It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: the crowd at Donald Trump’s inauguration vs. Barack Obama’s

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is my manner of speaking. It has always been my manner of speaking. Most of the time I try to preface my comments with this very fact but meh, I forgot.

Though, the fact that you had to include that second sentence tells me my words had some type of an effect on you. To the point where you had to type that out to remind yourself your opinion means more

I would do great in oratory and public speaking. Maybe I should run for president in 2020. I already have my slogan. That's all you need right? A slogan? Oh, and a hat.

Either way, your opinion is respected. But I still think it was a piece of crap speech, akin to a Dr Seuss throwaway. Rhetoric was negative; oratorical flare was lacking as I said before, and the tone and rhythm sounded of an angry man verbally abusing his wife.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

the speech was angry, a bit like the people who voted for him, your response is angry.... often we hate in others the thing we hate of ourselves. One thing Trump has done is, he has made more people question the establishment, and now he has to live in that ivory tower, if he does'nt make progress then he will be a total failure, and the thing that drives him will be tarnished, his ego. I'm betting he will deliver change on the road to progression, but i am an optimist. Although i am not driven by an agenda, too many of you people would rather see him fail, to win an argument. You wont get behind someone even if they are giving you a better life, now that's the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I want him to prove us all wrong and make great decisions! He CAN redeem himself still.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Davg80

I want him to prove us all wrong and make great decisions! He CAN redeem himself still.

You mean to prove some of you wrong...
For many there is also no need for him to 'redeem' himself as he has done nothing wrong.
He DOES, however, need to deliver and there will be no passes handed out if he fails.
edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

True, he can never redeem himself for mocking a disabled guy and bragging about being with married women and grabbing pussy, but...I hope for the best.

He IS a democrat you know, so he could make some pretty awesome decisions. All he wants is his ego stroked and to go down in history as a golden American...

His decisions will be big...hoping for universal healthcare.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

Justin Bieber is more popular than Miles Davis. What does that say about Miles Davis?

Miles Davis is older?

Or worse, our political awareness and musical tastes are
connected at a place that would get me banned... and
they are continuing to mutate. Well SOME of us...
I'd resurrect some pretty angry ancestors to pan Miles.
Beib not so much.

Back to our regularly scheduled OP... and the mega-noise.
The MSM and the puppet masters sure did hit the right
fire button on the Don. It's of some comfort to me that
the guy just may have a fragile enough ego to be visibly
effected by something as trivial as local attendance. On
the other hand, he's about ten times as visible now as
the POTUS than just a candidate. He'll mellow out too..
or pay a personal price for staying cranky.

Others around have said the crowd size would have been
different in the heartland, instead of on a vacation day in
FedVille. I think last Friday the people that voted for Trump
were filling their DVR's while they were at work: no change.
edit on 24-1-2017 by derfreebie because: self: let's maybe keep it on-thread

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

True, he can never redeem himself for mocking a disabled guy and bragging about being with married women and grabbing pussy, but...I hope for the best.

He IS a democrat you know, so he could make some pretty awesome decisions. All he wants is his ego stroked and to go down in history as a golden American...

Like I said, he doesn't need to redeem himself for things his enemies claim or are completely insignificant.
He is neither a democrat or a republican. That is a good thing.
I believe his decisions will be made with all Americans in mind, just like he said.
You finally have some hope that a President is actually going to do what he said and keep promises. Hold him to account if he does not, and let go of ridiculous and petty partisan concoctions.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I always have that hope, but he is still a proven liar and jacka##.

You are right that I need to let go of ridiculous and petty things, everyone does. But that does not make me have respect for don.

He's got a job, he needs to do it with or without my respect. Its not shocking that many people have NO respect for him, however, he still needs to do what he was elected for.

Just as it was not important that Bill had sexual relations in the whitehouse, it is not important that don likes to piss on hookers and grab pretty women by the pussy.

edit: on second thought, it IS an issue if he grabs pretty women by the pussy bc that is sexual assault, anyway, you get what I'm saying.
edit on 24-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

irrational is someone that actually believes they can be objective,

"Irrational" is someone that does not try and be objective

we are subjective,

Who is "we"?

and you believe that progress is what people should aspire to,

Yes. Better is better.

yet you vehemently protest against someone that aspires to this very thing.

To a large extent he campaigned on halting progress. The word "AGAIN" in "Make America Great Again" is worth pondering. It speaks to the past, not the future.

And all because you picked a side and you are loyal, good for you,

Inventing something about me for rhetorical convenience doesn't make it true or accurate.

but somebody has to be wrong, and only time will tell who.

As CSN used to sing...Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.

Clinton was a poor solution to improving the direction of this country.

