It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: the crowd at Donald Trump’s inauguration vs. Barack Obama’s

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
When all is said and done the inauguration crowd size is a moot point. We know the MSM will try to paint Trump in a bad light any chance they get. This is one of many reasons why most people have lost all faith in the MSM to accurately report the news. What really mattered most was the crowd size that passed through the ballot booth that voted for Trump.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
What really mattered most was the crowd size that passed through the ballot booth that voted for Trump.

Well, more people voted for Hillary.... another thing Trump has had a meltdown over!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There are a lot of tricky things people can do with photographs, the thing to do is check the real numbers. According to the numbers, Obama's 2009 inauguration had a record-breaking 1.8 million attendees. In 2013, he had 1 million. Bush had 300,000 people in 2001. Estimates by a crowd scientist have Trump's crowd pinpointed between 300,000 and 600,000 people.

I think Obama wins.
edit on 25pmWed, 25 Jan 2017 21:12:12 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why does this even matter?

Obama's inaugural was a historic moment, of course people are going to show up...and Washington DC is a democratic stronghold (actually that's an understatement). So, it stands to reason that his attendance numbers are going to be through the roof...and they were.

And?

Trumps were on a par, apparently, with every other President of the past few decades. Not to mention he's in a democratic stronghold (it bears repeating that this is an understatement), that going to effect the locals turning out, which they apparently did, though not in historic numbers.

And?

What does this have to do with anything, at all? It's like the claim "She won the popular vote". In the end, it means not very much at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Well, more people voted for Hillary.... another thing Trump has had a meltdown over!

More people NOT actual citizens. Obama telling illegals to vote and then you're considered a citizen I'm sure had nothing to do with Clinton's inflated vote totals. It makes liberal heads explode that Trump won without supposedly winning the popular vote. California alone has more than enough illegals to skew the popular vote in her favor. Once again it's all a moot point, lets just sit back and enjoy the next EIGHT years.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I think Obama wins.

Yeah, I think so too: the worst pres in history award and the biggest loser trophy.

Good riddance to Mr. community organizer. Maybe now he can go back to the hood and help his old buddy Rahm fix the cesspool known as Chicago.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
CNN's mega pixel photo showed it full all the way to the Washington monument.

Deceptive.

No it didn't...You can still see the white gaps...they just appear thinner the lower the camera angle..Drop the camera 10 feet lower and it would look even more full!

I think you're full of it. The crowd went all the way back to the Washington Monument and that's the only place it started thinning out.

The empty-ish mall photo was taken earlier, and it was used to mislead and deceive.

Also, given the global reach of the event, it's entirely possible that there were more total viewers than any previous inauguration.

I don't think this was handled well by Spicer, who should have put up a better fight.

The half empty mall photo was a misrepresentation of the crowd that was actually present at the time of the inauguration.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Why does this even matter?

It matters a lot to Trump, also to his little trumpets!

All due to his Narcissistic personality disorder, he must be the best, have the most etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It matters a lot to Trump, also to his little trumpets!

All due to his Narcissistic personality disorder, he must be the best, have the most etc.

Hey Bruce I could give a crap about crowd size or popular vote totals.

The guy has accomplished more in THREE days than Obama did during his entire last term. THAT'S what matters.

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So, I guess we can't believe our lying eyes anymore, right?

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

I cannot believe that a conspiracy theory community has fallen to literal idol worship and cult of celebrity. The pictures and time lapses are clear. The sizes were different. The Obama inauguration featured a larger crowd by far because it was a rare, historic event. The Trump inauguration crowd was on par with the other non-Obama inaugurations.

Here, the issue is not the crowd size, but the willingness of individuals who we call our countrymen to turn off their own visual and critical thinking centers of the brain to follow what the President says simply because he's "My Guy". I give one simple warning: This is idol worship.

