It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can President Trump Stop Campaigning Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Coming from the camp that spent 8 years trying every trick in their book to de-legitmize Obama including clinging to a conspiracy theory all the way up until the 2016 election your words ring rather hallow. I do believe I could give a flying fart about your opinion on how I look as well. If you don't like it, you can take it up with the 1st Amendment.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it doesn`t matter how popular or unpopular he is, he is the president now and everyone will have to live by the rules and laws his administration adopts.
if saying he isn`t one of the cool kids and isn`t popular will make you feel less oppressed for the next 8 years then by all means continue,but I must say it makes you look childish and desperate.

It doesn't matter if nobody likes him, he makes the rules? That would seem to be at odds with the whole "giving the power back to the people" shtick.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

it doesn`t matter how popular or unpopular he is, he is the president now and everyone will have to live by the rules and laws his administration adopts.
if saying he isn`t one of the cool kids and isn`t popular will make you feel less oppressed for the next 8 years then by all means continue,but I must say it makes you look childish and desperate.

It doesn't matter if nobody likes him, he makes the rules? That would seem to be at odds with the whole "giving the power back to the people" shtick.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Apparently you didn't understand this with my last post so I'll spell it out clearer to you. I don't care about your false equivalence comparison between a President and a non-President.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's a picture shown on .... wait for it ..........

Russian TV.

That's some serious trigger material!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He should advocate for his ideas. That's not the same as falsely claiming popular support from a "historic movement" though is it?

He did. He reiterated that he isn't a flip-flopper like that last guy.

And, imo, it was a historic movement: Citizens rejecting the ugly & duplicitous propaganda of the MSM and a firm commitment in changing the awful corruption that spawned it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

You CAN'T be serious with that photo comparison? It's almost like you just can't admit that Obama was more popular than Trump going into his Presidency.

Ha ha, what a butt hurt!!

I had no dog in the fight, but I know what a nightmare Hillary would have been. You can't see that? Maybe you should look harder. And by that I don't mean getting a tattoo and your head shaved.

Another poster bizarrely bringing up Hillary. For someone "with no dog in the fight" why are you even talking about Hillary in the first place? Last I checked the election ended in November. So # Hillary. Clearly Trump supporters cannot speak negatively about Dear Leader, so how about using some brain power and think of a new way to distract from the topic at hand why don't you?
edit on 20-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did you all see the Millenials smashing up the shop fronts with hammers and metal bars at today's inauguration?? Did you see the downtown cops using pepper spray on the poor old loves at today's inauguration?

Did you see the Republican supporters undertaking similar acts or the police resorting to using pepper spray in 2009 and 2013?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

You CAN'T be serious with that photo comparison? It's almost like you just can't admit that Obama was more popular than Trump going into his Presidency.

Ha ha, what a butt hurt!!

I had no dog in the fight, but I know what a nightmare Hillary would have been. You can't see that? Maybe you should look harder. And by that I don't mean getting a tattoo and your head shaved.

Another poster bizarrely bringing up Hillary. For someone "with no dog in the fight" why are you even talking about Hillary in the first place? Last I checked the election ended in November. So # Hillary. Clearly Trump supporters cannot speak negatively about Dear Leader, so how about using some brain power and think of a new way to distract from the topic at hand why don't you?

If you are protesting Trump so vehemently then you would have preferred Hillary to be POTUS, surely?

After all, she was the only alternative, again, look a bit harder.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Regardless of whether or not he changes gears, has a reality check, or is supported by his voters; Trump is the president. He will remain so for at least four years unless he does something incredibly illegal or dies. Calm yourself. Unless you plan to take action of some kind other than ranting, moaning and bellyaching; it's time to deal with it, accept it, and move on. Circulating your opinion doesn't change anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ass wipe going to occupy the withe house
God helps us all

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Popularity contests are fitting for highschool, but not so much for people who reside outside of the bubble. The majority of people believed the Earth was the center of the universe. In time, it turned out they were mistaken.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Because we want to burn her at the stake legally...I thought you knew?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Did you all see the Millenials smashing up the shop fronts with hammers and metal bars at today's inauguration?? Did you see the downtown cops using pepper spray on the poor old loves at today's inauguration?

Did you see the Republican supporters undertaking similar acts or the police resorting to using pepper spray in 2009 and 2013?

I did. I think 99% of people on the left wish they'd stop doing it. I say stop doing it because it's a common occurrence at any large predominately left protests for small groups of anarchists and antifas protesters to show up and wreck s#. It's wrong, its counterproductive and it's not something that I most people on the left support.

Pepper spray em, lock em up. What they're doing is criminal. You're not going to get any argument from me nor will you get anu argument from most any of the lefties on ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott

Regardless of whether or not he changes gears, has a reality check, or is supported by his voters; Trump is the president. He will remain so for at least four years unless he does something incredibly illegal or dies. Calm yourself. Unless you plan to take action of some kind other than ranting, moaning and bellyaching; it's time to deal with it, accept it, and move on. Circulating your opinion doesn't change anything.

I'm perfectly calm? Have I said anything to the contrary? I like "circulating my opinion" which might explain the whole posting on an Internet forum thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Popularity contests are fitting for highschool, but not so much for people who reside outside of the bubble. The majority of people believed the Earth was the center of the universe. In time, it turned out they were mistaken.

No, they were always mistaken. Where was I arguing that popular opinions were always right? Never?

Ironically that does seem to be sort of argument that Trump is making which is why he feels the need to keep overstating his popularity. I'm simply refuting his popular mandate delusion.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nope,it`s your turn to put up with the campaigning,just like the rest of us did for the last 8 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Let's not forget that he lost the popular vote by nearly three million votes.

President Trump predicted a couple weeks ago that he was "going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration." He's in desperate need of a reality check.

They didn't fill up as much as the Trumpets thought they would?

Obama's second inauguration crowd still eclipses Trump's first.

you just can't admit that Obama was more popular than Trump going into his Presidency

all those Kremlin troll farm Twitter followers couldn't exactly flood the National Mall.

Oh no, Trump is finished. How will he ever recover?

Donald J Trump is now the 45th President of the United States of America.

7 years and 364 more days.

link   
*Maybe, we've been succesfully lulled into highschool mode of thinking ..

*not me !! YOU! the others ...

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I did. I think 99% of people on the left wish they'd stop doing it. I say stop doing it because it's a common occurrence at any large predominately left protests for small groups of anarchists and antifas protesters to show up and wreck s#. It's wrong, its counterproductive and it's not something that I most people on the left support.

Pepper spray em, lock em up. What they're doing is criminal. You're not going to get any argument from me nor will you get anu argument from most any of the lefties on ATS.

I know and neither was I looking for an argument.

Idiots are idiots, there's nothing you can do, but they brought the tools to do the damage. Occupying the downtown police, whilst something nefarious could have occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join