Trump is a much, much worse solution.

Clinton was status qou.

Trump is going to reverse the slow progress we have made and worsen the economic circumstances for the very people that voted for him.

I don't say that out partisanship...Every objective economist and constitutional scholar has been waving the warning flags for months.

Yes, time will tell...but from where I sit we are moving from the frustratingly slow lane that was headed in the right direction...To a drunk, incompetent driver speeding the wrong direction on a one-way street.

I recommend a mental snap-shot of any measure, economic or otherwise, that is important to you...so you have something to measure Trumps "progress" by in 12 months..as for me? I am buying Gold...and I am not the only one recently.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hold him to account if he does not, and let go of ridiculous and petty partisan concoctions.

"ridiculous and petty partisan concoctions"

Are his entire platform. Ever browse his twitter feed?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Are you actually going to support any of that rant?
Just wondering...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Hold him to account if he does not, and let go of ridiculous and petty partisan concoctions.

Fake News.
His platform is pretty clear and makes sense to millions of people. You are just on the losing side of the argument so are shouting about it in the only way you seem to know how.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Fake News.
His platform is pretty clear and makes sense to millions of people. You are just on the losing side of the argument so shouting about it in the only way you seem to know how.

are you saying his personal twitter is fake news?

lol, you really need to start using "fake news" in the correct sense...not like Don does

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You are right that I need to let go of ridiculous and petty things, everyone does. But that does not make me have respect for don.

He's got a job, he needs to do it with or without my respect. Its not shocking that many people have NO respect for him, however, he still needs to do what he was elected for.

Just as it was not important that Bill had sexual relations in the whitehouse, it is not important that don likes to piss on hookers and grab pretty women by the pussy.

edit: on second thought, it IS an issue if he grabs pretty women by the pussy bc that is sexual assault, anyway, you get what I'm saying.

I get the angst.
I don't get the crazy destructive behaviour I am witnessing (I don't mean you)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Fake News.
His platform is pretty clear and makes sense to millions of people. You are just on the losing side of the argument so shouting about it in the only way you seem to know how.

are you saying his personal twitter is fake news?

lol, you really need to start using "fake news" in the correct sense...not like Don does

"Ridiculous and partisan concoctions are his entire platform" = Fake News. Happy to use it as a catch all term for propaganda and partisan ranting from those that are still upset at losing an election they were so invested in and so sure their choice for President would win.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I get the angst.

Crazy destructive behavior? Like the 3 or 4 libs who were destructive? The black guys who tortured a defenseless white boy and the girl who set fire to a trump-lovers hair?

I do not like it one bit either, and I do not get it. But that does not define the left. Just as nazi, alt-right behavior doe not define the right.

We may be completely opposite but on the same page here in that we both want don to succeed.

By succeed though, may be 2 separate ideas.

I do not want him to build a wall I do not want him to defund planned parent hood and I do NOT want him to repeal Obamacare without an acceptable working replacement.

I also do not want him to defund NASA or environmental agencies.

If he does all of these things he is a failure to me and a success to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Just wondering...

I don't know if there is one link that supports REALITY ITSELF...

Perhaps if you can be specific about something I said that you doubt?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Fake News.

Trump's twitter feed is fake news?...Not that I disagree...just kind of surprised at the admission by you.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just wondering...

I don't know if there is one link that supports REALITY ITSELF...

Perhaps if you can be specific about something I said that you doubt?

So your answer is no.
I guess we'll just leave your rant as a rant then.
Not surprised.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I get the angst.

Crazy destructive behavior? Like the 3 or 4 libs who were destructive? The black guys who tortured a defenseless white boy and the girl who set fire to a trump-lovers hair?

I do not like it one bit either, and I do not get it. But that does not define the left. Just as nazi, alt-right behavior doe not define the right.

We may be completely opposite but on the same page here in that we both want don to succeed.

By succeed though, may be 2 separate ideas.

I do not want him to build a wall I do not want him to defund planned parent hood and I do NOT want him to repeal Obamacare without an acceptable working replacement.

I also do not want him to defund NASA or environmental agencies.

If he does all of these things he is a failure to me and a success to you.

Not quite.

I don't want him to build a wall, but don't really care either way. The priority should be to secure the borders and implement immigration policy that ensures a growth in the required skill sets that will take the country forward and not increase the burden on welfare.

We agree that an alternative needs to be found for the ACA.

I want him to invest significantly in NASA and environmental agencies. On the environment the focus should be on tangible issues (like Flint) and also on Global Climate issues that can be addressed WITHOUT enriching corporations.

We're not that far apart on what we consider a success of failure.
Of course these are just a few of the criteria.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join