It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, was Hillary pardoned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Obama is now officially a former president. I haven't heard anything about him pardoning Hillary for any of her various crimes. Did I just miss hearing the news, or did he really leave her to twist in the wind?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
The only report I saw was that he spent Thursday pardoning a large number of drug offences. Hillary was not named.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I'm prettty sure you only have to pardon someone if they were convicted, which Hillary was not. Remember?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon who at that point was not charged, prosecuted or convicted

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark98SS

Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon who at that point was not charged, prosecuted or convicted

Doesn't change fam being correct, you only need a pardon if convicted. Nixon did not technically need to be pardoned either.

You really think pardoning her would do anything other than cause a press frenzy?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark98SS

Yes, for any crimes he "might have committed", so it was completely unnecessary other than for the sake of reputation and public image. He didn't have to get pardoned (which is what I said), so for Nixon's situation it didn't make any difference officially.

A presidential Pardon of Richard Nixon was issued on September 8, 1974, by President of the United States Gerald Ford, which granted former president Richard Nixon a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed against the United States while president

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-1-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do you not have to be found guilty of some charge before you can be pardoned?

Trump said something to her at the inauguration meal whilst shaking her hand, and it looked like he was reassuring her, so I don't think she will ever face any charges.

I could be wrong, his supporters were chanting "Lock her up".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

A president can pardon anyone without a conviction. The pardon can be issued at anytime from when the crime was committed to while it's being investigated to while it's being prosecuted right on up to conviction and sentencig.
No conviction is reqired for a presidential pardon.

We have had this discussion and source material provided many times here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Trump said he wasn't prioritizing the charges if at all once he got the first electoral win

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Trump is more likely to pardon her than Obama was.

If Trump pardons her, people can falsely speculate guilt forever.

After all, you 'don't need to be convicted to be pardoned'.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I haven't heard anything about her pardon.
Wikipedia has a good collection of all previous presidential pardons and, the one about Obama doesn't make mention of her.

Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No. There was never any talk from the left about this. Just right wing people fantasizing about it so they can try to justify their already preassumed guilt for her.

Instead Obama continued pardoning drug offenders.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just did a new topic post on this.

oops.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm prettty sure you only have to pardon someone if they were convicted, which Hillary was not. Remember?

But the Good News is, I bet you can get a "Hillary for Prison" T-shirt cheap now, they might even through in a "Make America Great Again" Polyester Cap (made in China).
edit on 20-1-2017 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

it`s kind of out of trumps hands, if the justice department wants to go ahead with an investigation and criminal charges there`s nothing trump can do about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nixon had to be pardoned because he had the dirt on who killed JFK and on those who covered it up.
It was easier to pardon him and buy hi silence than to kill him.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Nixon had dirt on who killed JFK? Can you elaborate? You got my full attention!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Nixon had to be pardoned because he had the dirt on who killed JFK and on those who covered it up.
It was easier to pardon him and buy hi silence than to kill him.

Or, or, let's think logically. Or, Nixon was stitched up and that was the pay off?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
She was not convicted of anything.

top topics

join