It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can President Trump Stop Campaigning Now?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Most of the USA? You mean most of California?

Trump won the popular vote in more states across the USA than Hillary, which is why he won. Clinton only got the popular vote because of California...

So who are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I'm still trying to figure out if that is John Travolta from 20 years ago wearing the red MAGA hat right above Trump.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is "tribal" the new favorite word of the Left? Helen Mirren used this term referring to Brexit. This seems to be their word for getting our sovereignty back from the Borderless One World Government.
But some people will find anything they can to criticize. Its meaningless dribble, Progressive opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

1. hindsight is 20/20. If this was Germany in the early 1900's, and Hitler was compared to another dictator because someone saw the parallels, the same argument would be made given what was known at the time. But it still happened.

2. The snowflake joke is such a faux pas. Trump's feelings are hurt by everything that he has to remind everyone why they were hurt. Then, his base comes out and has to defend him and say "it's sooo unfair to talk to him about that." That is exactly what a snowflake is.
edit on 21-1-2017 by bananasam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Fake news.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
I do not feel that Obama was in Campaign mode as much as he needed to explain to the american people the troubles he had doing almost anything with an republican dominated congress.

The most current example is them not accepting his supreme court nomination AT ALL. They wait for a year for political reasons. Is that allowing effective government?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Trump has psychological problems that prevent him from being able to stop. He has a mental inability to think of anything but himself. It's literally not possible for him (without medication) to stop acting the way he does.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump has psychological problems that prevent him from being able to stop. He has a mental inability to think of anything but himself. It's literally not possible for him (without medication) to stop acting the way he does.

how many times did trump refer to himself in his inauguration speech versus how many times obama talked about himself in his goodbye speech or really any speech lately? i mean im sorry but im not much of a trump fan but the delusional grasping at straws thats going on lately is beyond me and is really leaving me quite depressed about the state of many americans. ive watched it happen before in all our elections but this time its on a whole different level. i always thought whoever the author was that coined the phrase "liberalism is a mental disease" was completely full of crap but at this point, liberals themselves are making the case for that argument. put the shovel down
edit on 22-1-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

how many times did trump refer to himself in his inauguration speech versus how many times obama talked about himself in his goodbye speech or really any speech lately? i mean im sorry but im not much of a trump fan but the delusional grasping at straws thats going on lately is beyond me and is really leaving me quite depressed about the state of many americans. ive watched it happen before in all our elections but this time its on a whole different level. i always thought whoever the author was that coined the phrase "liberalism is a mental disease" was completely full of crap but at this point, liberals themselves are making the case for that argument. put the shovel down

The inauguration is the place for the president to talk about his goals and ideas for the country. The farewell speech is for a president to talk about what he has done during his term and paint a picture of the future. The fact that Trump didnt talk about his plans and his ideas says a hell of a lot.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
People are scared thus irrational because he didn't follow the usual post-election script when the show is over and the item dissolves into the system.
Mr. T is an authentic and rational solar plexus man. The Sun. He will stay in the red-mode as long as anything resists his bright vision. If there is a wood he will burn. Be in the same team and you'll enjoy the heat around the fireplace circle. Try to resist and divide the country in a non-constructive way and you'll suffer.
The light of the Sun makes the Moon shine with female beauty. Without it it's a dark place. We have seen how dark and rotten and lunatic it can become.
As long as he can see and admire rationality in others there's nothing to worry about.
As long as he can see and admire rationality in others there's nothing to worry about.
Let's support (t)his bright vision. It's time. You knew what you are buying. You were ill so you rushed into the pharmacy for a strong cure. Or your brother did. As long as you support the vision he is your servant because he became one with the vision.
He is alpha now. It is what it is. It has some tribal rules. You can be a supportive woman, a supportive beta male or shemale whatever or a tribal outsider (not necessarily) an enemy.

edit on 22/1/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: enhanced of supportive vision

edit on 22/1/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Or your brother did.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

The inauguration is the place for the president to talk about his goals and ideas for the country. The farewell speech is for a president to talk about what he has done during his term and paint a picture of the future. The fact that Trump didnt talk about his plans and his ideas says a hell of a lot.

an inauguration speech doesnt have to be about what he plans to do, hes been doing that for over a year while campaigning. if u dont know what his goals are by now youve had your head buried in the sand. just for fun, why dont u go back and listen to obamas first inaugural speech. he in no way talks about any of his plans for his presidency. its just a longer more flowery speech that is promoting the same thing, Hope for a better tomorrow from this point forward. like i said liberals are grasping at straws.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not that I'm a Trumpboy, but why should he? Why is it Okay for one side to do something but not the other? President Obama NEVER stopped campaigning, or playing golf.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree that he is being very hyberbolic in regards to the popularity of his "movement", and I agree with you that he has to move into action mode ("Where's the Beef®" / "Show Me the Money ™") but I think they all do the same thing to some degree when they ascend the throne.

They're essentially lobbying for public support. Remember Bush and his "clear mandate" in 2004 (apparently derived from receiving roughly half of the votes?)

If anything, any incoming president has to continue campaigning, but the "mode" needs to shift. He needs to demonstrate successes in order to gain public support. Without strong public support, a President gets nothing from the opposing party in Congress.

If Trump wants to get anything of substance done, he's going to need more support than most, as neither party's members of Congress want to do things like disengaging from involvement in foreign wars, or ending trade agreements which harm US workers.

You're right, he needs to switch off of straight "campaign" mode, but if he doesn't continue campaigning, with a healthy dose of winning actions, the only things he'll ever get done are those things the establishment wants.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Obama does not suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Trump clearly does. He's got a real psychological problem that makes him completely unfit. And his supporters that don't see it... it does not speak well about them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

...sooo... You're saying Trump is like a pharaoh - a God-king? Maybe, just maybe, we ought to ease up on the worship just a bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Obama never quit campaigning. He even did all he could to drag Dead Horse Hillary across the finish line.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Obama looks more like Hitler than Trump does. Just take a look at those ears, as for the similarities they've both killed people, there's really no comparison.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

In such a presidential system yes, it's kinda temporary king,
but cooperation and support is not a worship. A divided country is a failed country. You may need to digest what I wrote in context. I use to boil it down.
It happens when we skip the whole paragraphs while thinking we've got the idea and a weak point and we are ready to respond.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Obama does not suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Trump clearly does. He's got a real psychological problem that makes him completely unfit. And his supporters that don't see it... it does not speak well about them.

im not saying trump doesnt but the fact u dont see it with obama aswell says something. he also is in love with himself

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join