is from flyover country.

Comparing Trump to G.W. Bush would be something that actually makes sense

Now if the ceremony was in Dallas, Indianapolis, columbus or Atlanta, a place where a lot of his voters are would make sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Phage, I don't think you can compare a local grassroots rally with a centralized political ceremony which really only seems to draw in the more extreme thinkers.

Example of one, I went to an early local rally almost a year ago. Only 200 miles from DC, I could have gone but would not endure it. It's also a case of Mission Accomplished, in my mind.

Joe and Sally Plumber are also there, but under the threat of violence from a myriad of freaks....it's a skip. Average people are sick of dealing with this Kabuki theater anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Chemicalbrother
Republicans have jobs to go to?

not til Monday

Today is Friday, is it not? A workday for most.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Not surprising as at the time the press were regularly making comparisons of Obama with Christ..

Google it, someone collected a number of examples. They even portrayed Obama as the coolest ever on Family Guy.. You couldn't get better publicity than Obama got. They were all grovelling and kissing his ass.. the black saviour. The liberal dream realized. Obama and his popularity was as corporate manufactured as the Spice Girls or the Backstreet Boys ever were.. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama actually had an extremely shady past.. They could have manufactured his whole identity, with their means they could probably pull it off. He may have been groomed for the job for a long time. May even be a clone or a MK-Ultra agent.

And now he'll go down as the worst president ever.. Hopefully if sanity prevails.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Well have you ever heard the phrase"You collect more bees with honey than with vinegar".

So maybe just the way Obama conducted himself allowed him to garner more respect from famous people and the press, compared to the way Trump conducts himself when he's in front of cameras.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

you are correct. Trump didn't use enough speechwriters and teleprompters. Along with that hypnotic speech pattern obama uses(say half a sentence, pause, half another sentence, pause), very fake.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What does that tell us about our current POTUS?

That people are happy and confident and stay home to watch it on TV.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe some people stayed away because they watch CNN and were scared.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Pausing at the end of each line on the teleprompter?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course they were miffed. They were blocked from getting in by protesters.

These are the security checkpoints blocked at the inauguration

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Because Dems thought it was a done deal and didnt vote or they were waiting on Clinton to explain to them "how to vote", Being from Mexico or having done social degrees at Uni where critical thinking is frowned upon.

Why dont you ask your Alien masters from your Avatar

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Oh look, he snapped a photo an hour or two before it started.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wrong. Clinton/Kaine rallies' crowds were organic.

Might I add that Trump hired extras to pose as supporters when he kicked off his presidential campaign. This dude is insanely lame on several levels.

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

They must have learned how to do that from the Clinton/Kaine rallies.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

loloololool

Talk about denial... Clintons rallies were empty and Kaine had to cancel one because no one showed up.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join