It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can President Trump Stop Campaigning Now?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

The most current example is them not accepting his supreme court nomination AT ALL. They wait for a year for political reasons. Is that allowing effective government?

No, it's allowing for a strictly partisan government.

And that's always the most important issue.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump has psychological problems that prevent him from being able to stop. He has a mental inability to think of anything but himself. It's literally not possible for him (without medication) to stop acting the way he does.

how many times did trump refer to himself in his inauguration speech versus how many times obama talked about himself in his goodbye speech or really any speech lately? i mean im sorry but im not much of a trump fan but the delusional grasping at straws thats going on lately is beyond me and is really leaving me quite depressed about the state of many americans. ive watched it happen before in all our elections but this time its on a whole different level. i always thought whoever the author was that coined the phrase "liberalism is a mental disease" was completely full of crap but at this point, liberals themselves are making the case for that argument. put the shovel down

The inauguration is the place for the president to talk about his goals and ideas for the country. The farewell speech is for a president to talk about what he has done during his term and paint a picture of the future. The fact that Trump didnt talk about his plans and his ideas says a hell of a lot.

an inauguration speech doesnt have to be about what he plans to do, hes been doing that for over a year while campaigning. if u dont know what his goals are by now youve had your head buried in the sand. just for fun, why dont u go back and listen to obamas first inaugural speech. he in no way talks about any of his plans for his presidency. its just a longer more flowery speech that is promoting the same thing, Hope for a better tomorrow from this point forward. like i said liberals are grasping at straws.

So... Talking about changing our energy policy in the first 3 min of the speech to combat not only climate change and focus on domestic energy isn't talking about policy?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump has psychological problems that prevent him from being able to stop. He has a mental inability to think of anything but himself. It's literally not possible for him (without medication) to stop acting the way he does.

how many times did trump refer to himself in his inauguration speech versus how many times obama talked about himself in his goodbye speech or really any speech lately? i mean im sorry but im not much of a trump fan but the delusional grasping at straws thats going on lately is beyond me and is really leaving me quite depressed about the state of many americans. ive watched it happen before in all our elections but this time its on a whole different level. i always thought whoever the author was that coined the phrase "liberalism is a mental disease" was completely full of crap but at this point, liberals themselves are making the case for that argument. put the shovel down

The inauguration is the place for the president to talk about his goals and ideas for the country. The farewell speech is for a president to talk about what he has done during his term and paint a picture of the future. The fact that Trump didnt talk about his plans and his ideas says a hell of a lot.

an inauguration speech doesnt have to be about what he plans to do, hes been doing that for over a year while campaigning. if u dont know what his goals are by now youve had your head buried in the sand. just for fun, why dont u go back and listen to obamas first inaugural speech. he in no way talks about any of his plans for his presidency. its just a longer more flowery speech that is promoting the same thing, Hope for a better tomorrow from this point forward. like i said liberals are grasping at straws.

So... Talking about changing our energy policy in the first 3 min of the speech to combat not only climate change and focus on domestic energy isn't talking about policy?

in a super vague way and i was hoping youd point that out so i could point out how you are ignoring what u dont want to hear such as, bringing jobs back to america, making better deals and ending the bad deals such as nafta and tpp. like i said your grasping at straws just cause u dont like the guy. on top of that obama ran on the slogan of "change". i had this conversation with many people at the time of how brilliant that slogan was. not cause it means anything but because every person in america who hears it would attribute the ideas of what they wanted changed to that slogan. good bad whatever.
edit on 22-1-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join