It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: the crowd at Donald Trump’s inauguration vs. Barack Obama’s

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The white patches on the national mall were in place to protect the grass. It was the first time they were used. Secondly the National park service placed restrictions they never did in the past which affected turn out.

Apparently, of all news outlets, the New York Times apparently called out the op photo comparison as well saying the disparity in the photo did not reflect the actual numbers of attendees.

If the NYT is calling out the photo you know something is wrong.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Secondly the National park service placed restrictions they never did in the past which affected turn out.

Restrictions like what exactly?

Apparently, of all news outlets, the New York Times apparently called out the op photo comparison as well saying the disparity in the photo did not reflect the actual numbers of attendees.

Link?
edit on 21-1-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Skip ahead to 1:23:40 mark

(post by YeshuaWarrior removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: YeshuaWarrior

Yep. Its been said

And dismissed.

If all you are going to do is whine about other people, how can you call them snowflakes?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

What does that tell us about our current POTUS?

You got a point since Trump is our first white president one would think there would be bigger crowds due to it being a monumental event. Also, most Republicans have work on Friday.....kind of tells you what the Liberals do on Friday and most likely every other day of the week.

Seems Obama's crowds got smaller over the years though...lol
edit on 21-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

What address can I send your handkerchief to?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Skip ahead to 1:23:40 mark

Nothing there about the New York Times apparently called out the op photo comparison as well saying the disparity in the photo did not reflect the actual numbers of attendees, as expected.

Just Trump's team having a whine and making excuses for less people being there!
Also a whine that the press are not fawning over Trump as he expects.

Looks like Trump's presidency will be just a series of whines about everyone/anything that Trump does not like!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

NYT - Inauguration, From Morning to Night

Looks like Trump's presidency will be just a series of whines about everyone/anything that Trump does not like!

funny I was thinking the same about the whining liberal left democrats who lost and cant accept reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
These photo comparisons show the effect of mass media and the waning power of the 1%...
They also show the level of security which has been employed to protect the biggest chance mankind has for a step in the right direction because hes in real danger...
But most of all the comparison shows the level of fear felt by people...
I'm not an American but I'm looking forward to a positive change that I believe President Trump will bring to the entire world...
If he can escape the shadow's dark grasp that is...

edit on 21-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

(post by fencesitter85 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
duplicate post removed
edit on Sat Jan 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

America and the constitution was formed based on God, were taking back from you atheists. Your time is over. Haha satan.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

and yet Clinton lost... She would have lost the primaries had they not been rigged for Clinton. Keep proving the point that the left are elitist snobs who look down on anyone they dont like and who doesnt agree with them.

I look forward to the left continually whining over the next 8 years instead of looking within and actually understand why they lost everything over the last 6 years. The Presidency, both house, the bulk of governorship's, the bulk of both state houses.

Cant blame the Russians or a vast right wing conspiracy for that although some democrats are trying to blame gerrymandering now, which is laughable yet continues to reinforce the fact they never take responsibility for their failures..

It is always someone elses fault... like redneck keyboard warriors according to you and the other unthinking liberals.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If the NYT is calling out the photo you know something is wrong.

Still googling...But the New York Times has this article which clearly supports the OP and with more pictures and estimates..

Trump’s Inauguration vs. Obama’s: Comparing the Crowds
www.nytimes.com...

Can't find the NYT article you mention?...

Have a link?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This was on CNN. Its a photo where you can zoom in. Looks pretty crowded to me.

Also, look over trumps left shoulder... Is that congressman Lewis?

CNN gigapixel

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishtruckie83
This was on CNN. Its a photo where you can zoom in. Looks pretty crowded to me.

Also, look over trumps left shoulder... Is that congressman Lewis?

CNN gigapixel

lol love that pic.. Its fun to play spot the secret service sharp shooters.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Have a link?

Sure do

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think this tells us... Nothing.

It tells me that its easy to get Democrats to show up for a Democrat president when DC routinely votes 90%+ Democrat AND when you've got Baltimore, also packed with Democrats, within what, maybe an hour drive, probably less? Philadelphia and NYC are also within reasonable driving distance and these are heavy on Democrats as well.

If we could hold each in, say, Oklahoma City, I think its rather likely that relative turnout would have been quite different.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Excuses, excuses..

The white ground covering bit is BS..

Spicer is claiming that the Obama Inaugural pic shows grass confused for people vs. the white ground flooring they laid to protect the grass this time. All anyone has to do is zoom in or examine the Obama pic to discern the difference between crowds and grass. And the white covering was designed for crowds to gather on top of...it was under the crowds that were present. It's actually easier and less messy than mud and grass.

Honestly boys...I don't really care about crowd sizes...I care that our President and his supporters DO CARE about crowd sizes...brag about them, lie about them...and are easily triggered when their BS about petty crowd sizes is exposed.

from the President's Press secretary all the way down to this OP...What I expected unfolded...BS excuses and defensiveness. The only right wing posts on this thread I agreed with were the "who cares" posts..

The answer to the question I asked about "What does this tell us about our current President?"...Nothing..But the fact that our current president is so petty that he needs to lie about the fact...THAT tells us a great deal.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join