Trump can be wrong and supported at the same time. Adults are allowed to hold complex, nuanced policy values that allow them to support an individual in part but not in whole. You all should not be bending over to support lies just because you support the man. Take a second, take a breath, and take the truth.

Trump lied about the inauguration size, the popular vote issue, and a few others matters. That doesn't imply that any of your support should go out of the window unless you care about Presidents with integrity
Sorry for that last parting shot, but almost 33% of posters in the thread bought it.

Our jobs are to be critical and skeptical, and we cannot do that if we adopt the habit of ignoring the blatant, visible truth in favor of Presidential rhetoric amounting to lies.

Perspective, people, it's important:
gfycat.com...
www.youtube.com...

No one is intelligent enough to avoid gaslighting. We are all subject to authoritarian psychological tricks, especially if we supported the regime in the first place. However, as a community of diverse minds, we can overcome and see the truth. Do not allow Trump to gaslight you, even if you are a supporter.

Keep the your skepticism high in regards to whatever a public official (which Trump is now) at the highest levels, at all times.

I believe in you, ATS. You can do this.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
The guy has accomplished more in THREE days than Obama did during his entire last term.

Care to show exactly what he has accomplished?

Remember, just signing EO's does not actually count as accomplishing anything....

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Keep the your skepticism high in regards to whatever a public official (which Trump is now) at the highest levels, at all times.

Good points made in your post. Let's also keep our skepticism level high in regards to what the MSM tries to spoon feed us, at all times.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Care to show exactly what he has accomplished?

Remember, just signing EO's does not actually count as accomplishing anything....

Come on man, just take a look at the ATS new topics page and scroll down. It's all there for you to read, if you care to.

You need to do some research before you automatically default into denial mode.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Why does it not actually count as anything? Killing the TPP was an accomplishment in many peoples eyes.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Seems to matter a lot to you, as well.

Are you a trump fan-boi, too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The big difference is that Obama was a black president in a black city, rightly the numbers would be huge.

Expressing this puts me in mind of Regional Studies, where the "relative attractiveness" of a thing, like a shopping mall, is factored against the travel time. So, it's obvious that people will travel farther to get to a bigger nicer shopping mall.

Here, if you have X number of people traveling just a subway ride or a short carpool drive to go to a relatively attractive Obama inauguration, you can view the Trump inauguration in perspective, a great(er) number of people traveled far(ther) on average to attend an event that was relatively all the MORE attractive to the average American....not already living in DC Metro.

Even if the total number was lower than Obama, I don't see anything that shows a weakness, if anything it's a strong turnout. Trump voters turned out for rallys and on election day. These people dodged protesters all along and what was an intense threat of violence to go to the event.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The inauguration was at noon on a Friday.... Of course Trump's crowd was smaller. A majority of his supporters were at work!

Obama's supporters were all at his inauguration with their hands out.

Case closed.
edit on 26-1-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

that makes sense, the beggars won't get nuffin out my mate Trump

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

A couple of the entrances were successfully blocked off by George Soros Commies. If you look at the gigapixel to the left. YOu will see massive lines of people still trying to get in even as the inauguration has begun. A lot of people couldn't get in. Trump crowd is bigger than OBama if you factor in the numbers from the metro etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Indigo5

A couple of the entrances were successfully blocked off by George Soros Commies.

Delusion or dishonesty.

If you look at the gigapixel to the left. YOu will see massive lines of people still trying to get in even as the inauguration has begun.

Those people are not waiting in line. The chose that vantage point rather than the National Mall. That is normal for inaugurations.

Trump crowd is bigger than OBama if you factor in the numbers from the metro etc.

Metro numbers
Metro Ridership:
11am, 1/20/17 = 193k Trump
11am 1/20/13 = 317k, Obama
11am 1/20/09 = 513k, Obama
11am 1/20/05 = 197k) Bush
#wmata

Sean Spicer, Trump's Press secretary has fully acknowledged he had false/inaccurate/"Alternative facts" metro numbers initially and that the above numbers are correct.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join