It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian SU-27 mysteriously vanished from radar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
CIA DOC0005517758

July 25th, 2000,

As a Russian SU-27 goes out for a planned mission and the Russian air force are still in contact with their SU-27 on the 24th, as the plane seems to fly at an altitude of 7,500 meters they apparently lost contact on the 25th. As they started an extensive search with aircraft and helicopters even with men on the ground, they can't find the missing plane. Also, the search had been trouble by a cyclone at the last known location. The remote East defense site seems to have one strange fact, which a UFO had sided at the crash. But they never found any debris nor the beacon was found, that could indicate where the pilot could have ditched or crashed.

Note: this video has nothing to do with the CIA report just a video that I found ( probably hoaxed), but it gives a sense of how the encounter could take place.

So the CIA seemed to have the interest in this story and also the mysteriousness of how this could happen.
It seems the Russians lose SU-27s a lot like this one 0n 15.01.2010 where a Russian Air Force Su-27 Flanker fighter jet which has been reported missing in the Khabarovsk Territory. Apparently, they found debris so we can presume they found it. From a Sputnik article back in 2010.

edit on 0b55America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 14:48:55 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 14:48:55 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

There is something bogus here. The document is supposedly dated from year 2000, while the crash of a SU-27 as you describe it happened in 2010.
For the sputnik article you linked, they did found the wreckage a little bit later :

Wreckage of Su-27 fighter found in Russia's Far East
edit on 20-1-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be aliens?

Wouldnt it be more logical that an anti radar defense was switched on?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Your right, its confusing but I changed it.

a reply to: ColaTesla

Seems that the CIA was investigating this and described that there was a UFO involved ? But the fact that the Russians report a UFO at the crash site and a sudden cyclone starts to obstruct the search party looks strange to me too..
edit on 0b58America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 14:53:58 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 14:53:58 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So the CIA seemed to have the interest in this story and also the mysteriousness of how this could happen.
The CIA would certainly be interested in Russian assets. As far as "mysteriousness" goes, the text is a quote from the Russian military newspaper.

But the fact that the Russians report a UFO at the crash site and a sudden cyclone starts to obstruct the search party looks strange to me too..
What makes you think it was "sudden?" You aren't thinking it's a tornado, are you?

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

After a second look, the CIA document has been declassified in May 2000.
The crash of the plane must have taken place in the summer of 1992 as the document (which appears to be nothing but a Russian press release of the time) is dated 8 August 1992.

I think this is the plane in question : ASN

edit on 20-1-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well it sounded like another Sudden setback that they couldn't resume the search for the airplane.

Maybe it all blew away with cyclone. .

a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I was searching for that date ,probably oversee that date thanks for the correcting that..

edit on 0b25America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 15:04:25 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 15:04:25 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A cyclone is a tropical storm. Perhaps it was the cause of the disappearance (crash).

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If it was quoted text from the Russians , why using the word UFO and mysterious fact!

They seem to be sure about it then?
edit on 0b53America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 15:15:53 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 15:15:53 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If it was quoted text from the Russians , why using the word UFO mysterious fact!
The transmission specifies the source and says it was in Russian, meaning it was translated to English (hard to say how accurately). Read the header.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Are you assuming that the translated text contains faults and that the translator didn't know how to translate the Russian word НЛО for UFO?

Hmm odd...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm not assuming anything except that the text is a translation from a Russian newspaper article like the header says it is.

UFO is not a word, it's an acronym. Does that Russian acronym stand for Unidentified Flying Object?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ohh Phage you always find the exit of the maze..

But seriously why is it that the CIA denies they register can I say study "?" UFO acronymic cases and due to the freedom of information have to release dozens of files reporting the UFO phenomenon, but continously still denying that they actually find them to interesting to store them into their data bases?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Do you think they should delete everything with the acronym UFO in it?

As I said, the CIA has good reason to monitor any news about foreign military assets.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As I said, the CIA has good reason to monitor any news about foreign military assets.

Foreign affairs I understand, but Betty and Barney hill I don't?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not all cyclones are tropical storms, there are midlatitude and upper-latitude cyclones that occur. These are the storms that will typically bring snow in the winter and are usually bigger than a tropical cyclone. All cyclones have the ability to rapidly intensify in the right environment, this is called RI(Rapid Intensify) in Tropical cyclones, and Bombing or Bombogenesis for Mid and Upper-latitude cyclones(Extra-tropical cyclone). However, if this was in the Summer, especially during the hottest period, Extra-tropical Cyclones tend to be weaker, specifically if it occurred south of 60 degrees North. This means that the likelihood of a storm bombing out would be small and the only cyclone that would make sense to rapidly develop would be a tornado in this case.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

The newspaper article was in August. Isn't that pretty much the middle of hurricane season?

Isn't the application of the term "cyclone" to tornadoes mid-western American idiom?

Does the word "sudden" appear in the article or did the OP make that up?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Foreign affairs I understand, but Betty and Barney hill I don't?

The CIA has documents concerning the Hills?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Does the word "sudden" appear in the article or did the OP make that up?

The word sudden wasn't in the article. The word sudden I used in a replying sentence, referring to the unuasal occurrence in combination of the acronymic sighting assuming the Russians seem to have at the same day as the airplane disappeared .

It's just a weird coincidence that indeed doesn't correlate to the fact that cyclones can happen at "Sudden " moments in that time period and place where the search party was initiated.

Although in my view weather changes and UFO'S seem to go together in some cases where they occur.

Not saying this event had a correlated effect on that particular situation. ..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Cyclones don't happen suddenly.

And aircraft have been known to have trouble with severe weather.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join